A Few Issues and Work Arounds 6/26

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 2 2015 11:42 AM (117 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 3:24 PM

blindpugh:

harleypilot:

Good post for everything except the flickering PLAY NOW.  I don't have any other tabs open, and mine still flickers.  I can't play anything now.

I agree h  I'm afraid Shams got the flickering PLA NOW one all wrong ,been playing since 2011 and never had that one so ...Sham just a bit of nonsense with your advice.

He may have posted an incomplete solution that doesn't work for everyone, but he didn't get it "all wrong". Having two (or more) WGT tabs open in Chrome is causing the problem for me, and closing one of those tabs stops it. The same solution has been reported by other users here. 

I'm sorry if the workaround doesn't help in your case, but your case is not every case. Just saying.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 4:20 PM

WGTShamWow:

Multiple Practice Swings:
    Problem: Taking two or more practice swing/letting the meter swing out  locks club selection, ball spin, and mini map.

Solution: Unfortunately for this one,  I have not found a solution. If you take two or more practice swings it will lock the club selection until you take a swing. The next shot everything will be unlocked.

So, a moderator is responsible for finding the hidden hacks to fix bugs that were created so we could have a annoying swoosh every shot with the silly camera angles, that are only good on 3 holes out of the entire lot of courses?

Of the bugs created last night, which ones will be fixed? And which ones will need the workaround from our end from now on?

Nothing against you Shamwow, but you shouldn't even be having to post this list. If the programmers/developers would spend a minute or two after adding something as ridiculous as that swish after every shot and those silly camera angles that are only good on 3 holes out of the entire lot of courses, and go through the wgt page, and game client, and maybe play a hole, these bugs might get caught and fixed, or they could just revert back (kind of like a system restore) to before they added whatever caused the problem. 

Note all of those who have the flashing play now buttons:

Open and sign into the game through the game client( I know WGT doesn't want you to do this, BUT, if it's the only way around a bug, go for it). 

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 5:16 PM

instead of 'work arounds', can we get an engineer employed please?

I shall donate 10000 credits to the cause, anyone with me?!?!?!

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 5:27 PM

Wontonamo:

I'm in. Maybe we can get a Christmas in July going and have all Santa's donate the credits and maybe it would be enough for a couple of Amazon Gift Cards and some college kid would fix everything for the Amazon cards!!!

We all know most college kids are struggling....wait, WGT is Silicon Valley area...no one is struggling in the SV. 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 5:41 PM

jayw4862:

Wontonamo:

I'm in. Maybe we can get a Christmas in July going and have all Santa's donate the credits and maybe it would be enough for a couple of Amazon Gift Cards and some college kid would fix everything for the Amazon cards!!!

We all know most college kids are struggling....wait, WGT is Silicon Valley area...no one is struggling in the SV. 

I think the pay at wgt is not getting the brightest minds.

or maybe to rigid for anyone to think for themselves?

testing is not a word used in this company !

How hard was it to test the stand in bag.

Tester buys a driver  and sells old gear, hmm not working, boss I need 1 more day to fix this.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 5:44 PM

Wontonamo:

Careful Tom, they may take you seriously ... watch your account balance.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 5:48 PM

siggipj76:

alcaucin:

alosso:
    One of the best posts Re: problems I've ever seen here.

Ditto...nice work Rocky !!  ( sham )

Andy

+1

very nice of you Sham to give people a response.

+2 that.   Always good to see a new Wgt person. 

Flickering 'Play now' only happens when I have two or more tabs open. The original Tab is ok for me. This never happened in the past with multi Tabs open

Just in case anybody is wondering...  have more Tabs open helps when you are doing CC office type of things.  This is so I don't have to flip flop pages all the time

-Roger

• WGTShamWow
    908 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 5:56 PM

Hi All,
    *Big Breath*

So lets see if I can respond to as many questions as I can. :) 

Flickering Play Now bar:
    So it seems that, from a few users, that the flickering Play Now bar is happening with only one window open for some users. Opye suggested running disk cleaner which worked for him. I have included the steps to run disk cleaner below.

"Run disk clean-up

Disk clean-up frees up space in your computer, and takes just a few minutes to run. In Windows XP, go to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Cleanup to start the process."

Testing:
    We do test these new releases before we release. Unfortunately since there are a wide variety of computers/setups with their each individual configurations amongst our users, being able to test for every variable would be near impossible. We do have an extensive testing system in place but bugs do come up. Reporting these bugs and issues through the game client and through contacting Customer Service really goes help get these taken care of quickly and we do appreciate your help with it.

Typing and Camera Angles:
     Have not seen this yet. Will test out and report to our devs. :)

Swoosh Sound:
    I haven't found this one too annoying but I will bring it up. 

Its not really a matter of why am I going through the game to find bugs, but more of I have found a few posts by our members where there were reported bugs. Went to the game client to see if I could reproduce them and I could, then I tried to find a way to work around them for now until our Q/A team can get them fixed. 

Ever since I started the Twitch stream, I have really enjoyed working with this community. I know the game has a few quirks but if something comes up like a bug and I can make a post showing the community a way to work around it so they are still able to enjoy the game while the issue is fixed, why wouldn't I post it. It helps the community.

Not all of these work arounds may work for everyone but hopefully this helps some of our players. 

Will keep updating this thread if I find out anything else. 

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 6:04 PM

Keep up the good work Sham.

And please stop choking your irons to 80 % ;)  it hurts my eyes watching that

I can send you the yardages if you want.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 6:11 PM

WGTShamWow:
    Swoosh Sound:
    I haven't found this one too annoying but I will bring it up. 

Good deal. At least you "too annoying" so I hope it's a "little" annoying so the devs will at least put in an option to mute it (without creating 5 bugs in it's place).

WGTShamWow:
    I have really enjoyed working with this community

We can tell. Keep up the good, positive work. Good to see that you're not ignoring us. 

And take siggi's advice :-)

RSS