Help › Forums

game bugs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 22 2017 9:22 PM (63 replies)
  • navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 11:20 AM

This is not true in some cases.But.
    Things that run in the background of your PC,will affect your meter,load time's.
    And reaction time when tee off.
      Most important thing to do,Is,Every year or two(depending on the weather)
    is clean and or replace all your connection's.
    I have even found that your email notification will effect the meter .
    Odds on that are rare.lol.The things that protect your Pc can and will reek havoc
    also.
    And yes Wgt does have an oops once in a while to.
    I come to realize this when I had to get my pc debugged.Rented one for a week.
     It had the compatibility to run the game.But just.
    Was totally unplayable.When I got it back.(my Pc)They loaded Karpaski? on it.
    again,Unplayable.Till I deleted it.Now I have none.No issue's since..
        Hope this helps some.

navi .Also found th

• andyson United States
      5,291 Posts
      04-13-2013 8:07 AM

I came across a Flash Benchmark Test site that tells us how well our computer runs Flash games. 

The site runs increasingly complex Flash animations and measures how well your computer displays the animations.

It measures how many Frames Per Second  your computer can draw on the display.  The more FPS, the better the animations look.  Any FPS greater than 25 FPS passes the test.

It also gives a numerical score representing the overall Flash performance of your system.

Any score between 10,000 and 14,000 is rated Good.

Any score between 14,000 and 18,000 is rated Great!

Any score above 18,000 is rated Awesome!!

I tested several browsers this morning and here are my results:

Here's all the browser and flash versions:

I ran these tests under the same conditions I would play WGT.  Hardware acceleration enabled, No other browser window open. But Skype, Excel, a Paint program, Windows Live Mail, Notepad, all running.  A total of 96 processes.(Sure, I know, too much stuff running blah, blah, blah.  Don't bother telling me, thats the way I like it.) And as I've said before, my WGT meter is good in single play with a rare stutter.  But I get an occasional freeze or RPM (Rocket Propelled Meter) in multi-player. 

My laptop has an Intel I5 quad core processor with 4G ram and a dedicated GPU. I run Win7 64bit.   My ISP provides 25+Mbps down, 10+Mbps up.

Waterfox, my current browser of choice for playing WGT, came out on top. It was the only browser to pass the Heavy test providing 26FPS.   WF is tailored for 64bit systems, which I have.  I'm not surprised by this result

I find the other results a bit surprising. 

Chrome with the hated Pepperflash came in second.  I thought Pepper had trouble running flash?

My old version of FF (the latest is v18) did pretty good with the latest flash.  I used to run this browser before switching to WaterFox.

Chrome w/o Pepperflash and the highly touted Maxthon browser bring up the rear.  (I had to go to the Maxthon forum to find out how to get it to run the latest version of Flash.  Pfffft runs worse!)

Them's MY results.  What's your's?

(note: would really love to see someone's results running Windows XP, Hyena?  Where are ya man?)

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 7:15 AM

I haven't been able to play a whole game today.  Due to getting the WGT disconnection error message. Got it 3 times & got DQ'd.  And the time & ball life I spent went down the drain thanks to the bugs on here.  Not a happy camper at the moment.  Seems anymore the bugs just keep mounting up & nothing is being fixed.  I think WGT owes me a sleeve of balls for all the hassle I've been through.  Just my honest opinion.

• davepttrsn
    2,045 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2015 2:53 PM

davepttrsn:

davepttrsn:

NOW 21 DAYS (3 FULL WEEKS) AND COUNTING!   THE BOYCOTT CONTINUES....

NOW 4 FULL WEEKS AND COUNTING!  THIS IS REALLY INSANE.  WGT CANNOT HAVE PREMIUM TOURNEYS, HAVE PEOPLE PAY $100 TO PLAY THEM, AND THEN NOT PAY OUT CREDITS.  OUR CC BOYCOTT CONTINUES...

NOW 31 DAYS (ONE FULL MONTH) AND COUNTING FOR THE ONE PREMIUM TOURNAMENT AND ALMOST 3 WEEKS FOR THE NEXT, WHERE WGT HAS NOT PAID OUT OUR CREDITS.  OUR BOYCOTT OF SPENDING ANOTHER DIME FOR WGT CREDITS OR PREMIUM TOURNEYS CONTINUES.

• free2402
    31 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 7:52 PM

I am a golf tragic, on and off the course. But nothing is more fustrating than the ever increaing DISCONNECTS that seem to be occuring on the site. Please wgt, improve your sub standard server or overhaul your security from possible virus infections that continue to disrupt games and player enjoyment.

It is now harder to stay connected to the site, than to play. This oppinion is shared by the majority of people I join in a game. Personally, I am finding it even more frustrating than the single bogey quiters or those quiters deserate to maintain an average.

I feel this is a problem that wgt, just chooses to ignore, while doing things like speeding the metre on plain balls to encourage players to spend money on ball upgrades.

Customer satisfaction is NOT being balanced by your business methods. There are few changes to course layouts, i.e, pin positions or free course selections. Is it about being the only real choice in terms of online golf that determnes your attitude to player/site concerns.

• colinscott
    55 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 10:32 AM

Absolutely spot on complaint. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 11:33 AM

davepttrsn:
    NOW 31 DAYS (ONE FULL MONTH) AND COUNTING FOR THE ONE PREMIUM TOURNAMENT AND ALMOST 3 WEEKS FOR THE NEXT, WHERE WGT HAS NOT PAID OUT OUR CREDITS.  OUR BOYCOTT OF SPENDING ANOTHER DIME FOR WGT CREDITS OR PREMIUM TOURNEYS CONTINUES.

Looks like one finally paid out?

Were the tournys in question these two?

High Rollers - shows prizes

Two for two - shows no entry fees required and no prizes to give out?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 1:51 PM

navigater:
    But I get an occasional RPM (Rocket Propelled Meter) in multi-player. 
    Yes, and it is dangerous. It leads to premature eclickulation :-{

• ZakkCouples
    20 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 2:42 PM

I agree1 I now am seeing my clubs come up short, Way short of the greens! Even while clubbing up. Particularly my PW and SW. Sometimes 20-25 yards short. This is getting old with all the bugs. I request some sort of reimbursement of lost balls due to jumpy metes as well. I won my first tournament a couple of weeks ago and received zero for it. I shot out of my mind to win it and got zilch!

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 6:12 PM

lindseyak:

Tonight I cannot edit my equipment and it isn't showing the club set ups I have in my golf bag, I play Nike for tournaments and CTTH, Max for everything else, now I am stuck with Nike....grrrr....bug report sent, somehow, when hell freezes over is when I expect to get a response, such is my faith in WGT customer service......

Temporary fix.

un-checking the bag to unequip it, then save '

2. Go to your bag and un-equp the bag by un-checking the Equip checkbox.

RSS