Champion tier.

Fri, Jan 8 2016 8:18 PM (238 replies)
  • pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 12:35 PM

peoch:

Qongrats to Rainbeam ho is the first to reach Champion tiers

Excuse me guys

Rainbeam level 95........since 2014 ......already Champion tier?

mah boh mah boh mah boh

bye

Carlo

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 12:43 PM

IWhen a player can be Legend in 4 weeks @ L91 average 56.56 and only 114 ranked games something is rotten.Either they know a glitch or they are a insider….one or the other take your pick

SoKoSteve:

skccvb:

18 months from hack to Champion ffs- it used to take at least 2 years to Legend tier before all the "level up boosts" and multiplier bullsheet. Congrats

That's simply not true.  I've never used a booster and I hit Legend in three or four months.  Burned myself out, but never used a booster.

Just because you can't doesn't make it impossible.

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 4:08 PM

fatdan:

I can't wait to see a Champion only tournament after they all get there...what are the odd's that the "red tee" champions will enter that one LMAO

Hehe, I've entered most of the weely Champion tournaments, reckon it'll be my best ever chance to win one, doesn't seem like there's too many entrants.

Don't really care about my average, it'll go up and then it might come down, makes no difference to how I play, only how others may perceive me.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 4:17 PM

WoodenHands:
    makes no difference to how I play, only how others may perceive me.

Heh, that's the tricky part, determining how factual or representative an average is. Not by digging, by playing.  The posers stick out like a sore thumb.  :-)

• FarFoo
    2,916 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:50 PM

I think wgt missed a big opportunity here.

If they were gonna create a new 'champion' tier, and I'm not so sure that its a good idea yet tbh, they should have taken the opportunity to make the avg a meaningful number rather than what we have right now.
    Champion avg should have only be calculated on open tourneys like RG's & VT's & the like.
    I mean, how can you be a champion if you never played the best guys around ?

In fact, should probably have had to win some opens to become a 'champion' in the first place.

• FarFoo
    2,916 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:57 PM

fatdan:

The way they are doing it takes away the prestige of reaching "Champion" tier, but the only thing I would call "pathetic" is that guys like FMags, Poldi, BB, have to play 200 RR's to get there to be eligible to be invited to Tour Champ...

Any past/present Major tournament winner who is a TL should automatically be a "TC"...the fact that they are not is a joke!

Just seen this, agree completely.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:20 PM

FarFoo:
    I think wgt missed a big opportunity here.

Agree for sure, right after the change, I shot a 28 and "average" went up to 56.

I thought "nice, WGT is doing it right now...but the 30 or 31 I put up next, didn't do a thing at all...still at 58.

FarFoo:
    In fact, should probably have had to win some opens to become a 'champion' in the first place.

FarFoo:
    Champion avg should have only be calculated on open tourneys like RG's & VT's & the like.

Yep...I think VT winners, Open Champs, etc should be in there, yet should still be allowed to play in Champion Tourney...I'd hope TC would be a "Badge of Honor". even retired players like AvatarLee should get the honor as well, along with SCK, etc.

Maybe WGT could set up some challenge match stuff...minimum 2 out of three to advance, etc, from the Champ Tier and have to play and beat the best to be in the same company as the notable TC's.

IF that were to happen, I'm tracking down Jake and putting a gun to his head to get it going:)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 9:11 PM

Many threads with ideas for the new tier that got ignored.  Part of me now says why not?  If some one wants that extra to aim at, and can't play real courses what harm does it do.  WGT will be hoping the bulk are that.  

Some red tee players can play a bit, although don't obviously practice too much to get real good elsewhere.  If they want to keep their averages as low as they are they have a long haul if they care about Champ.

I played a bit extra to get my badge I admit.  Not sure why just seemed fun for the heck of it.  Average wise I have no want to sport a 50 "average" by pounding out one red tee course just so I can, and will turn in my good bad and indifferent cards same as always :).  

I am sure WGT are debating what to do with T Champ still.  I think the net will be wider than VT or Open winners as they want as many as possible to try.  IF they do in fact do that please just real event averages (agree with all the above and many other threads saying basically same).

Roll of honour for VT winners etc by all means.  I just don't see T Champ as the place for it as it stands now with the way Champ is set up.

As for champ as is I think stimp 14 as the general default speed might be a good idea to try to see how that goes.  The bulk of the red tee brigade will not care as they never get off their reds in low wind and say Stimp 10 if pushing it anyway.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 5:27 AM

Tigerpaw509:

IWhen a player can be Legend in 4 weeks @ L91 average 56.56 and only 114 ranked games something is rotten.Either they know a glitch or they are a insider….one or the other take your pick

SoKoSteve:

skccvb:

18 months from hack to Champion ffs- it used to take at least 2 years to Legend tier before all the "level up boosts" and multiplier bullsheet. Congrats

That's simply not true.  I've never used a booster and I hit Legend in three or four months.  Burned myself out, but never used a booster.

Just because you can't doesn't make it impossible.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy.  I was just commenting on the "2 years to reach Legend before boosters" comment.  That's also crazy.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 8:59 PM

My meter is awfull today and my putting skill always bad, that combination make me think i will be "champion" in 25 years lol

Hope for  the next update, wgt make the   game  beter  for once and not worse...

RSS