Forums

Help › Forums

Champion tier.

Fri, Jan 8 2016 8:18 PM (238 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2015 7:46 AM

Ive just sat and read all 4 pages of this post and I`m wondering , why is it that everyone is acting like this is something new ? When I first started this game , Legend was the top tier . We had the Rocket Legends { Those who made Legend in 3-4 months } . Then we had the Chop Shop Legend { The ones who had their CC buddies throw them rounds so they could tier up } . 

So they added a new tier another tail chaser . More money for WGT and nothing different from what we have now . Players will make the new tier however they want its no big deal . You too will have the same options as every other player to do the same .

If you want to go and hammer out your rounds under the toughest conditions the game allows then so be it . For those who do it from the easy tees its their game too . Its a slot that needs to be and is going to be filled and its to up you how it gets done . Players took the easy way to make Legend and Tour Legend as well .Its no big deal and it hasnt hurt the game at all .

The new joke will be Tour Champion . It will be as much of a joke as WGT Nation . The TC tier should be for the Open champions and the top 10 virtual tour champions . They should be allowed to play from Tour Legend and above tourneys until a good solid field is built for their own tourneys to play . WGT could also add the top money winners or a earnings requirement as well 5000 credits minimum in earnings .Maybe that would help build that tier .

The bottom line though is that over all its no big deal as this is just a game .

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2015 6:44 AM

Lots of varied opinions on the tier, we will see how it all shakes out.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2015 8:04 AM

lonniescott711:
    Ive just sat and read all 4 pages of this post and I`m wondering , why is it that everyone is acting like this is something new ? When I first started this game , Legend was the top tier .
    Well, it is not new but a product of time and growth, I suppose. When I started the top tier was amateur. At that same time, the 2 ten-cent balls had not quite been available yet. No real club up-grades either. Then, the Pro tier was added along with some more low grade balls and clubs with no startling excellence. You could play against anyone here and never get out driven by more than 5-10 yards. Iron shots by anyone closer than 10 feet was considered spectacular. Birdies, by anyone, came dear...reaching a par 5 in two shots was a freak of nature. Then, the Master tier was added with some slightly better balls and the introduction of the iconic Ping Rapture line up...everybody went gaga over them...very groundbreaking to the point that the driver invented the great thread "The 300 Yard Club"...those were the days' of pure, honest play now extinguished.  ~SP~

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 4:23 PM

Still have no idea why this tier was created,  I am sure they will surprise us with an early morning maintenance thing.  They add 1.4+ to my average when I was a TL and tell me I have to play 200 ranked rounds to get here.  Then I must saturate again with god knows how many games.  I have been here almost 4 years and of all the god awful things they have done to this game this tier takes the cake.

I have 24 games in as a make believe Champion and my average is going up and down like a window blind.  Putts that used to be routine now find a way to miss on the lip,  I used to hit a bit early on a L to R wind to hold it a bit and now that keeps it left of the hole.  If I ding it instead it goes right a mile,  maybe that's what they had in mind.  Make it so demanding that we all find another past time.  It's working,  great job WGT.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 6:31 PM

cbbcrazy:

Still have no idea why this tier was created,  I am sure they will surprise us with an early morning maintenance thing.  They add 1.4+ to my average when I was a TL and tell me I have to play 200 ranked rounds to get here.  Then I must saturate again with god knows how many games.  I have been here almost 4 years and of all the god awful things they have done to this game this tier takes the cake.

I have 24 games in as a make believe Champion and my average is going up and down like a window blind.  Putts that used to be routine now find a way to miss on the lip,  I used to hit a bit early on a L to R wind to hold it a bit and now that keeps it left of the hole.  If I ding it instead it goes right a mile,  maybe that's what they had in mind.  Make it so demanding that we all find another past time.  It's working,  great job WGT.

It doesnt matter why they made the tier the answer to your problem is very simple . Stop worrying about your average . This is what you do . Go play a round and go ahead and shoot a bad round and drive the average up . When I made T/L I drove my average up to 80.00 . Since at that time T/L`s had to play 500 rounds to saturation I had plenty of time to get it back down .

Same thing now you still have to play 200 rounds to saturation . So drive it up you have 200 rounds to play it back down . At the same time it will make the game back off by changing the level of deviation that you are getting . The better you play the harder the game plays . So drive the average up and watch it start too play easier .

Oh they made the 2 new tiers to make more money off of those of us who want to try to get there . I`m doing it with the starter ball or should say trying too any way . I throw in bad rounds to make the game back off and it gives me wiggle room . Trying to shoot 29-30 or better all of the time is not as easy as it may seem .

So in learning how to play the game you have to learn how to play the game . Good luck and I hope to get their soon . :-)

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 4:38 PM

lonniescott711:

cbbcrazy:

It doesnt matter why they made the tier the answer to your problem is very simple . Stop worrying about your average . This is what you do . Go play a round and go ahead and shoot a bad round and drive the average up . When I made T/L I drove my average up to 80.00 . Since at that time T/L`s had to play 500 rounds to saturation I had plenty of time to get it back down .

Same thing now you still have to play 200 rounds to saturation . So drive it up you have 200 rounds to play it back down . At the same time it will make the game back off by changing the level of deviation that you are getting . The better you play the harder the game plays . So drive the average up and watch it start too play easier .

Oh they made the 2 new tiers to make more money off of those of us who want to try to get there . I`m doing it with the starter ball or should say trying too any way . I throw in bad rounds to make the game back off and it gives me wiggle room . Trying to shoot 29-30 or better all of the time is not as easy as it may seem .

So in learning how to play the game you have to learn how to play the game . Good luck and I hope to get their soon . :-)

Thanks Lonnie,  you make some good points.  I'm just a bit disgusted right now after by memory knowing the breaks of putts by the speed of the balls and now that is a bit goofy too.  I'll get over it, at my age I don't have much choice...:-)  Have a great one

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 9:34 PM

Still don't know if saturation exist at champion tier, no info from wgt staff for that.

I'm sure i play way way more than the 200 ranks rounds since i'm champion and my average still goes up when i have bad games and down when i have  good games.

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 9:41 PM

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but....

Congratulations to   LeHew    1st USA Champion on WGT!

RSS