Forums

Help › Forums

*** More Realistic Rough Conditions ***

Mon, May 18 2015 5:11 AM (306 replies)
  • MIBCTGOLF
    165 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 5:06 AM

100 % waste of time ,,100 things in this game that need work and thats what yall did ???

( Your time would have been better spent making bunker play more realistic, because at the moment it is a million miles away from real life golf.)

NOW that is something that really needs worked on , because bunker play in this game SUCKS and is NO WHERE near realistic

Shot shaping ( draw / fade) has been asked for and needed since the game started, this is the only golf game ive ever played that didn't have it !!!!!

Honestly if this game had ( Links 2003 ) game play with WGT graphics then you would have something good

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 6:07 AM

tigerfan1506:

Changing things not needed to be fixed, not fixing things (alt and mp invite and loss of connection issues) needing to be fixed.....seriously, who is in charge here? Anyone at ALL?

^ Ditto    Why do you keep breaking the game & refuse to fix anything!@!!!!!!!!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 6:13 AM

Thanks for re-kindling my interest, WGT.

Rough to the right of the pin @ St Andrews #17 (next to path) is 40/50% if I rem' correctly - was 7 yards from pin with elevation drop to contend with.

Hit my usual, Clevey 7 yard chip, and the ball flew out 19 yards... was in the air for about 12 of those.

^^^ That was yesterday. Soz, no replay of it.

Far as the new carpet 'speeds' go  - think you may need a 600ft putting scale for those Ultra Sloooooooo greens!

I'm open to offers.

:)

• TopShelf2010
    10,882 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 6:16 AM

• PRIESTESS
    10,706 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:06 AM

Totally agree with the rough updates! It is far to easy to pitch a full bs near the pin and stop it .Rough around greens is WGT's only defense along with bunkers for green misses. it should be tricky to make par or not as easy. I would make it even trickier if a green is missed. We have such easy clubs and slower meter's. Yes make it tricky for a player to make par if a green is missed!  Thumbs up even though i was constantly getting beamed up! On a side note. i switched to Comodo ice Dragon and that solved all the option issues under setting and stopped the Avatar jumping anywhere and any size after a putt.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:16 AM

WigerToods2010:

Thanks for re-kindling my interest, WGT.

Rough to the right of the pin @ St Andrews #17 (next to path) is 40/50% if I rem' correctly - was 7 yards from pin with elevation drop to contend with.

Hit my usual, Clevey 7 yard chip, and the ball flew out 19 yards... was in the air for about 12 of those.

That's not what you said at the time!! LMAO.

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:38 AM

One of the worst changes I've seen from wgt. Totally unpredictable on pitches & punches. Why did we pay for wedges with gr8 spin when you take away all the spin. These shots NOW are in no way realistic. These shots run out forever & there is no telling where they are going to stop. Why don't you try fixing something for ONCE, instead of PI$$ING your customers off.

Hey, you asked for opinions, this is the mildest way I can put it. So vem away as usual.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 9:27 AM

Now the new barrage of e-mails is going to be complaining about long putts. Wonder what WGT's fix is going to be for that to appease those new players.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 9:56 AM

WillyBigg:

One of the worst changes I've seen from wgt. Totally unpredictable on pitches & punches. Why did we pay for wedges with gr8 spin when you take away all the spin. These shots NOW are in no way realistic. These shots run out forever & there is no telling where they are going to stop. Why don't you try fixing something for ONCE, instead of PI$ING your customers off.

New wedges comin soon ?

Farcical.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:16 AM

Mushy01:
    New wedges comin soon ?

They have more front than a double decker bus, lol, so who  knows.  Matye they fell out with cleve and some one elses wedges will come to the rescue at an extortionate price for sure.

I have not had time to test it all out properly, but I am asking if this is the final nail in my RG coffin.  

Even if  works realistically it has to be the same for all. and if someone has a "digitally assisted ding" it's not..............can't get away from the fact confidence levels are already low there anyway putting it politely.............In all honesty I am wondering if v shortly cheats will be the only ones thanking WGT for this in anything credit based,

RSS