Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 7:24 PM

WaLk0fLiFe:

will there be an official announcement somewhere when its actually fixed? I dont plan on playing until it's fixed.

Dude, you're good enough to deal with anything WGT throws at you. Roll with it.   ;-)

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 7:45 PM

WGTicon:
    close/restart the game & clear browser cache for the change to take effect

So if I had not cleared my browser cache I would still see the "proper" green dot movement in chip view?

Oh well..too late for me.  Got to try out my memory.... What was I saying?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 7:53 PM

mkg335:
    all I know to do is to tee it up for a few holes in a practice round each day to see if things are back to some semblance of normal.

^^^^ Yup, no need for NASA to get involved, check it out b4 u start....

Rocket science it ain't !!

Most posting on this thread should be good enough to compensate !!

Andy ( memory is key )

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 8:12 PM

andyson:

The dots do appear slower, compared to earlier, almost slo-motion.  Likely an optical trick from seeing faster dots.

Exactly.

I can confirm the dot movement is back to the old speed. 

I count the speed of the dots and then calculate the break.

Last few days the dots move 2.5 times faster than normal. It can certainly mess up one's "feel".

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 8:59 PM

Green speed dots are way too slow ... the question I have is, don't the engineers know what the correct speed for the rolling dots is? Wasn't that listed on a hard copy, or somewhere in the database? And ..............

What I can't understand is, why all the changes can't be rolled back to where the game was prior to the rough change update. The majority of the problems began occuring after that was rolled out. 

Then, the minor invite probs that were occuring prior to that update could be solved. I say minor because they weren't as widespread as they became later. Then from there, rigourous testing on any new updates before they are released. 

Releasing new updates and making patches and hotfixes to a systemic problem is analogous to plugging the holes in the leaky hull of a ship, when what it really needs is a visit to a drydock ...

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 11:43 PM

Hi

The green speed dots are to slow. No doubt about that!!

Agassi1991

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 11:54 PM

Slower but I prefer how it is now. less aggressive for eyes :p

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 12:02 AM

Do you know all this time I have been looking for GREEN  dots on the greens, but no, they still remained white.

Thinking I haven't  cleared cache properly ,and re-doing the browser cache several times, rebooting my browser.

Jeeez, I can be really really dumb sometimes

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:07 AM

I'm gonna gift you my last green ball the next time we meet ;)

Happy hitting!

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 2:43 AM

I have no idea what is WGT trying with the dots speed. Do not try to fix things when things are not broken. Same for the recent meter ding placement & meter stutter problems...... 

Dots speed is crucial when putting, especially on champ greens, you mess out with the speed, you mess out every single putt! : (

I am open for any experiment to make this game NOT so silly easy, but dot speed is not relevant in my opinion, there are so many other things to do just that.

As Don pointed out, can you WGT simply go back to your data and keep the dots SPEED the way it was before any DOT SPEED update!!??

@ Icon...Instead of using (as you mentioned) so many hours testing the servers to fix the dot speed, couldn't you guys spend that important time trying fixing; alternates, invite, no extra holes in alternates, + several other bugs, etc, etc etc.

Eric

RSS