Forums

Help › Forums

Mass Poaching

Wed, May 16 2018 6:35 AM (120 replies)
  • DAputts
    1,789 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 4:26 AM

Aren't most all CC's started by poaching?  Taking friends with you even friends from other clubs.  Isn't that pure poaching?  And how many offered " come with me and I'll make you a director ...hhhmm      

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 4:53 AM

DAputts:

Aren't most all CC's started by poaching?  Taking friends with you even friends from other clubs.  Isn't that pure poaching?  And how many offered " come with me and I'll make you a director ...hhhmm      

Absolutely not something I would do.  Started one recently, and not one person have I approached from my old place.  They ever wanted to join as a free agent fine, but even my director (v good friend) got a PM saying I had left after the owner got the PM sent.  The only people I would actually approach in any way are free agents.

Now not saying I could prize anyone away from my old place.  It's a good club anyway and so many will rightly just stay happy there. 

Others feel that's OK that's their right, but it's not the way I would go.  Some not being so up up for it the other way round is also true.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 9:34 AM

courteneyfish:

xbritewood. You've sure been busy.

Just came across this post now and I know I'm a little late to the party but I have to say Courtney that is a strange kind of opener for a post. You just threw this members name out there in your post with a "hint" of allegation.

When I read the line "you've been busy" I really didn't know what it meant and as I read on I could see other people were interpreting it as something to do with poaching, if you had something to say you should have said it directly.

Personally I have no issue with poaching. I am however a little disappointed that unlike other players on this thread I do not receive several CC invites every day in fact I don't get any invites and now I am getting a little paranoid and starting to take it personally that no club at all is trying to poach me. !!

I don't do the recruiting for our club, I have met maybe 4 or 5 players that I got on really well with, enjoyed their company and suggested that they would like our club and to contact our owner and say I sent them. I'm sure that some were members of other clubs at the time, I really didn't take any notice and I couldn't care less. I also couldn't care about anybody's un-written rule, either here or on a real golf course or in any aspect of life.

I am a law abiding citizen in real life, on WGT I play within all the rules (to the very best of my knowledge) - outside of that I detest any sort of snobbery being imposed in any shape or form.

So as for unwritten rules, the reason that they are unwritten is that they do not exist.

Now this brings me back to OP, she very neatly did not make any accusations, she just tossed a ball up in the air and waited for the batters to start swinging. It may not be against the rules to attach a players name to a half-insinuation ....... but perhaps it should be!!

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 11:07 AM

l believe there is a wgt Rule that a member is not allowed to name another member by name in these forums if they have a dispute with a member they should take their complaint to the wgt admins l think thats how it is supposed to work.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 11:15 AM

fatdan:

bubbsboy:

Actually it wasn't the theme of the thread originally, someone broke a "written rule", to publicly call out someone for breaking an unwritten rule!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 12:15 PM

razza31:

fatdan:

bubbsboy:

Actually it wasn't the theme of the thread originally, someone broke a "written rule", to publicly call out someone for breaking an unwritten rule!

That was not a quote i made Razza, it was Fatdans answers to me

Bubbs

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 4:12 AM

alanti:
    That said I also loathe CC Owners who approach others whilst they are still a member of another club

I approach players that are members of other clubs, but only if their club show little or no activity, and their are plenty.  Many have active players marooned in a club that even the owner has deserted.  So I don't have a problem asking these to join my club and I don't consider it poaching.

I also ask players during multi games if they are content in their clubs, and if they are, I leave it there, if not, I follow up and try to recruit them.  I don't have a problem with that either, and neither has any of the players I've asked so far.

And in case you missed it, the FPGC are on a recruitment drive this month (involving all our members) >>  316866.aspx

• THUNDERTOM
    381 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 6:12 AM

YOU ALL  NEED TO GET A LIFE.  IT'S  A  FREAKING COMPUTER GAME FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. STOP YOUR WHINING AND PLAY THE GAME OR GET OFF THE SITE.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 6:13 AM

THUNDERTOM:
    YOU ALL  NEED TO GET A LIFE.

Ever considered your "friends" are actually guys?????

• THUNDERTOM
    381 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 6:16 AM

DOES IT REALLY MATTER?  AS LONG AS THEY PLAY.

RSS