Is this a good idea to stop cheating??

Sun, Nov 16 2014 9:36 AM (58 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:01 AM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:01 AM

I personally do not like the 3 click.  Now seen it said not much more difficult once you get used to it, and if it were a foolproof way of combating anything I would be all ears - same as Charles, lol.

I am so old school though the last game I really played was PGA Tour on a console circa 1990.  With that knowledge I was good to go when I came across this.  I did though note tepeoint about avatar moves noted by YJ.  I don't use those Partly as I never knew they existed for a good while, just playing after joining with the quickest name I could think  - thought would be a 5 minute winder. I digress too much as usual.

My biggest concern is that an auto whatever program would be almost as easy for this as it is for the main meter.  If an independent third party verified it would indeed be foolproof like I say bring on the Charles........

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:03 AM

LOLserver:

UNEVEN LIE can not be mathematically calculated. 

How do you think the WGT algorithm works out where the UEL shot goes? ;-)

Surely a 3-click meter would make it even easier for cheats relative to the rest of the field. If adding another variable by clicking for exact power as well as direction makes it harder for honest players, the slow-meter-cheaters would have a doubled advantage.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:14 AM

chrisironsbones:

Who has It?  Who's witnessed?  what have i missed since being away?

Imao!

I never said people using calculators, avatar movement and tables were cheaters, did I?

People using cheating programs are!!!, people who launch a program to add data and after doing that press the click "hit" to see the meter stopping at the ding and seeing their ball close or in the hole are... and those are the ones who should be stopped, that is the main idea.

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:22 AM

fmagnets:

LOLserver:

UNEVEN LIE can not be mathematically calculated. 

How do you think the WGT algorithm works out where the UEL shot goes? ;-)

Surely a 3-click meter would make it even easier for cheats relative to the rest of the field. If adding another variable by clicking for exact power as well as direction makes it harder for honest players, the slow-meter-cheaters would have a doubled advantage.

You know very well the wind direction can not be calculated although the wind strength can, same as the non flat lie. You personally are good at it, because your sense of the lie estimation is better then the rest of us...you do not calculate that.

The more variables you have, the more difficult for the cheater programmers to make the cheat.

Eric

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:23 AM

LOLserver:
    people who launch a program to add data and after doing that press the click "hit" to see the meter stopping at the ding and seeing your ball close or in the hole are... and those are the ones who should be stopped, that is the main idea.

With the Nike's or slow meter balls wgt are selling us at extortionate prices hitting ding or landing a few fractions from it is a gimme nowerdays   (gone are the days of using a R9 tri and tour balls and hoping to land on the fairway!!!)  Hitting the ding doesn't guarantee a good shot any way, some times its good to miss ding opposite top wind any way.  Plenty of times I have aimed right to compensate wind, HIT THE DING only for shot to start off as if i have aimed directly at pin and not right of it.  Hitting ding is never ever going to guarantee you a good shot, but I do agree If i had a meter which was slower than the level 4 slow balls i think i could shave a stroke every round

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:30 AM

chrisironsbones:
     Hitting ding is never ever going to guarantee you a good shot

Well IMHO an auto ding would often be worth two shots over 18 holes, and that's huge.  Granted high wind play etc can be different, but a there when you want it ding is still a very substantial advantage.  Other ways exist looking through these forums before a college kid laughs at my naivety discussing the simple one:)

EDIT: UELs I agree with alanti below, and why I can't bring myself to bother with them in a time challenged world at least.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:30 AM

I do not mind the old Links 3 click meter, and have only tried it once on here as putting was awful lol. The biggest benefit could be adding extra power, but fail to hit the ding at the bottom, the result could be a wild shot.

But I fail to see why someone would not create a new cheat for such a meter - in fact it would be very naïve to think otherwise. I would think it would be a matter of weeks, then what, a 4 click meter, then a 5 click meter etc.

The balance of the post seems to be about calculating, which IMO is not cheating. It is like saying Phil, Rory and Co are cheating as their caddy will know exact distance from anywhere on a golf course. The player then needs to execute that shot, as they do on here. In real golf external factors are harder to judge, whereas on here it is mostly constant (wind/green speeds etc) so for those who do calculate shots, can do so with accuracy provided they can also execute the shot by hitting the ding.

I guesstimate, play by feel but know if I did calculate I would be a better player. But then of course I still need to hit the ding....that's another story.

As for UE Lies, it still is about calculations - many of us choose not to play it as it is totally unrealistic. The core principle is there but they are grossly exaggerated to the point of being farcical.

I don't know what WGT do, but I am sure they do have mechanisms in place, but like cheats in sports, they will always be one step behind.

I play for fun, if someone beats me by using a cheat, all fine by me as I do not place credits on the line, but really sad if someone needs to do so stoop so low. I pity them, for being such pathetic low down scum.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:49 AM

Well, I've just seen the video showing the slow meter cheat engine what not and It has left a sour taste in my mind.  It has left me not wanting to enter any Ready go from now on especially high stakes ones because you simply can not trust who might be using one If its true about the few elite players who have been called out previously.  After seeing how slow it makes meter after hitting a certain point, I can see how it would lower scores.  F'KIN CHEATS, Go and ruin some one ele's fun you bunch of $$ grabbin low life B'Stards!!!

There's loads of ready go's where i might have lost $$ instead of breaking even or gaining a small profit from the one or 2 positions these cheats have taken up on leaderboard.  I know for a fact i have come 2nd or maybe 3rd or lower to these particular players where in fact i should have received more $$ if not for their gained cheating strokes

Does this mean i can go through my account history and find challenge matches i have lost to these players and get my credits back??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 12:14 PM

alanti:
    I do not mind the old Links 3 click meter, and have only tried it once on here as putting was awful lol.

I got to thinking about this after the earlier post and while losing the avatar moves wouldn't suit me, the Putter Pal would fix that. I'd just have to go back to school for a bit. It seems to me the meter on the 3 click in the game here is one smooth, consistent speed making it relatively easy to hit a spot on the swing. It's like taking away the avatar moves smooths the meter out.

What I don't see is how this would stop the cheat that I saw recently in that monster thread. Calculator programs aren't cheats so they don't count, IMO, they're just time/brain savers for most. And from what I'm personally seeing lately, hitting the ding is not the best play all the time anyway.

If I didn't know better I'd think the equation that a shot generates has some kind of variable attached to the value of the ding that's bigger than it used to be. Kind of a left handed way of combating meter-monkeying. 

RSS