Forums

Help › Forums

Serious question...Is WGT about to shut down?

Mon, Mar 30 2015 1:01 PM (149 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 12:58 PM

In insurance and utilities people who stay with the same company because they cannot be bothered to change are called keepers . WGT are using their older customers in the same way .

I must be just lucky as since the day I signed on here my old clapped out computer has almost never encountered any major issues or bugs but I can sympathise will those that have .

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 1:17 PM

craigswan:

In insurance and utilities people who stay with the same company because they cannot be bothered to change are called keepers . WGT are using their older customers in the same way .

I must be just lucky as since the day I signed on here my old clapped out computer has almost never encountered any major issues or bugs but I can sympathise will those that have .

Exactly. Most "gamer" types are cheap-skate free-loaders with no money and a future that will last only as long as "mommie & daddy" while always interested in owning the newest "gizmo". The money is with the older crowd who aren't and don't. ;-} 

• StingerWelsh
    1,021 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 1:30 PM

SweetiePie:
    The money is with the older crowd who aren't and don't.

Who you callin' old S.P.?  :)

• efratimike
    808 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 1:34 PM

Many wise posts & interesting information enjoyed reading them , my hunch is most of them are in the right direction but at a very low percent , we will never have enough information what goes behind closed doors to say anything concrete besides what we read or have experience in this field.

I would think if two  18 hole courses are coming out this year its some sign of future investment , I also think very few of us know the  the cyber world today of Hacking ,viruses,ect... bigger companies have been cleaned out with much more sophisticated security from a few teenage kids .

Its possible the cost of not fixing these bugs that have a high chance to relapse is a smart choice , most likely an improved version was put on the table & its not ready to launch, ,but even if it was they need  to test not only the current issues but future ones , i believe in them from what i have seen in the past

were just very impatient cause we love our golf & a little paranoid were getting screwed which sadly is natural in our times  

Its no picnic  but  it is in the end all about Dollars & cents :) 

mike

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 2:25 PM

StingerWelsh:

SweetiePie:

Well, I'm 27 and if, (I repeat if) I say older or old it is a compliment of respect. I don't hang with my contemporaries but am addicted to experience and sage wisdom. If I want "Dumb & Dumber" I'll watch it for the second time ;-}

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 2:50 PM

Jresh0817:
    ,never in the few years have I been playing seen it take this long to fix anything.

Every year at this time this concern gets brought up. IMO, the Open takes precedence for WGT and if you compare that to what we're wanting fixed now, you can see where their head's at when they're prioritizing. They'll get to it later, I suppose.

The problem here is that the main bugs affecting everybody -like the invite thing-showed up a long time ago (relatively speaking) and are getting quite obnoxious to have to deal with, especially when the biggest bug directly affects the number of games being played (translated-ball usage.) I used to get 3-4 AS matches in on an average evening. Now I'm lucky if I can scrounge up 2 and they're only by searching and hoping.

The point about the mobile platforms bothers me a lot because if this game is touted as browser golf, the idea has been to connect anybody to anybody, anytime, anywhere. The proliferation of hand held access to this game is changing the landscape and I think it's affecting the attention to the PC version. 

• BigBlockVettes
    700 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 2:52 PM

W G T Is not just saying the hell with there golf game, it,s just that they have rode this horse into the dirt. This is about business making money & the truth is they have tapped this keg. There,s really not much left W G T can do to enhance the game. Times have changed & phone apps & what not is the business the market is targeting. W G T will continue to milk this cow with all the problems as long as players spend there money & W G T is showing profit. So for all you players looking for things to get a lot better ....DON,T Maybe some things will be corrected but most want if they have to reach into the back pocket. Take what we have make the best of it , but remember the good old days are gone.

• victorharbor
    112 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 2:55 PM

Let's be honest, few us are enjoying  WGT the way it plays now.

Will it shut down? Yes, I think it will.

One day I'll go to log on and it will be closed due to frost - permanently.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 2:56 PM

SweetiePie:

StingerWelsh:

SweetiePie:

Well, I'm 27 and if, (I repeat if) I say older or old it is a compliment of respect. I don't hang with my contemporaries but am addicted to experience and sage wisdom. If I want "Dumb & Dumber" I'll watch it for the second time ;-}

"Golfers" have dimples on their balls ..   :-)~~~

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2015 3:17 PM

Golfers" have dimples on their balls ..   :-)~~~

I heard. And stiff shafts  &---(}-: )

RSS