Forums

Help › Forums

WGA TOUR SEASON 2011

Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:01 PM (2,740 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:01 AM

***  THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOT SPONSORED BY WGT

THE NEW WGA TOUR - SEASON 2011 is a season of weekly tournaments of stroke play and match play for players in the Legend, Tour Masters and Masters Tier only. You'll earn points for finishing in the top 20 of a tournament, and the points you earn place you in a race for the WGA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP at the end of the season where the top 20 players will play for the WGA CUP title.  In this new season there are more emphasis on match play format to add variety to the Tour and create a real challenge to any top players to master both forms of the game !

Also for the very first time, this new season of the Tour will offer a huge pool of Prizes in the form of cash (credits) and equipments (clubs or balls).  There are many Prize categories on offer so everyone has a chance at winning a prize during a tournament, so remember you got to be in it to win it !

Tournaments are made up of 3 types:

• WGA Tournament -  3 rounds of 9-hole Stroke Play with cut made after 2 rounds
    • World Golf Championship Matchplay Tournament -  (limited to the top 32 players in the WGA Ranking Points Table from the previous 2 tournaments)
    • Major Tournament -  2 rounds of 9-hole & a round of 18-Hole Stroke Play with cut made after 2 rounds

The WGA Points system are different for each type of tournament with the Major tournaments having the most points allocated.

There are 2 PLAYOFF tournaments at the end of season where the points awarded are 3 times the regular tournaments.

The WGA Points are reset after the PLAYOFF tournaments for the top 20 players who will play in the WGA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP for the WGA CUP title.

Click here to review the new  WGA POINTS SYSTEM

WGA TOUR POINTS STANDING -  FINAL

Here is the Top 20 players in the Standing at the conclusion of the Playoffs -

Click here to view the Final  WGA POINTS STANDING

WGA TOUR SEASON 2011 SCHEDULES

• This Week:         THE WGA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP
    • Next Week:         **  END OF SEASON  **

Click here to view the full  SCHEDULES CALENDAR

WGA TOUR HALL OF CHAMPIONS

The WGA TOUR News & Update are posted every Monday during the season to provide the latest information on the tour for all the players.

WGA TOUR REGISTRATION

Players are required to register to join the WGA TOUR at the start of the season to be eligible to play in any of the tournaments.  There is no need to sign up again when you want to play. 

Click here to REGISTER for the WGA TOUR

Click on this link to see the List of Registered Players

SPONSORS

• Coolswing  -  30,000 cr
    • Priestess -  All winning Prizes (16,400 cr)
    • Chuckiee  -  10,000 cr
    • Zant  -  5,000 cr
    • lvietri  -  10 sleeves of vapor balls
    • rainman692  -  2,000 cr
    • jimbean346  -  2,000 cr
    • aussieguyadam  -  1,000 cr
    • neildiamond11790  -  2,000 cr
    • GoHardGoHome  -  1,000 cr
    • Fortesque99  -  1,000 cr
    • Kam4122  -  Prizes Won (3,150 cr)
    • Daskino  -  1,650 cr
    • Mike3226  -  1,250 cr
    • Antuniccu  -  2,000 cr

LIST OF PAST TOURNAMENTS PRIZE WINNERS

Click  HERE  to view, Past Tournaments Results also available.

TOUR COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE

• Lvietri  (Lou) -   Commissioner
    • Chuckiee -   Assistant
    • neildiamond11790 -   Assistant

TOUR's STATISTICS -  STROKE PLAY TOURNAMENT  

COURSE STATS

As you can see we had 147 players complete 1,969 rounds (1,686 rounds of 9 holes and 283 rounds of 18 holes) ... at an avg of 3 hole rounds per ball that's 750 balls used for the tour.   Bethpage seemed to provide the lowest scoring rounds - probably because it's been around the longest ... and was a par 70.    One thing I noted is that we had more round 1's played then round 2's .... do I hear the word Quitter's ???  (kidding).   More below.

INDIVIDUAL STATS

Individual stats are great to look at.   Congrats to Columbiacgt, Fortesque99, kam4122, Simovoice and Priestess for playing every stroke play tournament ... making the cut .. and finishing every single round.   No wonder Tess won ... she had the lowest average rounds for both 9 hole and 18 hole rounds.  But there were a lot of guys chasing her .. (that didn't sound right).   Gordie led the league in Eagles with 6 and Mrenn and Fortesque in birdies on par 3's with 25.   We had 9 players with 100% of their rounds under par (min 10 rounds) ... and a number of others who missed by just one round.

SCORING BY COURSE

The field shot under par on every single course ... regardless of the ridiculous conditions Coolswing set up :).   Scores were lowest on Bethpage .. and Oakmont just edged out Kia for the Highest overall scores.  

********************************

Tuesday 15th of March

FINAL RESULT -   It was fitting that a player from the very last group to play the final round in the penultimate tournament of the season posted a fantastic round that enable her to rocketed up the leaderboard and win the tournament as well as the overall title for the season !  Congrats to PRIESTESS for another superlative win and season and she left absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind who is the Queen of the Tour !  She's had quite an amazing season where she won three major titles and just missed out on recording a Grand Slam by a whisker and then completed the season by winning The WGA Tour Championship and taking out The WGA Cup title for this season, her 2nd win in as many attempt ! Very well done Tess, you're truly a Champion and we thanks you for the generous sponsorship and look forward to seeing you defending your title next season !

