Forums

Help › Forums

who is the best player in the game?

Mon, Mar 5 2018 11:11 PM (244 replies)
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 9:28 AM

MichaelStroke:
    If you feel a need to just pick fights with me (and this is not the first time), then I'll just throw niceties aside and really bear down on you.  It's your call, Paulie.

Geezus murphy, you two have pretty harsh words for each other, guess there is some history here that no one is aware of lol... Glad im staying out of it lol. WOW

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 9:38 AM

krskfr:

MichaelStroke:
    If you feel a need to just pick fights with me (and this is not the first time), then I'll just throw niceties aside and really bear down on you.  It's your call, Paulie.

Geezus murphy, you two have pretty harsh words for each other, guess there is some history here that no one is aware of lol... Glad im staying out of it lol. WOW

I honestly don't know what the hell it is.  Paul's always been...Paul.  It is what it is.  I've been noticing lately that he's gunning for me a liiiiiiittle too much.  I got tired of it and snapped.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 9:45 AM

ct690911:

pps..I agree with Bubbs...I think he is the best player on WGT. !!

ct

Glad you got my attempt at a humerous switch of words, and sarcasm

Not even the best player in our street, though saying that the way her in number 27 is shifting around on that zimmer, then i may be shortly ;-)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 9:50 AM

Michael, I don't think anyone's accusing you of  not being good, you're obviously a strong player and rightly deserve praise for that.

Can only speak for myself, but the main reason I've poked fun at you and/or given you a hard time now and then has to do not so much with what you say as it does with how you say it.

A good player doesn't have to say something like, "I'm top 20."  I know you qualified the statement by saying it was with a short timer, but the hubris still comes through.

As far as the "palefaced internet Rambo" stuff goes, that's just so much fluff and is easily ignored, so no big deal.

I know you're a good player, and probably a decent sort IRL.  If you're kind to dogs and cats, you're already a notch above many other humans.

Have a good xmas and a happy New Year.

• STICKY63
    375 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 9:53 AM

ct690911:
    Mike...Paul...it's Xmas time, gentlemen...let's try to be nice.

Yeah! Can't we all just get along.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 9:55 AM

Forgot to add the most important part...

bubbs is definitely the best!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 9:58 AM

;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 10:05 AM

MichaelStroke:

PaulTon:
    Please don't lie Michael, I have NEVER mentioned, or even alluded to any deficiencies in your game.Where have I said you were not a good matchplay (or any game type) player?!

PaulTon:
    *With some practice you could get to 50%...

You JUST implied that I was a below-average player.

PaulTon:
    when not being a d*ck (like now)

Care to point to the situation in this thread where I was "being a d*ck"?  Or is considering myself one of the better timed-shot match players fitting in that category?

I've never denied being a bit of a jokester or a wise-ass, but I am RARELY just outright mean to someone unless they've clearly demonstrated a need to be treated in that fashion.  I just don't fit into the buddy-buddy "circle jerk" on here of pale-faced internet Rambos who need to fit into some strange secret society of e-friends.

As I feared, you didn't get the initial joke (lame sexual innuendo about you being top 20 in the 30 second category) and lost the plot. 

You then misunderstood the 50% reference.

I said your reply lacked WIT but with practice you could get to 50% (HALF).

Again, nothing to do with golf, I "implied" (rather blatantly) that you were a halfwit. A point you have just proven to anyone reading this.

MichaelStroke:

MichaelStroke:

I honestly don't know what the hell it is.  Paul's always been...Paul.  It is what it is.  I've been noticing lately that he's gunning for me a liiiiiiittle too much.  I got tired of it and snapped.

Delusions of grandeur Michael?

You're barely on my radar but carry on, you can huff and you can puff and you can try to blow my house down.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn...

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 10:14 AM

I got your sexual and half wit fun stuff and think Michael poss did not, i say poss as i know hes humerous on here. Probably he did get it and theres been something wrangling away.

Anyway, a bit of rant on aint the end of the world

And by the way, im the best.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 10:19 AM

bubbsboy:
    And by the way, im the best.

Everyone secretly knows that.

RSS