Forums

Help › Forums

Champion tier.

Fri, Jan 8 2016 8:18 PM (238 replies)
  • alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 10:15 PM

micheldess:
    Still don't know if saturation exist at champion tier, no info from wgt staff for that.

They are the Hold-Your-Tongue Tribe from Bay Area - what do you expect?

micheldess:
    I'm sure i play way way more than the 200 ranks rounds since i'm champion and my average still goes up when i have bad games and down when i have  good games.

My guesses are between 500 and 1,000 - Thou Shalt Grind says the company!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 10:54 PM

I don't keep track like some but I saw 200 RRs given as the mark for champ saturation by a couple.  I would say that is about bango:)...

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 11:22 PM

SweetiePie:

lonniescott711:
    Ive just sat and read all 4 pages of this post and I`m wondering , why is it that everyone is acting like this is something new ? When I first started this game , Legend was the top tier .
    Well, it is not new but a product of time and growth, I suppose. When I started the top tier was amateur. At that same time, the 2 ten-cent balls had not quite been available yet. No real club up-grades either. Then, the Pro tier was added along with some more low grade balls and clubs with no startling excellence. You could play against anyone here and never get out driven by more than 5-10 yards. Iron shots by anyone closer than 10 feet was considered spectacular. Birdies, by anyone, came dear...reaching a par 5 in two shots was a freak of nature. Then, the Master tier was added with some slightly better balls and the introduction of the iconic Ping Rapture line up...everybody went gaga over them...very groundbreaking to the point that the driver invented the great thread "The 300 Yard Club"...those were the days' of pure, honest play now extinguished.  ~SP~

Those were the good old days.  We all were having lots of fun and I loved those raptures,  I wish I still had em in the bag.

Those were also the days before the word 'Cheat' was known too as we all respected the top players of the game.

-Roger

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2015 5:28 AM

mantis0014:

Those were the good old days.  We all were having lots of fun and I loved those raptures,  I wish I still had em in the bag.

Those were also the days before the word 'Cheat' was known too as we all respected the top players of the game.

-Roger

Yes Roger, wonderful days. Your use of the word "respect" was a universal sensation that was evidenced in every way. The crop of players of that time were creatures of the first rule of golf; that it is a "Gentleman's Game" to be played with that behavior, and either training or shunning those not following this rule.  ~Lily~

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 3:15 PM

Just to inform everybody, i reach saturation at champion tier today.

My average  don't move up when i score bad rounds. So maybe the 200 RR still the possibility for the saturation at that tier.

And by the way even if the game  desintegrate since months, i still like to play the game and we have a good community with lots of  great people.

Always a pleasure to play with players and always a pleasure to read the post on the forum.

So thank you all  for that.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 10:56 AM

I have 200 ranked rounds and its still going up and down.  I find myself playing less all the time so I may never reach saturation,  just not much fun to me anymore.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 11:21 AM

Sorry,  cbb, but i'm sure it's 200 rank round before saturation when you reach "champion"

Maybe in those 200 rank round, you have some par 3 and par 5, and that don't count for the average.

Play couple of rank round, and suddenly your average will drop  a little day by day, like me. They give me 56,99 average now, but without the 200 luck rank round, i'm more  a player of 60 average.

RSS