Forums

Help › Forums

WGA TOUR SEASON 2011

Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:01 PM (2,740 replies)
  • Fortesque99
    920 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 2:21 PM

Had an interesting rd 3...

Started with Simo as Vic wasn't around and it was getting late (well, for me anyway)... Was able to par the first 3 when Vic arrived.

After 25 minutes with Vic, we hadn't managed to finish hole #1 as he was having HUGE connection issues and as such told me to get a marker. So, re-started with GoHardGoHome. When he got disconnected on 10, i wondered if i was ever gonna get it done... lol

Overall ended with a slightly disappointing -3 (67). Cheers to all involved again, and it was great to meet so many good players and great people !!

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 3:40 PM

Hi Vic,Here is my round with Villa.Villa wasn't there at all, his meter wasn't great and his heart wasn't in the game at all, But he encouraged me all the way,I so needed this final round because my last couple have been careless,

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 3:58 PM

Another wonderful round by a rather worthy Champion. The standard and consistency of play by Priestess was nothing short of sensational throughout the whole of the Tour.

Thanks to Vic, Lou, Chuckiee and Mr. Diamond and anyone else to help run the tour. All of the sponsors, a huge thanks for all of your generosity. All of the players involved, thank you for all of the fun rounds and banter on and off the course.

I really look forward to any upcoming Tour's and everyone in this tour that I didn't get to play with, maybe next time I'll get to have a bash around the course with you.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:00 PM

It's appropriate that the Tour Champion posted her round right at the end of the tournament and really kicked *ss ! lol ! :-)

Congrats Tess on yet another clutch finish to a big tourney, you're truly a Champion and it's been a pleasure watching you played as well as you did this season and finish as the Top Woman again, just absolutely awesome Tess !!

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:07 PM

Thank You so Much Vic,:) Its been a real tough time for me because i have been decorating my home from top to bottom and it always seems a good idea before you start these things,I have finally  after 4 weeks seen it blossom like i wanted but it took so much from me with work as well,I have no idea how i carded that 58 i just tried like as if it was a Ryder cup game,The Tour again has been incredible and a huge success ,And a Huge Congratulations for you Vic and lou for all the hard work so we the players can take for granted the smooth running of this comp,Congratulations to all final 20 players,

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:12 PM

I could tell that Amanda´s round round was incredible. Made puts and made two pitchs in holes 8 and 9. Is a pleasure to see a player like her.

I cant ell nothing good about my round, was a worst round in this tour, but some days arent goods. Meter dont help me, but i missed more than my meter ;)

My last words go to Vic , thanks a lot for your complany and work and thanks to other assistant Chuckie and Neil, (Lou is a commisioner???, you can do that ;)) for your help to us and made to much easy our game here.

Would be a pleasur can play another tour with you and very good players that i can see in this season. Thanks to all and better luck in next edition , see you

Villa

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:23 PM

Congratulations to Priestess! I have the privilege of playing with her on a daily basis and she never ceases to amaze.  A worthy Champion and great friend!

Special thanks to Vic & Lou for organizing this Tour and to all the sponsors, Simply put. its the best run Tourney on WGT.

• KnuckleWoods
    2,482 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:52 PM

Good Round  to Amanda  and  OVERALL CHAMPION   also .  This tournament is LOADED  with many of THE BEST on WGT  & to play week after week to stay in front of everybody is very challenging .  Also a BIG Thank you to COOLSWING  and to EVERONE that donated prizes for the tournaments   Another GREAT SUCCESSFUL  TOURNAMENT !

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 2:34 AM

Here's the scorecard for my round playing with cappiest and Simo yesterday -

Thanks to Simo who helped me out with 3 holes before I went to play with cappiest.

It was a real trying round for me on the front 9 as the meter was terrible and we had to restart the round for the back 9 as i had problem with slow loading as well ! 

Cappiest on the other hand played a great round especially on the front 9 which included an eagle on the 2nd hole and a good run of birdies.  He scrambled well on the back 9 and was unlucky to missed a few more birdies otherwise it'd have been a real low round.  Thanks for the round cappiest and well played mate, hope to see you again on next the Tour.

I had hope to put in a good round to give Tess some thing to shoot for but my game was lost on the front 9 and even though i made a good run on the back 9 I just didn't finished things off well in the end anyway !  Oh well i'm happy with the way i played this season and improved on my result a lot compared to the previous year so I hope to give it a good run for the big title next season !

It's been a great tournament and congrats to all the players in the tournament for their good performance this season. I'll write my farewell speech a little later so that's all for now !

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:06 AM

FINAL STATISTICS FOR THE 2010/2011 WGA SEASON

Well ladies and gentlemen .. it's all over .. Congrats to Priestess for her win in the Tour Championship.   She beat out many deserving players.

As you may know I am a stat's junkie ... so I compiled some things I thought you might be interested in seeing.    This is all for the Stroke Play Rounds only.   

Course Statistics.    As you can see we had 147 players complete 1,969 rounds (1,686 rounds of 9 holes and 283 rounds of 18 holes) ... at an avg of 3 hole rounds per ball that's 750 balls used for the tour.   Bethpage seemed to provide the lowest scoring rounds - probably because it's been around the longest ... and was a par 70.    One thing I noted is that we had more round 1's played then round 2's .... do I hear the word Quitter's ???  (kidding).   More below.

Individual stats are great to look at.   Congrats to Columbiacgt, Fortesque99, kam4122, Simovoice and Priestess for playing every stroke play tournament ... making the cut .. and finishing every single round.   No wonder Tess won ... she had the lowest average rounds for both 9 hole and 18 hole rounds.  But there were a lot of guys chasing her .. (that didn't sound right).   Gordie led the league in Eagles with 6 and Mrenn and Fortesque in birdies on par 3's with 25.   We had 9 players with 100% of their rounds under par (min 10 rounds) ... and a number of others who missed by just one round.

And Finally --- my favorite category ... scoring by course.   The field shot under par on every single course ... regardless of the ridiculous conditions Coolswing set up :).   Scores were lowest on Bethpage .. and Oakmont just edged out Kia for the Highest overall scores.  

That's it boys and girls .... I hope everyone enjoyed the season ... hopefully we can talk Vic into putting this together again next fall.      

RSS