Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • dacrash
    465 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 10:45 AM

AllyKennedy:
    This may have been mentioned before but i don't visit the forums very often. I'm also having a problem where the putting meter (the moving part) disappears mid-stroke and i can't get it back. I then have to close the browser and then restart wgt to be able to take the putt

This has started happening to me also.  Hope they fix it.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 10:51 AM

AllyKennedy:

This seems to be happening on the 2nd putt (after i've missed the 1st one due to dots being wrong..)

Any ideas?

Is this after you have viewed the replay of the first putt? The putting meter doesn't work after replays now (yes, another bug!). So just accept  you will have to restart after viewing the replay, or don't miss the first one!!! 

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 10:59 AM

fmagnets:
    The putting meter doesn't work after replays now (yes, another bug!).

This concerns all shots AFAIS. Going back after the replay is finished will lead to an unplayable shot and screen - only  X  helps.

User's workaround: Exit during the replay or select "view again" and exit instead of starting the shot.

But, apparently, there have been spontaneous freezes, too.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:29 AM

alosso:

fmagnets:
    The putting meter doesn't work after replays now (yes, another bug!).

This concerns all shots AFAIS. Going back after the replay is finished will lead to an unplayable shot and screen - only  X  helps.

User's workaround: Exit during the replay or select "view again" and exit instead of starting the shot.

But, apparently, there have been spontaneous freezes, too.

There is another user workaround. If you have the notebook, open it then close it. After doing this the meter works again. I learned about this workaround by reading a post by Bhoese. It has worked every time I have watched a replay since I read Bhoese's post. The menu disappears for the remainer of the hole you are on but comes back when the next hole loads. 

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:32 AM

donsprintr:

Green speed dots are way too slow ... the question I have is, don't the engineers know what the correct speed for the rolling dots is? Wasn't that listed on a hard copy, or somewhere in the database? And ..............

What I can't understand is, why all the changes can't be rolled back to where the game was prior to the rough change update. The majority of the problems began occuring after that was rolled out. 

Then, the minor invite probs that were occuring prior to that update could be solved. I say minor because they weren't as widespread as they became later. Then from there, rigourous testing on any new updates before they are released. 

Releasing new updates and making patches and hotfixes to a systemic problem is analogous to plugging the holes in the leaky hull of a ship, when what it really needs is a visit to a drydock ...

Finally a voice of reason. I second this solution, undo all changes to the physics prior to the rough change. Dots are too slow NOW on all 4 courses I tried today.

• hardwick1
    742 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 12:30 PM

WGT, just blow the place up and start over!

You have patches on patches at this point.

You have more problems that I care to list or you will admit to.

Jillian

• bifferskipper
    76 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:12 PM

cleared browser and flash uninstalled flash, reinstalled flash and the dots are not right at all

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:16 PM

I count the speed of the dots and then calculate the break.

Last few days the dots move 2.5 times faster than normal. It can certainly mess up one's "feel".

For me the dots are moving approx 3 times slower than normal.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:38 PM

hey guys

thanks for the feedback. as you can imagine, it's not exactly easy to get it right. I spent few hours on it and they looked good to me..... but you all are saying that they don't... 

so, I will do my best to get them to revisit the topic, so hopefully we can improve on it.

-wgticon

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:50 PM

AllyKennedy:

This may have been mentioned before but i don't visit the forums very often. I'm also having a problem where the putting meter (the moving part) disappears mid-stroke and i can't get it back. I then have to close the browser and then restart wgt to be able to take the putt

This seems to be happening on the 2nd putt (after i've missed the 1st one due to dots being wrong..)

Any ideas?

There was a time when young Alistair didn't miss putts so something must be going wrong :-)

RSS