Forums

Help › Forums

championship round...BPB

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 24 2009 10:21 PM (70 replies)
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:05 AM

i see no-one wants to set a score...lmao...cmon guys and girls give us somethin to aim at! unless WGT are hiding it.

hope i dont choke...i`ll be happy with a 75 ha :/

its only been four hours since it began, so i guess i`ll wait a while...good luck all!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:59 AM

One 77 and one 76 in so far.

Heavy winds and fast greens, should be brutal.   I don't think we've ever seen the fast green setting before.

Another thing to notice is that the Leaderboard has R1 as a column header.  Hopefully this signifies multi-round tournaments in the near future. :)

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 2:30 AM

fast greens...o dear! better get practicing....:/

wld be more realistic with four rounds and another cut....oh the brutality!

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 5:59 AM

Well I made the cut so lets see how this fairs. Little nervous

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 6:16 AM

feel the pressure tough...feel the pressure...ha gd luck mate!

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 6:55 AM

Well I just finished and it wasn't pretty....78. I actually hit the ball pretty well and had some shots. The rough got me on 2 holes..15 and 18. The rough and sand on 18 wasn't giving anything and the ball wouldn't come out. I was hoping 75 or lower. I couldn't get the putts for birdie to drop. Alot of fun though. I'm happy I made the cut and at least competed.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 7:11 AM

well done bud...hope i can get under 80...what was the heaviest wind u experienced?

how much faster were the greens?

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 7:22 AM

I actually didn't have too bad of winds...a few holes had some crosswinds of 10 or 11 mph. The greens were pretty close to the same for me. Maybe it was my positioning. In fact some seemed a little more conssitent. I think I got lucky and was below the hole many times where I just had some uphill putts. I thought the winds and greens on the Ocean Course have been harder. 15 tees looked moved up a bit while 16 was longer. Just watch the rough and bunkers around the greens...they are not forgiving. 18 killed me and I doubled it because my approach went in the trap. I hit extra yardage and hit dead on and they never cleared. It was strange.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 7:50 AM

thanx for the info....i was expectin 21mph winds...i wont be goin for the pin on 18 ha! cheers mate!

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:16 AM

Oh Avatar Lee at 70...Tibbets?   I'm waiting & practicing.   Want to see all the heavy hitters scores cmon!

RSS