Forums

Help › Forums

*** More Realistic Rough Conditions ***

Mon, May 18 2015 5:11 AM (306 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:48 PM

How about adding the "unplayable lie" option (like they have in real golf)?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:56 PM

WGTicon:

Hi Everyone,

In an effort to continue to make WGT a realistic golf experience, we’ve made some changes to how balls perform when they’re hit from different lies in the rough.

Our main goal was to make it a bit easier for new players to get out of very deep rough, brush or weeds, where lies of 30-50%+ depth were sometimes very difficult to escape. This will impact mostly new players, but also experienced players who occasionally find themselves in deep rough. Like in real golf, it’s now easier and more realistic to get out of that deep rough, especially with a higher-lofted club.

We also wanted to make hitting out of any rough perform more like it does in real golf, so we’ve reduced the amount of backspin and accuracy that can be generated from any type of rough, and the deeper the rough the more impact it has. This change will make it a little harder for players to be as accurate from the rough, placing more emphasis on accuracy of drives and approach shots, and overall course strategy.

Note, there have been no changes to how balls perform on tees, fairways or greens.

We’ve been testing these new rough conditions for weeks, and are eager to hear from WGT players about how they perform on every course and every hole in the game, so please check it out and comment here.

-WGT

I just can't stop laugh at the absurdity of all of that. Do you actually read what you type before posting? 

As realistic as possible..... Make it easier for new players.  

Good lord man, really? You don't see it? 

If this game is aiming for realism, why then is your ball striking profile completely counter to actual ball physics and mechanics? Hitting a ball highe,r IE lofting it, does not impart spin, in fact it has the opposite effect in so much as it floats the ball more unless completely overpowered and even then, nothing remotely like the results this game has. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 6:16 PM

DaddysKat:

How about adding the "unplayable lie" option (like they have in real golf)?

Oy, Kat. You don't want to see how they handle those! SA 18 along the fence on the right-Unplayable Lie gets you another chance to hit back on the tee!  :-D

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 6:41 PM

Changing things not needed to be fixed, not fixing things (alt and mp invite and loss of connection issues) needing to be fixed.....seriously, who is in charge here? Anyone at ALL?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 6:59 PM

tigerfan1506:
    seriously, who is in charge here?

I think Raymond is ...

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 7:01 PM

YankeeJim:
    Oy, Kat. You don't want to see how they handle those! SA 18 along the fence on the right-Unplayable Lie gets you another chance to hit back on the tee!  :-D

Yeah ... I could imagine.  

They are pushing "more like real golf" here, YJ ... and an unplayable lie is a part of "real golf".

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 8:11 PM

Could anyone at Wgt give a reason why these so called upgrades are being implemented while so many issues with ALT and MP games, i.e. invites and game problems are not being fixed or even talked about?

Thank you, i will hang up and listen for my answer.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:27 PM

SamanthaWho:

WGTdbloshoe:

DAputts:
    So we spend hours and several sleeves of balls working on Flops, Pitches and Punch shots t be able to get up and down only to have that practice rendered useless by " reducing the accuracy "  Sweet....Thank you so much.  My comment ..."   THAT SUCKS "

My understanding is this will effect the real deep stuff, the places where players couldn't get out of or had to punch out of backwards.  Icon can correct me but don't think this will effect the usual rough you would find around the greens.

- WGTdbloshoe

Icon said you (WGT) have been testing these for weeks, yet you have NO idea what is going on? Who is not telling the story?

I was one of the primary tester of this, so feel free to ask me any questions.

I would recommend you try and see how it goes before passing judgement. We'd love to hear your feedback after.

-wgticon

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:47 PM

WGTicon:
    I was one of the primary tester of this, so feel free to ask me any questions.

WGTdbloshoe:
    My understanding is this will effect the real deep stuff, the places where players couldn't get out of or had to punch out of backwards.  Icon can correct me but don't think this will effect the usual rough you would find around the greens.

My only question is whether Shoe was correct with his statement.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:51 PM

Shoe was not correct. 40/50 is definitely playing differently, and is found around a lot of the greens. The ball seems to be coming out more easily, but with less spin.

RSS