Forums

Help › Forums

WGA TOUR SEASON 2011

Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:01 PM (2,740 replies)
  • Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 6:40 AM

coolswing:

PLAYOFF FORMAT

A *9 holes* playoff will apply for players taking part in the playoff, starting at the 10th Hole with the same course and conditions as the final round.  If the scores are still even after the *13th hole* then the sudden death format will apply from the 10th hole again  and to be continued if necessary until there's a clear winner.

Cut & Paste failure, Vic? ;)

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 7:46 AM

Thanks for pointing out my small error there Daskino ! Must say my eyes are getting bad from playing WGT ! lol ! :-)

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 10:34 AM

Final rd for Bigknight and myself,first off I would like to send a big thanks to Vic,Lou and all the sponsors for putting such a fun season together,its been a blast.Big didnt have his "A" game today,he was playing on a new cpu so wasnt used to the new equipment and had his fair share of struggling holes.I started off very hot and then the meter got me on 7,but overall had some good shots and a decent rd.Below is our cards,my dumbass forgot to set it up for 18 so we had to play 2 9's.61 for me,73 for big.

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 10:36 AM

Me and Les, Rd 3

I woke up at #10 tee area, after nine disappointing holes. But with 57% FW in F9, I couldn't have better times. In the B9 everything sounded fine, ending with a scaring but successful 18 ft. par save.

Les got an unbelievable 11 par streak, and the final 67 is really less than deserved.

Jim, I think the mole we chased away from Kiawah, found a new home in Oakmont :)

TYVM Les, I had great time playing with you again.

I would like to thank Vic, Lou, Kurts, Chuck and all the sponsors for this amazing tour. Awesome work, and I really can't wait for the next season. And I would like to thank all the players I played with, and everyone else supporting the tour too.

Just a little promo: I'm organizing a MatchPlay Invitational tournament as a post WGA season event.

I would like to invite the WGA top-20 togheter with some friends of mine and many of the italian Legend players.

It will be a 32-players tournament with a first round-robin stage (8 groups) followed by a 16-players bracket in single elimination rounds.

I'll send the personal invite to all the top-20 players in the next week, hoping to start within the end of the month.

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 11:01 AM

Thank you Luciano had a fun round just could nt get the ball in the dam hole,been the same past few days.Was a pleasure playing again mate.

I too would like to thank Vic,Lou,Kurts,chuckiee for making this a fun and successful tour and all the hard work they have done organising it,i have had a blast meeting and playing with some good players.Also a massive thank you to the sponsors of the tour who have kindly donated their credits and prizes to the tour,thanks all.Looking forward to the next tour.

cheers Les

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 1:34 PM

Thanks to Mrenn for the round he played VERY well and hope his finish echoes that...thanks to Vic and everyone who puts this on....considering how late i was to join the party this season, i was ecstatic to be able to climb into the top 20 in the last 3 weeks to make the finale....VERY much looking forward to the full season next time. Thanks to all the regulars who have been so kind to me as i "cut me teeth" in the league, and i look forward to many more competitive rounds in the future....I am leaving town for the wknd so wont be around, but if any of us are not friends yet, feel free to shoot me an invite and when i get back Sunday evening, i'll add ya...thx again and looking forward to Daskino's event as well!

=bigknight=

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 2:04 PM

Round 3 for SIMOVOICE and Kam4122. It was a great pleasure having played with Monty, and I thank him very much to having played it tonight. I started well, while Monty have a series of par in front 9, due to an incredible numbers of lip outs. But he had a great reaction and made a great back9. 

Here's our scorecard:

FINAL SCORE:

SIMOVOICE:62  KAM4122: 64

Now it's time to tkanks.

Thanks a lot Vic, you gave me the best time from when I'm on WGT, every week of the tour was a surprise and a challenge for me.

Thanks a lot to Lou, Chuckiee, and Buffy, you were a great team behind a great tour.

Thanks a lot to the generous sponsors, you gave us the taste of playing for something.

Thanks a lot to all the players I played with, I learned a lot from each of you.

Thanks a lot to all, you made this tour fantastic !

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 2:21 PM

Thanks Simo for the round, great to meet you and enjoyed your company.

Putting killed me on the front 9, could have been 4 or 5 better, but a decent back 9 made up for it.

Thanks to Vic and the guys, its been a great tour, thoroughly enjoyed it, and can't wait for the next one!

Cheers

Monty

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 6:05 PM

Final round in the middle of the night for frealzu and columbiacgt. Very enjoyable game with antonello, 2 solid rounds, too bad for 2 missed approach shots on his side that spoiled what could have been a super round. For the first time ever I didn't waste any shot, made all the putts I had to make, no regrets. TY antonello, was nice to meet you.

Frealzu: 63        Columbiacgt: 62

And finally, a BIIIIGGGGG THANK YOU to Vic, Lou, Chuckiee, Neil and all the sponsors, who put up a great tournament that provided us many hours of challenging entertainment. I hope it will be on next year, for my climb to the summit is not yet accomplished.

Thanks to my fellow players, it has been a pleasure playing with you.

And now, a bit of real golf !!

• frealzu
    630 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 6:28 PM

Thank you for the pleasant company jack, it was a really good round, too badfor my 2 bogeys, but I am really pleased to have met you .... thanks again for the beautiful game.

A special thanks to the organizers of this wonderful tournament, you are for me the heart of everything wgt, thanks vic, lou and all those who have committed themselves for the amusement of many players.

thanks

Antonello

RSS