Forums

Help › Forums

They broke it real good this time...

Wed, Aug 5 2015 7:59 PM (58 replies)
  • ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 9:42 PM

My meter's fine too, Jim.. dots are good as well. I just switched to Maxthon Cloud last week and it made a big difference for me.. Best browser for the game client I've ever used.

Chrome was using up so many resources that it got unplayable for me months ago.. Now, I can barely use it on the site for credits and the forum.

I'm thinking that's where some of the problems are coming from with everyone else's meter.. Too much going on in the background, a lot of it hidden.

• danooo1
    3,422 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 9:48 PM

I would think by now you guys would have come out with a disc that you could market to us dummi's that play the game. You KNOW we would gladly pay for an insertable disc drive  that downloaded all the flash and graphics we would need.

Having all the basic programming on disc would prevent 95% of software troubles and you can still do your monthly updates and keep selling to us online.

This supposed to be a beta version--soo how about something a bit more stable?

xx

• DavesUp
    15 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 9:49 PM

I'm kinda giggling here.. I knew from day one that WGT had problems.. Over the years nothing was ever solved. So *Dave looks at product and looks at credit card.. Hmmm?... Why would I spend on a dysfunctional offering eh?....Money spent ...Zero! .. I sleep well ..

• WVHacker
    427 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 10:18 PM

Having trouble with cameras, my meter is choppy at times, a friends has the 3 click meter and lost his shot pal marks, he also has to hit 1 practice swing because it won't hit on the first time swinging. The 4 some I play with used to have a real good time, now we just fight the glitches and get aggravated - all after the July 30 update or down size or what ever happened on that date.

• laylaroz920
    209 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 10:39 PM

my avg  was 56.11 i shoot 8 under in stroke play and my goes to 57.11 how is this possible ??????. laylaroz920

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 11:00 PM

My Meter was PERFECT before 7/31.  After?  In ALT games it disappears, jumps (literally) and everything else you can think of.  I cannot get better than 1 to 1.5 inches left or right of the DING on most shots.  No point even trying to play.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 11:27 PM

Ish, based on your post I just now downloaded Maxthon cloud browser and played a round...meter was smooth as silk, a very pleasant surprise.  Adblocker+ comes with it and that made things even better.

Interesting thing about the new tiers and how wgt is calculating averages:  I was well into saturation before the update, probably over a thousand rounds as TL.  My first round after the update was a 27 and my average reset to 54.  Second round was a 29 and my average remains at 54.  I can only guess that if one has accumulated enough rounds for saturation, the first round after the update establishes a baseline and all subsequent scores above the baseline are discarded.

In essence, a saturated TL could shoot one decent round to establish a baseline then go out and shoot 199 more rounds with the starter ball and get promoted to Champion tier (and get 250 credits! yay!) regardless of the scores.  Time will tell if my theory is correct...but if this is the case, it's a pretty hollow achievement.

But...we're still faced with the screwed up camera situation.  We can use the mini-map camera on some holes to get the fairway to green view, but not nearly enough...makes it very tough to line up approaches properly.  In addition, putting graphics are still screwed up, sometimes very choppy and very often the ball looks like it's jumping out of the hole.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 2:42 PM

adding this to all posts but the new Callaway Soft balls are broke and have the same attributes as the starter balls apart from the meter.

and i cant switch to another ball cause all my charts are set up for the hex! how am i meant to play now?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 7:59 PM

I started this thread in light of the foul-ups that accompanied the last update.  Happy to say now that most of those have been corrected, at least on my end.  Camera views have been restored (on the few courses I've played since the update) meter is much smoother and ball is rolling as it should on putts.

Josh, I can't speak to the Callaway ball screw-up, but hope they get that straightened out.

My thanks to the mods who have conveyed our complaints to management and who have kept us informed of actions taken.

RSS