Forums

Help › Forums

Serious question...Is WGT about to shut down?

Mon, Mar 30 2015 1:01 PM (149 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 8:22 PM

They'll get the proper kick in the ass when PP isn't the clunky, laggy clusterfunk it is now.  Gates didn't fear Jobs for a long time either, until he had no choice.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 8:25 PM

What you see is what you get has always been the motto at WGT.

Enjoy at your own volition.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 8:30 PM

I have an 8 year old machine that plays PG just fine.

quadcore 2.6 4g ram and 8800gts512mb vid card.

low settings for stability and its good to go for an actual realistic game of virtual golf.

this place is an abomination of what it used to be, moreso the management and recently the game itself.

I still keep in touch with friends here, just not playing much at all - guess I have the same carefactor as whoever is looking after wgt.

good luck in future endeavours......

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 8:39 PM

MichaelStroke:

They'll get the proper kick in the ass when PP isn't the clunky, laggy clusterfunk it is now.  Gates didn't fear Jobs for a long time either, until he had no choice.

Bill probably shouldn't have bought in for $150million  when Steve was going under...lol

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 12:21 AM

Wontonamo:
    I have an 8 year old machine that plays PG just fine.

Exactly the real point.  They are not muppets any more than WGT is.  Actually all quite clever people.

Predictions as to future wants is the real hard part, and the EA release was for much needed funding, no more.  WGT dumbed down to compete with the only serious alternative to red tees and the CC Event.  

Hmm predictions.  As I said earlier my gut feel is with Microsoft have had to do, just accept Metro mobile apps are some way off ruling crap. Sure the world will be more mobile, but soon enough for a mobile only golf sim to really build?  I know I will be playing things by ear around this place with any money I spend...Toilet communication, and slow fixes and ever increasing bugs must be a great incentive to the competition trying to take ground in the serious golf sim market.  Trouble is n one wants the serious ground from what I can see..............Funny old market:)

Mind you the youth of today?  From England but reside in Australia.  Oz has compulsory voting and it's State election time.  I asked my two young first time voting sons who are you voting for and why?  Both appear torn between the National Fishing Party and the National Sex Party...................Their friends also appeared about as interested in between strumming guitar chords  All "decent" kids...........

• MP313
    13 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 12:45 AM

SweetiePie:

Exactly. Most "gamer" types are cheap-skate free-loaders with no money and a future that will last only as long as "mommie & daddy" while always interested in owning the newest "gizmo". The money is with the older crowd who aren't and don't. ;-} 

Can you please direct me to the source where you got the facts on what most "gamer" types are and what their future is? Also, what makes your future so superior to that of someone else?  

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 3:17 AM

We also have an election coming in the UK, and I can tell ya , noone under 30 gives two fcks.

My son falls in that category but he is living the dream halfway up a mountain in Whistler , British Columbia. He also doesn;t give a fck about the government.

But he does have the latest phone technology, and the best snowboards money can buy.

Us moping about the game here and where it may go is pointless.

• craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 3:49 AM

your depressing me guys .

let,s have a laugh .

wgt golf - 3 steps forward , 2 steps back .

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 5:27 AM

wgt isn't going no were for long time n pp will never even be half as good as wgt even with its probs sometimes if u think diff u only dreaming or broke n cant keep affording balls lol in my opinion

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 6:17 AM

Tom ,they just can't get those unrealistic scores at PG so naturally they say its no good.

its that ego thing kicking in.

RSS