Forums

Help › Forums

New Callaway Balls

Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:46 PM (130 replies)
  • spinmaster
    56 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:57 AM

zagraniczniak:

Sticker shock! They may have durability, but $3 for a sleeve of virtual balls? That's what I pay for real golf balls, and they can last for eons.

This is great WGT! Nice Work!

-Spinmaster

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:10 AM

After using these balls for a few rounds now, i'd like to retract my statement!, If you compensate for yardage lost due to back spin, these balls land on one of those markers golfers put down when picking up their ball on a green, without moving an inch! Even with 9 and 8 irons.

And they've produced the funiest bunker shot i've ever seen, i hit ball out with 105 yard wedge, ball flew up, i was looking down fairway for it, but the ball had flew straight up in the air and travelling 90 ish yards straight up, only to come back down and landing just behind me, pity it didn't land on my avatars head to knock some sense into it!

• rainman692
    54 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:20 AM

Just played a good round on Oakmont for the weekly 18 single, heavy wind and tournament greens with the new Callaway (s) ball. The spin you can get is really useful to get out of trouble.

However, the game should become more and more REALISTIC, rather than EASIER. I have my doubts on this subject.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:39 AM

The people who complained a while back about their golf ball not spinning enough, or were looking for more distance, their day has come.

I like the Callaway Tour i(z) golf ball just fine. The price may be steep for some, but who's using their own money to make pro shop purchases? The meter speed with these golf balls is fantastic using the Ping i15 irons, and is the best part about them. IMO.

Thanks WGT.

• pluer
    142 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:49 AM

same here Tess, almost holed oak9 and ALMOST made doubleeagle on 17 with sidewind - first games - andys18 - 61, oaky18 - 60.... I gen. like them.

• Hamplo
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:51 AM

Ahoj, všechny vás zdravím.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:52 AM

Mixed bag for me here.  Lasted 53 holes which was nice but had some funky outcomes on shots.  Half BS shots dinged coming up 10 yds short while full BS shots actually flying farther than they do with no spin.  Slightest meter miss with any backspin resulted in 9-12 yds short where legend ball would be more like 3-5.  Did have some shots check up well and go the distance you'd think after accounting for the added spin though.  Worth a try I guess but just not for me.

Got a laugh when I submitted review in Pro Shop and was told it would post after a moderator reviewed it.  Guess you'd better praise it.

Think I'll stick with the 60 Legend balls in my bag for my time remaining here.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 8:25 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 8:37 AM

PRIESTESS:
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is that a thumbs-down on the new Callaways, or are you still commenting on the Halloween balls?

• golfer342
    132 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 8:37 AM

The Callaway ball have twice the durability as the G12 - SD2 so I guess they last twice as long....but they cost twice as much . So it seems to be a better ball for the same cost (I'm guessing)

RSS