Forums

Help › Forums

who is the best player in the game?

Mon, Mar 5 2018 11:11 PM (244 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 5:39 PM

I know that both Mike and John are good lads...Never played them, but have conversed with them a bit in these forums and through the exchange of wall posts...now that we all agree, is there any chance we can further study Dan's suggestion of "sparring" partners?

just a thought, mind.

ct

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 6:23 PM

ct690911:

I know that both Mike and John are good lads...Never played them, but have conversed with them a bit in these forums and through the exchange of wall posts...now that we all agree, is there any chance we can further study Dan's suggestion of "sparring" partners?

just a thought, mind.

ct

No no, don't re-re-route.  This could be a good thread to organize games.  There has to be a better way.

I remember that one guy alexk### used to make threads to get games.  We don't need that.  He acted like a total D-bag when trying to get games.  He was also a pretty lousy player on top of that.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 6:46 PM

MichaelStroke:

ct690911:

just a thought, mind.

ct

No no, don't re-re-route.  This could be a good thread to organize games.  There has to be a better way.

I remember that one guy alexk### used to make threads to get games.  We don't need that.  He acted like a total D-bag when trying to get games.  He was also a pretty lousy player on top of that.

Or...you could join a top notch CC, like the one I'm in...lot's of tournaments and different match formats for capable players like yourself..:)

...but, at the risk of sounding like alexk...(whatever)...I will acquiesce and rescind my request to talk about Dan's Ho's...err...sparring partners.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 7:00 PM

MichaelStroke:

2) I'm always on the lookout for people who use calculators, cheats, programs, etc.  I just don't find that very conducive to real golf.  Could you imagine Mickelson using laser pointers, or Woods using GPS devices?  That cheapens it, IMO.

You might want to avoid ever going to a PGA Tour event before Thursday you will be terribly disappointed, there is so much electronic sh!t measuring every inch of the course I'm surprised you can still get cell phone service....that little book they look at can tell how far it is to the next "porta pottie"...I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I saw the initials "CE" on the front of it!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 7:29 PM

fatdan:

MichaelStroke:

2) I'm always on the lookout for people who use calculators, cheats, programs, etc.  I just don't find that very conducive to real golf.  Could you imagine Mickelson using laser pointers, or Woods using GPS devices?  That cheapens it, IMO.

You might want to avoid ever going to a PGA Tour event before Thursday you will be terribly disappointed, there is so much electronic sh!t measuring every inch of the course I'm surprised you can still get cell phone service....that little book they look at can tell how far it is to the next "porta pottie"...I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I saw the initials "CE" on the front of it!

Oh yeah, I know in the practice leading up to the tournaments it's a gauge heaven.  And if people want to use programs to hone their game in practice rounds, more power to 'em.  Now if they're punching numbers into a program while the match is going on, telling them what club, how much power, how far to move to adjust to wind, etc. I personally find it to be a cheat.  They can't use all that stuff during the actual tournament, so I don't want it used against me during a live match.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 8:54 PM

In a RL that data gained prior to the tourney is carried by the caddie in a notebook during the tourney. It's why a really wild shot will send players in to overdrive pacing things out and cussing at the caddie maybe.

Provided it does not lead to slow play, every shot, I personally do not have an issue with anyone using a generic shot calculator here.......... Basically I just don't think any of these generic fussy calculators get anyone past a low point "live" play wise.  

All million miles away from walking around with a caddie called Mr Otto of course.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 9:36 PM

fatdan:
    I thought I saw the initials "CE" on the front of it!

Now that's the best player in the game right there!  I bet his sponsor was some South American internet cafe too..

• ministerjacques
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2015 10:42 PM

the ones that dont buy anything and can shoot under par

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 6:27 AM

ministerjacques:

the ones that dont buy anything and can shoot under par

I was actually thinking the ones who enjoy this "free" game for free...similar answer.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 2:48 PM

Hello Everyone. Who is the best player on WGT?  Well I am of course.

My overall win record for Match Play is 93%.   I don't think anyone can compete with that.  Most of my losses happened when I was a lower level player.  Once I became a Legend, my record is more like 99.9% wins.  

I don't like bragging about myself because I am a very humble person.

RSS