Forums

Help › Forums

WGA TOUR SEASON 2011

Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:01 PM (2,740 replies)
  • KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2011 1:57 PM

Final round for KyRock75 & Kurtsbuford.   Awesome round by Kurt that included 3 eagles (1 on the par 5 on front 9 which i forgot to get a screenshot of)!   Back to back eagles to finish     Great playing Kurt!     I was a late arrival to the tour but want to thank vic , lou, kurt and everyone else involved with putting this thing together for us to enjoy!       Rock

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2011 2:07 PM

Ladies and Gentleman ... as the Season comes to a close .... Vic asked me to give you some indication of things that happened on the 2010/2011 WGA Tour.    

Here are just some of the statistics I have kept.   Once the final few rounds are played - look for more information on rounds played, best course averages, par 3 birdies, eagles.   

Tour Participation

This years tour had 140 active (played at least 1 tournament) participants representing 34 CC's & Independents.   71 Legends, 39 Tour Masters and 30 Masters participated.  CC participation was led by Deviations with 21 followed by Electra and English Lakes with 13 each and 12 Independents Players.    

We also had 148 players from 77 CC's who signed up bud didn't play even one stroke.   Led by the Independent Players ... and ... My favorite fact is that we had 13 members of B-A-D CC sign up but not play .... very very BAD ..... 

But the non-participation trophy of the year goes to the 2 members of the QUITTERS NOT WELCOME CC ... who signed up ... but QUIT before they even hit one ball .....proving once again .. that anyone can be a Quitter.

• Fortesque99
    920 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:23 AM

Hi all.

Just waiting for Vic to arrive for our 3rd round... if he doesn't get here in the next half an hour or so, I might need a marker. It's a school night tonight lol

Better yet, if someone knows another way to get in touch with him and tell him I need to tee off soon, that'd be awesome.

Cheers

Shane

• Fortesque99
    920 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:54 AM

tried to edit previous post but failed...

have begun round - thanks to simovoice for marking. apologies to Vic, couldn't wait any longer...

Shane

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 5:09 AM

Hi all !

I didn't manage to stay home in this weekend, but fever obliged me to change my plans ... 

So, if anyone will need a marker for the final round of the tour, I'll be online from about 16:00 pm (my hour, that is 3 hours from now) for about 3 hours. Just send me and invite, I'll be green ...

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 8:19 AM

Thanks Rock for keeping me on my toes, especially the "Darts Tour" back 9, great round for you too, and fab tourney!

Special thank you to Vic and Lou, the donors list participants, card posters,and anyone else involved with the brilliantly run 2011 WGA Tour Season, its an honor to able to particiipate in these WGA events.  "Special" congrats to Quitters not  Welcome CC for there complete non participation and recipient of this seasons "Quitters award". How redneck is that, LOL.

Thanks also to tessie girl, wgt phenom and wizzardess!

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 10:11 AM

R3 for Antu and Jimbean

Quite probably the strangest round I've ever played and possibly one of the worst that Antu's had in a long time. Neither of us could buy a ding throughout the entire round, but strangely I went on two runs where even though I was never on-ding putting, just everything dropped. Of course when I did ding (on the traditional must birdie holes) everything of course stayed out. Antonio (aka the Sandman), managed to find nearly every bunker on the course trying out his new irons - a few bits of magic from the Italian Stallion but far too much building sandcastles to score well ;-)

A huge thanks to Vic, Lou and Kurt for running the show. These events are always difficult to run but it's been a seamless effort even when people have been missing due to RL matters. A big thumbs up to all the sponsors and all the players who've partnered me throughout the entire season; I've learnt a heck of lot from you guys and gals and it's taken my game to a far better level than when I started. Most importantly (even though she'll never see this), my thanks to my wife who's threatened to strangle me on far too many occasions for playing "the silly pointless golf game" :-)

Speech over, Jim out.

• Antuniccu
    445 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 10:58 AM

No comment on my nightmare round....

One of these days when nothing works.

Disappointed it happens on the final WGA round.

Thanks to James for his great company.

Thanks to Vic, Lou, Chuckiee, Neil for this awesome WGA season.

Thanks to others sponsors for theyr support.

Thanks to all the mates who've partnered me in my first experience on WGA.

Hope for a new season soon, i'll be on the sponsors list again, of course!!

Cheers

Antu

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 11:25 AM

Thanks everyone for the kind words in the last few days.  I'll write a little farewell speech when this week's tourney is over, have many more Thanks to many people to do ! :-)

Hi All, Looking for a marker to help me out with my final round as I couldn't play with my partner earlier due to probs with my internet connection !  I'll be around for the next 1-2 hours so please send an invite any time or just dropn me a quick message and i'll get back to you right away.  Thanks.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 12:51 PM

Also looking for a marker as my partner is not finishing from the looks of it.....will be on for a bit.....see Vics gone red might have his game not sure.....thx

Cappiest

RSS