Forums

Help › Forums

championship round...BPB

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 24 2009 10:21 PM (70 replies)
  • ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:16 AM

I wasn't going for the pin..lol. Tried aiming left..had about 10 mph wind toward hole and ball just carried that way and hit end of first trap and went in. Bad break.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:27 AM

Yep... posted a 70, it's not going to stick though!

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/2350/13206.aspx#13206

• DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:44 AM

I tried my best, but could only muster a 73. I am happy with the outcome, I enjoyed this virtual US Open and can't wait for next year. Great job to everyone who participated!

• ERDarkMan
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:01 AM

Yeah I seen that round very very nice... dunno it might stick ...  Bethpage is tough...

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:03 AM

im almost afraid to start this thing seein the scores up there. Watch me embarrass myself and shoot an 85 or something. Im gonna play a bit later tonight, hopefully when traffic is less and after ive rebooted and closed every possible thing on my comp.

I just hope i get some tailwind on 10

• jazzfix
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 11:37 AM

This was interesting.  The nerves were definitely getting to me during the championship round.  I was happy with my 71 and am interested to see how low things will go. 

I will say that this game is about milliseconds - when it comes to hitting good shots.  Add nerves to that and it doesn't take much to screw up a round.

Good luck everyone...

JF

• Keith35
    20 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:16 PM

I just threw up a 70 to tie AvatarLee.  Damn, I missed a few makeable putts too.  I'm betting Mr. Tibbets sticks a 66 on us.

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:26 PM

Congrats to the early leaders in the house, and to all of the rest of you who made the field.  Dont feel like i should be in the dance, but I will do my best to not be too much of an embarassment to my parents...lol.

Just a note to be fair.  Don't give out too much info for those of us still getting to the tee.  I need a lot of help, but im hoping that the course will give me what I need (no not a good ass kickin', like my dad would say).

have fun guys and gals and lets see how the chips fall.

Rich

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:24 PM

Ok all,

So my parents are offically embarassed by my newly posted Open score (an 82 incase you are tracking my progress, which I need a lot of).  But at least they are not as embarassed as they were by my 10th grade report card or a few other issues that I will not mention at this time.

it was fun, I'm glad that is behind me, and I look forward to all of the improvements forthcoming from the wonderful folks that brought us WGT.  I'm not ready to quit yet (but perhaps I should be...lol).  See you all on the links if you even need your ego lifted.

Later,

Rich

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:43 PM

my meter completely froze on my second shot on 1, hookin me so bad left i couldnt even get it up and down. Am I supposed to just waste the rest of my time finishing this nonsense now? If I end up shooting 70, then what? Im seriously pretty pissed right now. This is why this was a horrible idea. I didnt even have bad wind either, 6 mph. I was thinkin I got lucky. yea, took care of that right quick, though.

RSS