Forums

Help › Forums

Is this a good idea to stop cheating??

Sun, Nov 16 2014 9:36 AM (58 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:58 PM

thesnakeyes:

if the information about these CEs are correct then they take time to set for every shot.

Not true

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:59 PM

fatdan:

MBaggese:

I guess I'm a cheat then in your mind, I use Av movements on my putter and wedges, and whip out the Windows calculator on long putts on Champ greens.

AAAHA!!! Do you feel better now that you have lifted that burden of guilt and shared that with us ? LOL

LMAO!

I think Eric ( known UEL player) and also my guess a 3 click meter man, or one who has become efficient at it, wants it his way...not for me...so sorry, too bad;)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 7:23 PM

lonniescott711:

If you feel that there is cheating in the RG`s, then why do you keep playing them ? Leave the RG`s and credit play tourneys , to the cheaters . As long as you keep playing them , then you keep enabling them to cheat . If you want WGT to address the problem , then you first have to pinch the cash flow .

Once you reduce the cash flow to the RG`s and premium tourneys then you can bet that WGT will handle the situation . Loss of revenue will always get  a company`s attention . But if you are going to keep throwing gas on the fire , then dont cry when you get burned .

^ This seems pretty obvious. Amazing that it'll never happen.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 3:46 AM

The main idea is to stop people using cheating programs whether is a 3 or a 20 click swing!!!, To me is still more complicated for those silly nerds to have more variables in the swing setup than the simple 2 click bar meter we all use in WGT.

There are several factors that can be easily calculated because you have the data to do it; distance to hole, pin altitude/location and wind strength.

BUT wind direction can not be calculated the same way because there are no figures same as amount of spin in both equipment & balls, THIS IS MAINLY HUMAN estimation.

WGT Top players are simply damn good at it...same as the Pros in reality, they get the data from the caddy and hit with so much precision that the ball can land very close to the pin or in the pin when putting.

Those cheating programs do NOT put the ball in the hole, do they?, they help you to get your ball as close to the hole as possible and with luck also in the hole....but the bloody effort you make is to type the data in the boxes, grab the meter to the precise power and release the meter...bloody easy isn't it?__________________________________________________________________

You can beat them?...join them! it is not only for me or anyone here using the game. It is also for WGT. 

This is totally nuts but what about selling and auto-dinger in the shop and make RG's or Official tournaments only for players using the auto-dinger and same tournaments for people not using the auto-dinger? This is just an idea....this is called FAIR PLAY!

If this silly idea was going to happen there will be NO job for cheating programmers and no cheating programs neither.

It is not me or any of the WGT members to stop cheating programs destroying the game, it is WGT itself.

WGT seems to be very quiet about this issues and it is probably because WGT is unable to stop those cheating programs. Wish to know I am wrong here. WGT depends on Flash and Internet to play the game, it is not like any 3D game where is easy to control piracy and cheats......... ouch :(

Eric

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 7:17 AM

LOLserver:

BUT wind direction can not be calculated the same way because there are no figures

The wind direction is shown by the wind arrow, which has a measurable angle relative to the camera position. You could measure it with a protractor if you were so inclined. This is certainly something which is mathematically quantifiable. 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 7:44 AM

fmagnets:

LOLserver:

BUT wind direction can not be calculated the same way because there are no figures

The wind direction is shown by the wind arrow, which has a measurable angle relative to the camera position. You could measure it with a protractor if you were so inclined. This is certainly something which is mathematically quantifiable. 

Lol m8, you think cheater programs can also use that logarithm to calculate the shot?, I do not think so.......

Since a recent update the wind has now an "estimated" wind strength between two figures, certainly those TWO figures can not be used for a precise calculation of the shot, again. more factors to be considered when making the cheat. I leave that estimation to the human eye and not to the cheating program.

Eric

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 8:12 AM

LOLserver:

fmagnets:

LOLserver:

Lol m8, you think cheater programs can also use that logarithm to calculate the shot?, I do not think so.......

Since a recent update the wind has now an "estimated" wind strength between two figures, certainly those TWO figures can not be used for a precise calculation of the shot, again. more factors to be considered when making the cheat. I leave that estimation to the human eye and not to the cheating program.

Eric

This game does not use wind models. It does not use thermal variances as they apply to wind properties, it does not use interference dynamics as they apply to wind. 

The wind in this game is a simple math based interference applied to the two points you select on your shot. The flickering flag is simply a graphic, nothing more.

The variation in the wind speed is more than likely moot. Given the fact that they can't even map the courses correctly and seem to have programmers who don't understand 'collision', I seriously doubt they're programming in % based algorithms to apply RNG based wind variances, in fact until someone from WGT comes in here from the development dept and says otherwise, I'll say they're not. Proof is in how the game plays.

Good lord man, half the time you have a tail wind on a short wedge approach, apply some BS to hold green and the the damn ball has more lift than a Harrier Jet and goes 20 yrds over the hole. Or you have a nice tail wind on a drive, miss the ding by a bit and the ball sails off into the trees. Both of those examples are proof they don't use wind modeling. 

So, are there players who are really good at 'guessing' the outcome in winds? Yep

Are there players using CE to pull the addressing and 'tweak' wind? Yep.

Neither of those two realizations help me in my battle with the wind so I don't really care. Oddly I seem to do better in high winds than I do in moderate winds. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 8:33 AM

LOLserver:

Since a recent update the wind has now an "estimated" wind strength between two figures

There are no logarithms involved. If someone can enter the value for wind strength into a program, they can enter a value for the wind angle into a program.

And the recent update did not change anything about the wind or how it interacts with shots, just the way the wind is displayed. It has always been a random figure (normally, I would guess) distributed around the mean value that used to be displayed. They changed the display to a range to try and give more of a sense that it is a distribution, not a fixed value. 

• PBaldwin
    108 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 11:01 AM

If someone is intelligent enough to build an advanced calculator to determine the exact shot to use based off of wind speed, wind angle, elevation,  lie, aim, putt distance, etc. then I say go for it.  It's a video game based on mathematics and hard work is needed to be one of the best.

Now auto dingers or slower meters hacks is another issue all together.  Those are cheats and would be nice if WGT could find the people using them.  They must have a way to see peoples ding ratio to determine who could be using them.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 2:13 PM

PLEASE WGT, PLEASE, do something.

Recently played a random alternate to see a player with a 51% GIR, using a lousy ball with meter speed 1 and hitting all his approaching shots right on line to the flag...rolling some feet long or being some feet short of the flag.....but absolutely all its shots right on line!!!

No the first time I see this, I have been playing random alternates often to see more & more amazing & continuous great shots from players with very poor GIR. 

Forget my proposal WGT....I just would like to hear how are you battling the use of those cheats; the auto-dinger cheat.

Is it so difficult to stop it?, is it not in WGT hands to do it? please comment on the issue.

Give us the game we loved back!!!

Eric

RSS