Congrats also to KyRock75 for an outstanding result as he had a tight grip on the title all through the tournament and only gave it up at the very end !  It was of some consolation that he came home in 4th place for the overall title, an awesome performance considering he only played in the 2nd half of this season !

Other good performances worth mentioning came from columbiacgt and Kurtsbuford for finishing in equal 3rd in a very high quality field, well played guys !     

• Champion -                       PRIESTESS
    • Runner Up -                       KyRock75
    • Equal 3rd -                         columbiacgt
    •                                              Kurtsbuford

Here's the complete final result of the tournament - 

PRIZE WINNERS -  To be announced very shortly !

It's been a very exciting week of fantastic competition and I'd like to congrats all the players in the field for their excellent season in making the Top 20 position.  Also thanks to all of you for your competitive spirit and high quality play this week as you all played your heart out and created so much excitement not only for the players involved but also for those who were just following the tournament !  I for one was pumped up the entire week and was actually very nervous at the start of my final round !

Finally I'd like to once again thanks all the sponsors for your great support through out this season and I hope you'll all help us out again next season ! lol !

WGA CUP RESULT

Congratulations to PRIESTESS & mrenn29 for their excellent season ! You're both great Champions and thanks for providing us with a fantastic display of consistent high quality golf and clutch finishing under pressure !

The WGA Cup final ranking for the Top 20 players are as follow - 

Saturday 19th of March

PRIZES

• Champion -                        PRIESTESS    4,000 cr  -   coolswing
    • Runner-Up -                       KyRock75  (9 slvs of Callaway ball) -  coolswing
    • Equal 3rd -                         columbiacgt  (6 slvs Callaway ball) - coolswing
    •                                              Kurtsbuford  (6 slvs Callaway Ball) - coolswing
    • 5th Place -                          mrenn29  (3 slvs of Callaway ball) -   coolswing
    • Round Best Score -  R1   BigKnight  (2 slvs of Callaway ball) -   coolswing
    •                                       R2   Fortesque99 (1 slv of Callaway Ball) - coolswing
    •                                               villadeoro  (1 slv of Callaway Ball) -  coolswing
    •                                       R3   No Clear Winner
    • Most Eagles -                     No Clear Winner
    • Most Birdies on par 3s -  Fortesque99 (2 slvs Callaway ball) - coolswing

Congrats to all the Winners, very well done and enjoy your prizes !  A final thanks to all the sponsors for your generosity and support this season, we look forward to seeing you again next season !

Saturday 19th of March

Dear Everyone,

That bring this season of the WGA Tour to an end and I'd like to take this last opportunity to say Thanks to many people.

First on my list is my big Bro and partner Lou, a big Thanks to you Bro for all the hard work you've put in this season.  Lou's really out done himself the way he took on so much of the week to week's work to help me out and he's always there to support me when ever my hectic life doesn't allow me the time to be here.  Not only that but I'm also mighty impressed with the quality of every bit of work that he put his hands on, a good example is Lou's recent post of the Tour's stats, that was just a brilliant piece of work and it shows how much time and effort he's put in to help me keep the Tour running so smoothly !  You da man Lou ! 

Also I'd like to Thanks the other staffs involved in running the Tour, Chuckiee, neildiamond11790 (who's mysteriously dissapeared near the end of the Tour!) and also Kurt for helping out from time to time.  There's a number of players who I'd like to Thanks for the role they'd played by helping out other players on Tour on numerous occasion and I won't name them all here but I'm pretty sure you all know who they are !

Next I'd like to Thanks all the sponsors for their support and generosity and in particular Chuckiee, Zant and PRIESTESS who donated all of her winnings this season.  I hope everyone got to enjoy and had fun with the prizes that we'd put up and we couldn't have done it without the sponsors so a big hand of applause for these wonderful people ! 

Lastly I'd like to Thanks all the players on the Tour for your contribution in one way or another in making the Tour such a competitive, friendly and fun place to be.  The Tour would not be what it is without each and everyone of you so we hope that we'll see you all again in the next Tour !

That's it from me for this season of the Tour.  It's been a fantastic season and I've had a wonderful and enjoyable time and I look forward to having a nice break before you all drag me back to start another season ! It's good bye and farewell from me, Lou and everyone here on the Tour, take care all ! :-))

Vic

• dpckopy
    217 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:12 AM

Vic,

What would we do without you? ... as always you step up and provide a venue for those that want to meet other players, have fun and compete all in one.  The Hooters Tour was great and Shadow did an awesome job ... I'm sure this WGA Tour will be just as good (if not better), than the last.

Count me in!  I'm registering immediately.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:28 AM
    Vic, I'm in also and just to let you know the links for wga points system and list of reistered players are not working.
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:30 AM

OMG its ON,,,,,,,,

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:32 AM

Thank you Vic,  this is fantastic......love the top 32 matchplay!!!!!!!!  Its just boring playing WGT  and not have a Tour to compete in and test your overall skills in full competition amongst  wgt top players.   Im so pumped.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:01 AM

I have been waiting for this since I joined last years with only a handful of tourneys left.  I am in.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:20 AM

Thanks for letting me know the links are not working Chuckie, getting rusty I guess ! lol !

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:48 AM

Thank You Coolswing! If you need any help I will volunteer to help anyway I can..

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:35 AM

Excited to give this a try. As a new Tour Master, i'd be surprised to get any points, but I like the challenge. Should be fun.

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:43 AM

signed up cheers

RSS