Forums

Help › Forums

New Callaway Balls

Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:46 PM (130 replies)
  • oksymoron
    110 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 7:25 PM

MioKontic:

I would just like to congratulate two of WGT's best players - BiB and Jake - for trying the new ball, working with it and seeing the positives rather than just complaining like a lot of the other legends that they can no longer compete.

Oh well, Jake and BiB won't complain, for they'd win with anyone with the default ball and beginner irons. Besides, seeing the positives of the calloway balls only underlines the fact the "weak", no-gift-card legends complain about, i.e. that the other tiers can use them as well.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 8:23 PM

oneputtdavid:
    at least not if he's quitting......uh retired.....uh semi....uh????   lol 

LOL. Jake ain't going anywhere-he loves this game. He said the exact same thing back when he was about to cash his first gift card.  :-D

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 8:27 PM

MioKontic:

I would just like to congratulate two of WGT's best players - BiB and Jake - for trying the new ball, working with it and seeing the positives rather than just complaining like a lot of the other legends that they can no longer compete.

I don't think any of us are saying we can't compete. All I want is for my great score to count for something, not getting beat out by a TM, Master or whoever that could only dream of shooting that from my tees.

If you're not a Legend you shouldn't be trying categorize any of us anyhow. Really until you starting playing our tees you haven't a clue of what it takes to get a low score.

BTW, I like the new Callaways, it helps more on long irons than short ones so at the end of the day I guess it serves some purpose.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 8:33 PM

I remember that Jim.  Good memory.  This time is for real though.  Plan on doing the monthly premiums for gift cards but that's about it...at least for the foreseeable future.  If Flash 10.2 proves to be more stable I may step back in the ring but utterly burned out now.  Y'all have fun with it.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 12:48 AM

New Callaway Tour (z) ball.  Been playing with them a few days now.   I must say they provide new dimensions with your irons.  The amount of spin applied can be critical in making a good shot, or a poor shot.  But they are incredible, 60 wedge with full spin on tournament green in low wind conditions.  The ball will definitely backup significantly.

• vespa1965
    212 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 2:00 AM

Infinito3010:

New Calloway Tour (z) ball.  Been playing with them a few days now.   I must say they provide new dimensions with your irons.  The amount of spin applied can be critical in making a good shot, or a poor shot.  But they are incredible, 60 wedge with full spin on tournament green in low wind conditions.  The ball will definitely backup significantly.

Agreed, these balls are good, expensive, but good, Kiawah back 9 is almost enjoyable again. Take a bit of getting used too regarding backspin and distance travelled but I think these will be permanately in the bag for me. Nice addition WGT

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 7:45 AM

These things are amazing, when you are ringing the bell. Having said that, if you miss the ding by more than a couple pixels you get what you deserve, short and wide of target much more than gi-sd balls. Thank god I'm a ding player, unfortunately I suck at aiming and judging wind lol. My guess is the elite here will get these balls figured out in no time, and go a couple strokes lower on ave. than what we have seen before. I have been using these almost exclusively at Oakmont, and I gotta tell you I have gotten the ball real close on holes where I used to take par and run. Example # 16 223yd. par 3 into 10mph headwind knocked a 3wd to 1.6ft., so if a semi chop like me can do it, the elite must be licking their chops. Love the durability as well, great job WGT on the new ball. Now just think about how bad you screwed up inter-tier play and you might get a full gold star. To this Miokiotek guy, please keep your mouth shut on anything that has to do with Legend tier. Old saying tis better for people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. JB

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 8:58 AM

oooooo,Do i see players starting to agree with me.:},I did check your profile a few times Shade to see when you were going to start using them

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 9:02 AM

jbenny11:
    To this Miokiotek guy, please keep your mouth shut on anything that has to do with Legend tier.

That's just damned rude. You don't own the tiers, we all aspire to rise as high as our skills allow, and we can have our views on what might await us when we get there.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 9:14 AM

If you are not a Legend how can you possibly have an informed opinion on what you have not experienced. Sorry if you felt I was rude, but this guy trumpeting his -2 from the tips does not qualify as an informed opinion. I'm only rude to those who earn it sir. JB

RSS