Forums

Help › Forums

Get It Off Your Chest.

Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:34 AM (42 replies)
  • ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:50 AM

renniw52:
    Close this thing, too many trolls for me anymore.

renniw52:
    About done with the idiots.

renniw52:
    people who just don't understand common decency.

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:34 AM

Like an addict,,, I have a Love/hate relationship with WGT... Though a sober Man,,, my drug or drink of choice is the WGT. Forum... Rather than the mindless stupor,,, I vent,,, here...I do so,,, for one exact reason,,, WGT.'s dependence on my dollars,,, using the invite that better balls,,, equipment,,, etc. provides better scores... Which in fact they do,,, however,,, such investments do not free each and every playing individual the independence of their gaming skills,,, club and shot choices... I have witnessed enough to question the WGT format and expressed statement that they influence nothing here... It becomes more of a problem when one considers the opportunity to gamble credits... I for one,,, am convinced to do so,,, is no better than entering the carnival circuit of shell games...

Yes I will invest in top quality clubs,,, and some low cost balls,,, but only for the sake of my independent matches... And as golf in real life,,, forever keep it as a Gentlemen's sport...

So as avenues of rebut show there ugly face,,, I believe it is my duty to vent and display such results in the hope that others recognize such,,, and allowing the true believers in WGT. a chance to respond...

As of late,,, representing true scoring averages and results...

Under true scoring results,,, meaning tournament play rather then fun matches,,, it is not uncommon for me to be scoring 5 and 6's over par,,, yet my scoring average still goes down... That average is now 67.75,,, important when relate to the following to two rounds.

First of all,,, the following results are not of great concerned,,, but I question the possibilities,,, knowing that in actuality,,, such outcomes defy Golf Logic...

Just played a bracket tournament where I failed to advance... Though shooting well under par,,, I was defeated by a player who I had a 8 stroke advantage over... Well the rube of the green says,,, he shot the round of his life... *** happens,,, but would I be willing to accept that as easily if I had $$$ invested... as for the actual odds,,, ??? I believe won two major Lotto's that day also...

Again,,, in a friendly skins match,,, playing another individual where my scoring average far outweighed his... First hole I birded from a few feet,,, so did he,,, from a shot from the fairway... For the next 8 holes we matched the exact score,,, thus going 9 holes without a skin being exchanged... I find that very odd,,, and question such possibilities... Because I'll throw this in also,,, I had 5 excellent additional putts for bird,,, with everyone hitting the cup in such a manner,,, as to not fall... Now for those who may nay say,,, I guess it was my imaginations,,, when a great understanding of the green speed,,, several putts either came up way short,,, or went way beyond...

I put this out for all to see and respond... Thank you

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:34 AM

Like an addict,,, I have a Love/hate relationship with WGT... Though a sober Man,,, my drug or drink of choice is the WGT. Forum... Rather than the mindless stupor,,, I vent,,, here...I do so,,, for one exact reason,,, WGT.'s dependence on my dollars,,, using the invite that better balls,,, equipment,,, etc. provides better scores... Which in fact they do,,, however,,, such investments do not free each and every playing individual the independence of their gaming skills,,, club and shot choices... I have witnessed enough to question the WGT format and expressed statement that they influence nothing here... It becomes more of a problem when one considers the opportunity to gamble credits... I for one,,, am convinced to do so,,, is no better than entering the carnival circuit of shell games...

Yes I will invest in top quality clubs,,, and some low cost balls,,, but only for the sake of my independent matches... And as golf in real life,,, forever keep it as a Gentlemen's sport...

So as avenues of rebut show there ugly face,,, I believe it is my duty to vent and display such results in the hope that others recognize such,,, and allowing the true believers in WGT. a chance to respond...

As of late,,, representing true scoring averages and results...

Under true scoring results,,, meaning tournament play rather then fun matches,,, it is not uncommon for me to be scoring 5 and 6's over par,,, yet my scoring average still goes down... That average is now 67.75,,, important when relate to the following to two rounds.

First of all,,, the following results are not of great concerned,,, but I question the possibilities,,, knowing that in actuality,,, such outcomes defy Golf Logic...

Just played a bracket tournament where I failed to advance... Though shooting well under par,,, I was defeated by a player who I had a 8 stroke advantage over... Well the rube of the green says,,, he shot the round of his life... *** happens,,, but would I be willing to accept that as easily if I had $$$ invested... as for the actual odds,,, ??? I believe won two major Lotto's that day also...

Again,,, in a friendly skins match,,, playing another individual where my scoring average far outweighed his... First hole I birded from a few feet,,, so did he,,, from a shot from the fairway... For the next 8 holes we matched the exact score,,, thus going 9 holes without a skin being exchanged... I find that very odd,,, and question such possibilities... Because I'll throw this in also,,, I had 5 excellent additional putts for bird,,, with everyone hitting the cup in such a manner,,, as to not fall... Now for those who may nay say,,, I guess it was my imaginations,,, when a great understanding of the green speed,,, several putts either came up way short,,, or went way beyond...

I put this out for all to see and respond... Thank you

RSS