Forums

Help › Forums

callaway soft balls level 33

Tue, Sep 22 2015 2:18 PM (99 replies)
  • Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 2:22 PM

These balls are behaving the same as the starter ball apart from meter speed

they are so short carrying around 250 with a 282 driver they have no spin, and the ball flight is really low, so they dont get up high elevated greens

played with my lasts hexs n they where fine, 

Just played bethpage black ready to go, shot a 67!!!!!! coudlnt carry allot of the bunkers or rough, it was just like playing with starter clubs n balls of legend tees!

anyone else having probs?

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2015 10:55 AM

Joshnosh:

These balls are behaving the same as the starter ball apart from meter speed

they are so short carrying around 250 with a 282 driver they have no spin, and the ball flight is really low, so they dont get up high elevated greens

played with my lasts hexs n they where fine, 

Just played bethpage black ready to go, shot a 67!!!!!! coudlnt carry allot of the bunkers or rough, it was just like playing with starter clubs n balls of legend tees!

anyone else having probs?

Hi Joshnosh,

Thanks for the post. I confirmed with the devs that the stats have not changed on these balls from the old Hex Chrome balls. If you believe you are having an issue directly related to these balls when you take a specific shot, please submit a bug report by right clicking in the game client after the shot and put "Chome Soft Balls" in the subject line. This information goes straight to our Q/A team for that instance you were playing and if there is an issue it really narrows it down to when it happened. Please note that you may not receive a response from them but if a Bug Report is sent this way they definitely will get it.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• Panget1
    4 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2015 10:30 AM

Yes I have noticed a difference as well. I have used this ball for a very long time and now my drives (I hit my shortest drive EVER as a Legend yesterday, 247 yards with a ding and a mild headwind) are much shorter and trajectory less as well. I have a hard time believing that nothing was done to them as now I am considering switching balls (= $). Just what WGT wanted to accomplish

• Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2015 10:07 PM

WGTShamWow:
    I confirmed with the devs that the stats have not changed on these balls from the old Hex Chrome balls.

Oh Sham, Sham, Sham

Of course the "stats" have not changed - but the play of the ball has inexplicably altered

They seem to be going a similar distance now but they definitely do not spin the same

Which kinda makes the "soft" a misnomer - but maybe that is just my perspective

I'm going back to the Srixons L11 - at least they perform as stated

Sorry

L F

• DILLIGAFU
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2015 11:22 PM

WGTShamWow:

Hi Joshnosh,

Thanks for the post. I confirmed with the devs that the stats have not changed on these balls from the old Hex Chrome balls. If you believe you are having an issue directly related to these balls when you take a specific shot, please submit a bug report by right clicking in the game client after the shot and put "Chome Soft Balls" in the subject line. This information goes straight to our Q/A team for that instance you were playing and if there is an issue it really narrows it down to when it happened. Please note that you may not receive a response from them but if a Bug Report is sent this way they definitely will get it.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

I play mostly on my Android device and not a pc. Is there a way to report a bug with a mobile device?

I have noticed a major difference in the distances with my R11 irons with these balls. I thought maybe the problem was with the clubs and rented some different irons to see. The problem went away immediately. Could it be a problem with the combination of clubs with the lvl 33 chrome softs? Just wondering...

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 2:35 AM

Been on other posts reg this and on our club forum, they have changed without a doubt. Hole 2 Kiawah the other day and i played my usual shot over the ditch and even had slight wind assistance so was wary of shooting into far rough.........straight into ditch it went pff. Then every second shot was short. I then came on forum and seen other folk complaining.

Crazy to have to start adding yards on with approaches so bought no more of them, using my freebies up and then going back to Srixons or WGT 64 creds, yes i will have to work yardages again but i wont feel ripped off doing it

Games sh!t

Bubbs

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 10:46 AM

Everybody here say that the balls changed. Every bdy in other threads, everybody in my cc, and everybody I know say it. But WGT says no, there isn`t any change.

I don`t know the english translation for the german word "borniertheit".

It makes no sence to speak to WGT. It makes no sence.

• dbcoop71
    23 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 11:04 AM

I had the same problem with the cally L 33 and  L 43 ball. So after pitching a fit I cleared all the cookies from browser, logged off, shut down my computer. Then turned computer back on and logged back on and both balls are working properly. It has been a couple of days now and still working. I don't know if this will work for anyone else but this worked for me.(fingers crossed)

DB

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 1:04 PM

dbcoop71:

I had the same problem with the cally L 33 and  L 43 ball. So after pitching a fit I cleared all the cookies from browser, logged off, shut down my computer. Then turned computer back on and logged back on and both balls are working properly. It has been a couple of days now and still working. I don't know if this will work for anyone else but this worked for me.(fingers crossed)

DB

This WORKED!!!!!!!!!! was playing a r2go at kiawah didnt notice first hole 2nd one drive didnt carry the ditch cleared cache back to 300+ drives straight away thank you 

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 2:58 PM

Fortunately, I tested the precision of some irons with the L33 Callaway in June of 2014.

June 2014, Callaway Hex Chrome L33

August 2015, Callaway Chrome Soft L33

There are some very small differences in the set-up for each test.  I'm maybe half a yard closer (note yardages to front and back of green and hazards).  The wind is a bit more in my face (note the shots are slightly more on-line).  

Even allowing for those slight changes, the shots still traveled about 20 feet less with the new balls.  

RSS