Forums

Help › Forums

*** More Realistic Rough Conditions ***

Mon, May 18 2015 5:11 AM (306 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:55 PM

DAputts:
    So we spend hours and several sleeves of balls working on Flops, Pitches and Punch shots t be able to get up and down only to have that practice rendered useless by " reducing the accuracy "  Sweet....Thank you so much.  My comment ..."   THAT SUCKS "

My understanding is this will effect the real deep stuff, the places where players couldn't get out of or had to punch out of backwards.  Icon can correct me but don't think this will effect the usual rough you would find around the greens.

- WGTdbloshoe

• lefty84
    28 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:57 PM

didn't notice much of a difference?

• DAputts
    1,791 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:02 PM

Thank you...

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:02 PM

Well.....That won't be too bad then!!!

WGTdbloshoe:

DAputts:
    So we spend hours and several sleeves of balls working on Flops, Pitches and Punch shots t be able to get up and down only to have that practice rendered useless by " reducing the accuracy "  Sweet....Thank you so much.  My comment ..."   THAT SUCKS "

My understanding is this will effect the real deep stuff, the places where players couldn't get out of or had to punch out of backwards.  Icon can correct me but don't think this will effect the usual rough you would find around the greens.

- WGTdbloshoe

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:04 PM

WGTicon:

In an effort to continue to make WGT a realistic golf experience, we’ve made some changes to how balls perform when they’re hit from different lies in the rough.

This game is in a state of flux and will continue to change.  I remember when they changed the number of avatar movements.  Everyone said change it back or lot of players will quit.

That didn't happen.  Most players stayed.  So everyone can belly ache about the changes, but in reality it is up to the player to decide to stay and adapt to the new changes or quit.  If the player quits good.  New players join everyday, and a new player is going to spend more because they lose balls and have to upgrade equipment.  Older players have the equipment and mostly spend on replacing balls.

Past experience has shown that complaining in the forum (which most players don't use) has no effect on WGT.

There are so many places to improve upon to make this game even more realistic and they will happen, and all players will have to adjust.

So, stop whining and roll with the changes, they are here for good.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:19 PM

DAputts:
    explosion shot from the trap

Absolutely. Mentioned this long ago and it never got traction. A blast shot. Open the club face, aim left, hit hard ... should work like a flop shot but with no spin it will roll out. Then make it harder to hit other shots out of the sand. Picking the ball should be possible but only if you hit it really cleanly - ding basically or it is flubbed.

• AlaskanDame
    19,003 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:24 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

- WGTdbloshoe

Not sure your info is accurate, shoe.  I was on Merion (is it #1 or #10 that's about 280 yards with the tee in a copse?  -- that one anyway)  at 37 yards out from the far pin, which was 6 feet up, and in 40/50 rough --- which I would call "around the green" for that hole.  I took out the 50-yard wedge, expecting it to be pretty darn close (minus 20% = 40 and counting on the "up" for a few less yards).  THE BALL WENT 52 on the fly !!

Not good.

I echo the "sucks" remarks above.   Have spent lots of time/money learning wedge shots --- all for naught now.  You'll not get another penny from me.   But, yeah, you might get money from new players who don't realize they actually should need some skill and experience to play this game.

Sheesh!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:24 PM

IRISHPUNK:
    Wow... who was advocating for these changes?

It has to be all the newbies e-mailing WGT whining about how hard the game is to play from the rough.

We've all saw the occasional newbie asking how to hit from the rough in the forums as well.

I imagine WGT gets thousands of e-mails from these new players wanting an easier product to play or they threaten to not spend money.

There's strength in numbers.

• AlaskanDame
    19,003 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:26 PM

Richard4168:

We've all saw the occasional newbie asking how to hit from the rough in the forums as well.

We've spent lots of time explaining percentages and effects on balls shot from rough --- to benefit the new members of our CC.   Now we "veterans" have no advice to give any more as it's all become so unpredictable.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:29 PM

Not sure what happened with this update:) Like Lisa03 i cant see any game options in settings apart from hide or show wgt lessons. Flash is lagging so bad my cursor sticks to the flag when i move it then freezes and when i putt the Avatar can jump anywhere! :)

RSS