Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 6:05 AM

Finally tried a couple of holes.  Certainly slower than before the update IMO.  

As said going back to the way they were before they got played with would be great.  I never played enough to say whether I would or world not get a feel for the new speed.

Please settle on one speed that works, ideally what we had, announce no more changes and lets move on :)

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 6:25 AM

So - I have not played for a few days now - are all of you saying that the breaks are greater than what I am seeing with this supposed "dot speed change?"  

I am 3 holes in to a club tournament at Merion and that appears to be the case. 

Thanks, 

Doc

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 7:24 AM

Definitely to slow now.  If the speed setting post update was say 10 and the "new" setting is say 0, then the setting needs to be in the 3-4 range.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 8:04 AM

donsprintr:
    Releasing new updates and making patches and hotfixes to a systemic problem is analogous to plugging the holes in the leaky hull of a ship, when what it really needs is a visit to a drydock ...

AMEN to that! WGT, did you ever hear this adage - "If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!!!".

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 8:23 AM

nice  hotfix  WGT .... whats next ??????

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 8:33 AM

What's the matter with those dots??? So slow that you never aim enough break!

Yesterday we were a few to complain about unfinished alternate shots, I've seen pretty straight putts sliding way left or way right of the hole because the green dots don't show any break (I can count at least 8 for me this morning despite the ding), I had to face many disconnections even playing alone yesterday...

This game is getting worse and worse to play and I can hear around so much frustration, not only mine. WGT was supposed to have all these issues fixed, it seems that every time you guys fix something, you create new issues! Finally, the game is a good game, everybody's fine with this but maybe it's time to make some smart changes regarding the crew behind it. 

Even if we're talking about a game, everybody needs to remember that it's first a business with its rights and duties for the customers TOO. Wether you feel like it or not, we are all customers here before being players and as we are, we all deserve wgt employees best. Right now, we are far to reach the excellence from your crew. If the incompetency becomes obvious (and reading the forum, it is), as in every business, you have to make a move and change what need to be changed.

Now, I'm addressing this to the wgt big boss, if only he cares about his customers and can read an anonymous (that's what I feel I am):

Put your people at work and ask them to put their best in this business as the hundred of thousand customers we are, are putting their heart to make this game a great game. You owe us this, we deserve this! 

It seems that some people in place forget that the greatness of the crowd playing this game makes the greatness of it. Make sure they remember this, make sure they come to work everyday with the idea that everyday, thousand and thousand players are here waiting for them to do their job and bring the PLEASURE, the FUN, the FAIR challenge that we all pay for.

Thank you for considering the idea that the boat is going wrong way and thank you to bring back the game to the point where frustrations were exceptions and not generality. Quit sending your auto replies and show that you consider us more than "a cache", "a browser", "a flash"... Finally, make sure your management is at work, today, tomorrow, and everyday, even if only 1 player logs in.

THANK YOU! 

F.

Sorry, I don't like doing this but when it's too much...

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 9:26 AM

IMHO, this is the latest in a series of moves designed solely to take a great product and flush it down the crapper. I say we all get the pitchforks and torches and storm the WGT bastions demanding our game back ! Give us our game, or give us death ! Who's with me ?!!!

Doc ;)

• niqueclyde
    20 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 9:29 AM

THX WGT Icon for fixing it

• AllyKennedy
    954 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 10:36 AM

This may have been mentioned before but i don't visit the forums very often. I'm also having a problem where the putting meter (the moving part) disappears mid-stroke and i can't get it back. I then have to close the browser and then restart wgt to be able to take the putt

This seems to be happening on the 2nd putt (after i've missed the 1st one due to dots being wrong..)

Any ideas?

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 10:42 AM

niqueclyde:

THX WGT Icon for fixing it

Um...fixing WHAT exactly? Or was that sarcasm?

RSS