Forums

Help › Forums

*** More Realistic Rough Conditions ***

Mon, May 18 2015 5:11 AM (306 replies)
  • ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 10:26 PM

You're right.. hadn't played any til now but it's really noticeable.. lol..

I would say that it puts a premium on hitting greens now.. but it's been harder than ever for me to do that the last week or 2.

Harder for me to hit the ding for some reason.. and more extreme deviation on my ding misses.. it's like my clubs don't have any forgiveness now.. none.

It'd make me feel a lot better if I knew everyone was experiencing the same thing.. but I won't hold my breath.  I'm used to going through slumps but this feels different to me.. like maybe it's a change in the programming.

Let the flogging commence..

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 10:26 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Your time would have been better spent making bunker play more realistic, because at the moment it is a million miles away from real life golf.

Agreed!!!!

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 10:31 PM

Seems a bit silly to me how easy it comes out of 50-60% light brush.  I'm playing it the same as I would have played before out of 30-40% rough.

replay.aspx?ID=cd7d18fd 39a8 43c5 8506 a42f0066cfaf

And now on a short shot I can flop out of it.

replay.aspx?ID=8128e4ad 161e 4074 968b a42f0062b4ea

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 10:43 PM

ISH47:

You're right.. hadn't played any til now but it's really noticeable.. lol..

I would say that it puts a premium on hitting greens now.. but it's been harder than ever for me to do that the last week or 2.

Harder for me to hit the ding for some reason.. and more extreme deviation on my ding misses.. it's like my clubs don't have any forgiveness now.. none.

It'd make me feel a lot better if I knew everyone was experiencing the same thing.. but I won't hold my breath.  I'm used to going through slumps but this feels different to me.. like maybe it's a change in the programming.

Let the flogging commence..

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/275019/1976260.aspx#1976260

Well, that's what many TLs have also said not to long ago...

but then other members say it's 'tin foil conspiracy'.. but who do you believe - someone who isn't in the upper tier or those well known, respected TLs who have over 20 HIOs under their belts?

IMO long story short -  something has changed (about a month or two ago), if you like or not is your decision. Hey, maybe things will change in the future. The livegamer credits on my end have been reduced to approx. 20% of what I used to get. FWIW

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 10:45 PM

It cannot be a bad feature, even for those one which will decide to had a new account and you now what I am talking about. Sometimes WGT is a damn mystery, no real exchange of views with its customers. Would be fine had something more tangible like new avatar, real update for CC, new clubs, new links. 

One single update for month and it seems you had change earth's rotation but there still remain some little bugs that require 10 minutes to be solve, this one it's only a graphic issue, very little one but who cares, right. Indeed we have new rough options for help new players.

Laudable effort but what is the purpose. Have players who become Legend or Tour Legend in less than five months and know that in addition to the TL you have not been able to create a new tier. Started here with no helping hands, only stress and money.

Appreciate commitment, as usual.

David.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 10:49 PM

Changes have been made in the past to gameplay characteristics (like putting),  The top guns get to grips with it within days, the rest of us mortals may take a week or 2. So the changes to "more realistic" rough conditions will be adapted to.

I do wish though that,  input from the forum was listened to more than an e-mail or two from a newbie.

Let's face it,  the majority of the players who use the forum are the ones WGT are hoping for feedback from.regarding these new rough conditions.

Yet the forum cries for  CC directors options,  CC bank , Alt shot and MP bugs to be sorted are continuing to fall on deaf ears.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 10:56 PM

JFidanza:
    The livegamer credits on my end have been reduced to approx. 20% of what I used to get.

Same here.. supersonic ads has been keeping me flush though, I just keep reloading the page when the ads reset every day about 6 CST and I can get 100-150 credits before they shut me down.

BTW, I'm no TL but like you I've played this game long enough to know when something ain't right..  and F those guys that say any different.  :)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 11:16 PM

Not tested 60 / 70% brush etc yer and no rush to.  If that is easier then you have made a mistake.  A few kids who can't work out that brush is a hazard, and take it on the chin should not have been listened to in these Emails you get.

The usual up to 40 / 50 rough around the greens I am cautiously optimistic. Stiffing everything from up to 40/50 from any range inside 70 yards or more was never particularly realistic say the least.  

Not tried it enough to agree whether it's realistic enough entirely but early signs are a good job. I would be fine if you also rolled  back ball spin attributes with irons, and also 3 woods too in all honesty.

Negatives are that the person playing with this should show a few of their favourite shots.  IMO just saying it's changed is not very good.

CC upgrades etc were and remain way more important too - just a harsh fact.

EDIT: Obviously if this change to rough play around the greens turns out to be a prelude for higher spin more expensive wedges to get back to near square 1, well,  goes without saying that will go down like a bag of wet sick:)  

And for the love of god don't bring them in at L100 if you do - we won't have any genuine players left to make CC upgrades worth bothering with.

EDIT 2: The immediate downside to all this of course is that the cheat gets in the rough less.  Maybe those new wedges, at a sensible level, will have a special discount to those trading in their faster meter set..............

The other issue thinking it through is of course cheats don't miss greens with their iron play.  See how it plays out but without at least toning down the spin on balls (3 irons sticking like velcro darts) this is putting the cart before the horse for any credit based comp.  

I think cheats will be clapping this one. 

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 11:30 PM

Jimbog1964:
     And for the love of god don't bring them in at L100 if you do - we won't have any genuine players left to make CC upgrades worth bothering with.

That's a fact.

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 11:56 PM

WGTicon:

Hi Everyone,

In an effort to continue to make WGT a realistic golf experience, we’ve made some changes to how balls perform when they’re hit from different lies in the rough.

Our main goal was to make it a bit easier for new players to get out of very deep rough, brush or weeds, where lies of 30-50%+ depth were sometimes very difficult to escape. This will impact mostly new players, but also experienced players who occasionally find themselves in deep rough. Like in real golf, it’s now easier and more realistic to get out of that deep rough, especially with a higher-lofted club.

We also wanted to make hitting out of any rough perform more like it does in real golf, so we’ve reduced the amount of backspin and accuracy that can be generated from any type of rough, and the deeper the rough the more impact it has. This change will make it a little harder for players to be as accurate from the rough, placing more emphasis on accuracy of drives and approach shots, and overall course strategy.

Note, there have been no changes to how balls perform on tees, fairways or greens.

We’ve been testing these new rough conditions for weeks, and are eager to hear from WGT players about how they perform on every course and every hole in the game, so please check it out and comment here.

-WGT

well thats just peachy...how about you make the clubs we pay for stop performing all the w t f shots...maybe give us a meter that is fair .....maybe even try making it an even playing field ..instead of all these ways to accumulate more money ...people would play way more if the game was honest for all..

RSS