Forums

Help › Forums

Is this a good idea to stop cheating??

Sun, Nov 16 2014 9:36 AM (58 replies)
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2014 8:43 PM

What's really ruining this game is all the speculation about someone cheating. So you have to show a video of yourself playing to prove you aren't cheating now? Guilty until proven innocent?

This whole ordeal is getting old and a bit ridiculous. I've been having a hard time finding the fun anymore. You are always wondering if someone is cheating, and everyone is wondering if you are.

The main problem stems from the fact that wgt has decided to do nothing. Even a post acknowledging the fact that cheating is going on would be welcome. But no, they are just sitting back and racking in the money.

Well wgt, when a new similar golf game comes out, you can kiss those dollars goodbye. I will be the first person to leave.

AB

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 4:26 PM

I can't believe people still yack about auto ding or auto-click programs - they don't work anymore. 

The reason they don't work anymore is that the meter uses a random timing scheme. It's not moving at the same speeds all the time, it cycles through various timings. Auto mouse clicking programs are a dime a dozen, they simply record mouse clicking and delay as well. If you're doing repetitive tasks they have a use. They're not cheat programs, not even sold as such. They will initiate mouse states exactly every single time. 

I could care less about people using them, if fact I'd have no issue playing with someone using one. Why? Because then they're subject to all the timings as they apply. Without using one you have a better chance at anticipating hesitations, those little delays just before the meter jets past the ding. Still get bitten by they 'turbo-slide by', no stopping that one very often. 

Slowing down the meter animation as well to hit the ding, well go ahead as well.... Got no issue with that either - go ahead. 

It's all a wash now anyway as they have putting sooooo nuts most of the time who cares if you can get to the green by auto dinging, you still gotta putt. 

Auto-dinging.... lmao.... go right ahead.

If you're really hell bent on seeing if someone is using one? Watch where their cursor goes prior to clicking - If they're using an auto-click program it will go to the exact same location every time, exactly!  There is no way to vary that and I don't care who you are, you can't do that every time with dead on precision. 

• Bigzz87
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 4:50 PM

Thanks! I appreciate that. You hit it right on the dot when you said, "You still gotta putt!"

Ding or not, figure that green out is the BIGGEST isue., A lil short or a lil long on the ding just might get you that bird! lmao

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 6:27 PM

dedBuNNy:

Right so mouse enabled or otherwise this one you say is useless I gathered.  

You are way up on IT and I am way down.  In your opinion is the game halfway sensibly able to combat cheating or not, and would you say cheating is rife?  No need to list any other methods just whether they are out there, easy to get and / or being used much ??? 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 6:38 PM

AgentBrown123:
    You are always wondering if someone is cheating, and everyone is wondering if you are.

I suppose I'm lucky(smart). I don't wager so I'm immune if every other member here is cheating.  Also, I suspect I'm cheating but just don't care. ;-)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 9:28 PM

Jimbog1964:

dedBuNNy:

You are way up on IT and I am way down.  In your opinion is the game halfway sensibly able to combat cheating or not, and would you say cheating is rife?  No need to list any other methods just whether they are out there, easy to get and / or being used much ??? 

There's no way to stop people from using auto mouse clicking software, it runs outside of browser, and makes no difference whether game in client window or whatever. 

Point is, with what WGT is doing with the meter that type of app is all but useless and as I said I have no problem playing against anyone using one. In fact against someone with a smooth meter and top gear the 'cheater' is at a disadvantage in my opinion. 

CE is another matter... I don't dik around with it, but it's designed to break into Flash based games, debug etc... WGT programmers can, if they're skilled enough, lock down assets n such. They certainly should not come in here and mention anything, as they don't anyway. 

There are other thing you can do with the newer mice now as far as macro's go, but again, if it's in an effort to 'auto' anything it's not going to work, not reliably.

WGT seems to be going the way of almost totally making things like wind, the break almost random at times. 

I'm all for random speeds on greens, that alone is more realistic. Like no way you should be able to shoot to the same spot on a green 12 hours later and have it putt the same way. The only thing with that is, you have to have some sort of indicator, WGT has to have something in place telling players green conditions if they're going to get more creative with varying the play of the greens more.

It's really too bad they don't have the UEL more fine tuned and working properly, no way it's working the way it should. But if it did that would be great, get rid of EL totally, that would pretty well make cheats obsolete I think, or damn near. 

I don't really care anymore..

Personally I don't think there are nearly as many cheaters as people think, my personal opinion is, and one of the mods here all but verified by way of a conversation with one of the players here who was having issues with something, that they can alter individual game environment conditions. I think that yes, there are players who's game environment for whatever reason is setup in a neutral like state, or something like that. I think that's just the way it goes. maybe it's just a byproduct of being a TL for three years, as part of skill level saturation?.. I don't know. 

I'm not saying it's a favoritism thing, I'm just saying it seems like it exists in some form or fashion and would partly explain rounds of 53 over and over. Then again, I watched one of the best players ever here have, by his standards, a horrible game the other day, not missed shots, but easy pitches going 20 ft longer than club shoots for... etc.. Shots just going all wrong - has he lost the skills? Seriously doubt that... nope. Just weirdness these days.

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 9:53 PM

Jimbog1964:

dedBuNNy:

Friend Jim,

They are out there and with other ways besides "timing".  This is a "client-side" game with most of the processing taking place on the home computer.  That allows people with proper tools to observe program memory and video memory within particular windows.  Things on cheaters own computer may be altered by them without being visible on the wgt side of the screen.  I won't get further in to it than that since I find it all rather detestable.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2014 6:15 AM

Again, if WGT coders are doing their jobs, were, CE would not be effective, value encryption, token validation/refusal, client side request encryption so that they're not definable .... etc. 

This is a Flash based game running in the browser on client side, using something other than HTTP as a communication protocol goes a long way to making it very time consuming to intercept and ID asset values. 

I mean.... I guess if you have no fu*kin life and you really think that drilling credits from the RG's etc that run here is the dogs bollocks - well have it ya fu*kin morons. LoL

Actually what I hate more than the people cheating is the fact that obviously rather than paying for developers who know how to secure and code Flash so that it's not vulnerable to most of this sh*t, WGT rely on top level interferences, and that all just makes this game a joke with respect to how it plays almost nothing like golf. 

It just is what it is now... 

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2014 9:36 AM

dedBuNNy,

WGT is not a Mom & Pop operation.  It is a multi-million dollar business.  So for them to not lock down their product is rather amazing to me.  I've seen bigger fish make the same mistake, but in this day and age?  It certainly is not because we do not inform them, coax them, and tell them how to do it.

It's their dog & pony show, and obviously they run it how they want, but also obvious is the palpable frustration seen throughout the non-cheating customer base.  Any tournament result, any RG, anything which brings forth credits will be suspect until people feel more secure in the belief that cheating does not prosper at WGT.

RSS