• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2015 8:05 AM

Whats that song about "Fools rush in" ?

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 7:09 AM

skccvb:

18 months from hack to Champion ffs- it used to take at least 2 years to Legend tier before all the "level up boosts" and multiplier bullsheet. Congrats

That's simply not true.  I've never used a booster and I hit Legend in three or four months.  Burned myself out, but never used a booster.

Just because you can't doesn't make it impossible.

• tmcal
    526 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 9:37 AM

load up on them short tee st andrews unlimited tourneys and become a champion!  woo hoo. 

it was funny.  we played a cc vs cc competition and rolled them (they only got 1 win out of 20+ matches i think).  when it was over they asked if we ever do short tees for cc tourneys.  we said every once in a while to mix things up, but primarily from tips and on champ greens.  their answer... "we do almost exclusively short tees... maybe we should stop that."  lol

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 10:15 AM

The way they are doing it takes away the prestige of reaching "Champion" tier, but the only thing I would call "pathetic" is that guys like FMags, Poldi, BB, have to play 200 RR's to get there to be eligible to be invited to Tour Champ...

Any past/present Major tournament winner who is a TL should automatically be a "TC"...the fact that they are not is a joke!

I can't wait to see a Champion only tournament after they all get there...what are the odd's that the "red tee" champions will enter that one LMAO

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 10:19 AM

fatdan:
    the only thing I would call "pathetic" is that guys like FMags, Poldi, BB, have to play 200 RR's to get there to be eligible to be invited to Tour Champ...

Is that true? Where did you get it?

Me thinks that "by invitation/appointment" means that anybody may be promoted.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 11:02 AM

Welllll, none of them are on the "Champion " tier list...the only "Tour Champion" is icon, soooo I guess common sense was the source of information....

That and the fact that WGT said you had to play 200 RR to become eligible for the champ tier...so the only fact I know about the new tiers is that fatdan will never be invited to the TC tier...LOL

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 11:39 AM

This goes out to any player that has already made the Champion tier:

Has the green speed changed or is it still Championship 13 ?

I've heard conflicting stories.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can give the real answer on this

2,111 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 11:54 AM

So far, I have not noted any change in either the greens speed, or the break.  Still I fully expect this to be adjusted with the next release, so it wait and see right now!

Phil

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 12:12 PM

No change i think

I play an alternate game couple of day ago with a champion, the wind seems the same and the championship green 13 was  the speed we have

The score to become champion is 58 and we need 200 rounds i think ?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 12:22 PM

777999:

So far, I have not noted any change in either the greens speed, or the break.  Still I fully expect this to be adjusted with the next release, so it wait and see right now!

Phil

How would you know?

RSS