skip nav

Forums

FLASH BENCHMARK TEST - How well does your computer run Flash?

Tue, Apr 23 2019 12:24 AM by DRAGONFIRESr. 95 replies.
  • ljbast Canada
    943 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:55 AM

andyson:
    Awesome!  But we can't get the Molson browser in the U.S., eh?

lol Andyson, I would try that browser for sure.  Using Comodo also tho

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tightrope Sweden
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 4:49 PM

ljbast:

so, this is good then?

Actually, no :)
    Seems like the test fail to analyze it's own data since you had very good score on lite, pretty poor on medium and then it failed on heavy so it never completed ultra. But for Lite apps, you're fine :)

I scored "awesome", passed all tests. Except the WGT meter.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tightrope Sweden
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 5:24 PM

Tightrope:
    I scored "awesome", passed all tests. Except the WGT meter.

I see that lied above, I actually never passed the "Ultra test". Interesting, in ways, is that Chrome, with Pepperflash, seem to be very good. It scored less than Opera and Firefox, but that seem to be because it apparently caps the fps at 60. It performs much better than the others on "heavy" and "ultra"

Opera (awesome)
    Lite 73
    Medium 66
    Heavy 29
    Ultra 15

Chrome (great)
    Lite 60
    Medium 60
    Heavy 40
    Ultra 19

Firefox (awesome)
    Lite 72
    Medium 67
    Heavy 29
    Ultra 14

In WGT, for me, the meter is smoothest by far with Chrome. Unfortunately I can not use it since it react very poorly to my click.

Digg
    Delicious
  • tdexpress United States
    76 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 5:07 PM

I have XP and IE and got a 16981. Flunked the ultra test but still came up just a hair short of awesome.

Digg
    Delicious
  • genegold2 United States
    1,302 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 12:03 AM

I have xp pro on a 64 bit dual-core processor running 32 bit os. Systen has been tweeked and runs a low 30 processes. Google beat out both ie and firefox by a large margin.

Digg
    Delicious
  • phiber United States
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 7:59 AM

This is great stuff andy but a question.  Where does WGT fall into the parameter of the tests?  Are they in the medium as I would expect?  Failing the ultra test to me doesn't really mean that much unless I were to play some of the online games that are much more intense than WGT?

Right now I play on an HP workstation that has tons of power and never have a meter glitch and the game plays incredibly smooth even with only 6 mbps download speed.  The rare occasion when I do get any sort of issue with the game it is usually a timeout or some other issue that I can attribute to my ISP.

Digg
    Delicious
  • DonB5750 United States
    14 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2013 5:39 AM

Using Firefox 14.01 and Macbook Pro 7 yrs old still with OSX 5.8, never upgraded I got Total of 36991, Lite 88, Medium 159, Hvy 96, Ultra 47. I'm still hitting the ball and watching the player stand still for 5-8 seconds before seeing the backswing and ball contact. Also, having the meter stop before reaching the end and hitting the ball without my fingers lifting off the mouse button.

Digg
    Delicious
  • tigerfan1506 United States
    3,193 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2013 5:21 PM

So according to Speedtest.net  .....the *ping* is extremely important to gaming. 100 is avg. for internet surfing and watching vids, but 50 and below is what i need to have for optimal gaming.

I have 81 ms

Anyone with a clue about computers know if this is why all of s sudden after 2 years, my meter sucks on any of the 3 browsers i have tried?

Thank you.

Digg
    Delicious
  • SamanthaWho United States
    3,403 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2013 6:17 PM

I failed the med test on IE, Chrome, Dragon and Max...

What can i do? The game is just not fun anymore with meter stutters, this just has started happening the last 2 weeks.

Sammi

Digg
    Delicious
  • andyson United States
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2013 8:50 PM

tigerfan1506:

So according to Speedtest.net  .....the *ping* is extremely important to gaming. 100 is avg. for internet surfing and watching vids, but 50 and below is what i need to have for optimal gaming.

I have 81 ms

Anyone with a clue about computers know if this is why all of s sudden after 2 years, my meter sucks on any of the 3 browsers i have tried?

Thank you.

WGT is not a MMOG where interaction between players requires split second timing, hence the recommendation of ping<50 for 'optimal gaming'.  Since WGT does not require split second timing between players ping timing has a negligible, if any, effect on the game IMO.

I just ran a ping test to New Jersey where the WGT servers are located, it was 90ms tonight.  It varies but I see no effect on the meter.  No big deal either way.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS