Forums

Help › Forums

Is this a good idea to stop cheating??

Sun, Nov 16 2014 9:36 AM (58 replies)
  • chris2345
    528 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 12:31 PM

chrisironsbones:
    Well, I've just seen the video showing the slow meter cheat engine what not and It has left a sour taste in my mind.

Where did you see it? The same question you just asked.  Would like to see it.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 12:38 PM

YankeeJim:
    If I didn't know better I'd think the equation that a shot generates has some kind of variable attached to the value of the ding that's bigger than it used to be. Kind of a left handed way of combating meter-monkeying. 

Funny you say that as I am positive there is some algorithm to the percentage of dings hit.

I played last night (at work now) and for the first 3 holes I missed the ding every shot (including putts) despite trying to ding! I was 2 under through three.

4th hole on the drive was my first ding, followed by the next shot (par 5) and pitched up (missed ding) but a tap in bird.

5th hole drive missed ding by a whisker, approach hit way to early, rolled up for a tap in bird!

6th Missed ding on drive (marginal) followed by mostly dings till the approach on 9. Dinged again and despite low winds, went well left and I had a 30 foot putt on the 9th - virtually dead straight - I missed the ding late for it to stay dead straight and drop!

To me it was like the more missed dings, the game took pity on me, the more dings in succession, the harder it got. Co-incidence perhaps or maybe it was my turn to card a decent score lol.

I have never tried testing this but might give it a whirl tonight.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 12:38 PM

chris2345:
    Where did you see it? The same question you just asked.  Would like to see it.

This is asking for trouble. Trust him, if he can find it you can. This is not the place to be starting that bit again.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 12:48 PM

alanti:
    To me it was like the more missed dings, the game took pity on me, the more dings in succession, the harder it got. Co-incidence perhaps or maybe it was my turn to card a decent score lol.

Honestly, I have thought this from day 1. No bs, it's the reason I never worried about dinging programs because I figured the game would catch up to them eventually. It's like it's in spades now. I've seen it myself. Ding Central on every shot for 3 holes and then I lose it.

This is not to say the ding is no longer king. Maybe the number of times in succession it is but overall I think you have to pick your spots. In other words, ding is king when it has to be. An example of this is this year's Open. The first 53 posted (his name escapes me) at PH was by a guy playing it watching TV. LOL. He did say that it was the first time he had ever dinged every approach shot. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 1:35 PM

YankeeJim:

In other words, ding is king when it has to be. An example of this is this year's Open. The first 53 posted (his name escapes me) at PH was by a guy playing it watching TV. LOL. He did say that it was the first time he had ever dinged every approach shot. 

I think I was watching TV, but I didn't ding every approach. I did ding the last 13 approaches in a row (14/18 in total). Not dissimilar to the 53 from this month's VT event which was also 14/18, the vid of which is in my profile blog. FWIW 17/18 is the best I've ever done - that was the 53 in the first round of the VT event on BoF which was the 4th event this year.

Mind you, I also dinged 14/18 in the 3rd round of the VUSO this year, and that was my worst round, the dreadful 61 which cost me the title. On average, the more dings the better the round (if dings are what you play for). But it doesn't guarantee a good round, just as missing the ding doesn't guarantee a bad one. 

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 1:48 PM

I actually like WGT's 3-click system.  If only they could perfect it to be more accurate on putting.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 1:55 PM

fmagnets:
    I did ding the last 13 approaches in a row (14/18 in total).

This is what I remembered. In fact, your recap of that round  is a pretty good example of what Alanti mused about and I believe. You didn't ding everything, just the important shots.  :-)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 1:56 PM

I agree with pretty much every last thing LOL said - except for the 3 click.  It would prevent cheating for a couple days, until the cheats were tweaked.

As far as cheating programs, good luck.  They've already been passed out like Halloween candy.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 2:40 PM

Anything that initiates a mouse state in the browser window is open to manipulation, you don't need anything more sophisticated than a macro app that records mouse clicks and also the delay interval. In less the 5 minutes you can have an auto-dinging macro that will ding about 99% of the time. 

Problem is, if you're not 'taking care' of the wind, so what if you ding? Dinging don't mean sh*t if you're so far off in aiming, and given that aiming against the wind now just cuts right into it a lot of the time, going right where you hit it, dinging is useless. 

There is no way you can stop CE, it was designed and written to do just what it does - debug browser assets. 

As far as the meter goes, you need to eliminate the click state meter, that won't kill it totally but have a swing meter that is velocity based, would go a long way. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 2:42 PM

well I watch s few players religiously ,and from my views they can ding their shots 90-95 % of the time, putts pretty much 95-100% ,and I'm 100% confident they are not using any programs to help with this.

I guess what I'm saying is 99% of the time I have to go with ding is king, without the ding ,you open the door for lost yardage ball going way off course, meaning you miss the ding on your approach with a true tail and the ball goes 8 yards off course rather than maybe 2-3.

All these helper programs are not cheats, they are just that helpers. A cheat uses an auto dinger, and so kind of  program to control the speed of the meter,( this excluding multi a counters).

I used about every helping program that is out there, and finally came back to simple math.

I don't know what the answer to fight these programs , hell there may not be anything , but I will say this fmagnets is the only guy who opened his door for all to see, NOw how many more are willing to do that? 

RSS