Forums

Help › Forums

Get It Off Your Chest.

Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:34 AM (42 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 11:48 AM

Lots of great responses my friends. I for one do not feel I should be respected due to my age or longevity on WGT. I also started out with virile comments and many smart a$$ remarks. I was severely ripped by several of the Elite players on here for my comments. (I mean Elite with the up most of respect for these members). I came to realize that this was my escape from a long day. I was too old to act so immature from the get go. I have changed people,  for the better and find a lot of fun on here. I spent a small fortune(several thousands of dollars of my own money) mostly on gifts to others. I can not do this anymore due to life changes. If I go back to starter balls and 230 yard drives, I will still have the same fun I have had for the last few years. As I have said many times, my friends and our conversations are priceless to me. There are issues with WGT that will never be sorted out. A plan by design, but at least we have it and can still have a fun round. Win or lose, what does it matter? I am going to try to play a few AS rounds tonight, I will switch to starter balls and see how much fun we can have. If you are an invite, do so also and we can laugh our butts off.

Rich

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 11:59 AM

I do not know what happened to make that space?????????

Very sorry it does look awful

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 1:09 PM

Let me see, there's several million accounts, there are rich ppl., poor ppl., young ppl, old ppl.

liberals, conservatives, racists, politically correct, kill them all ppl., americans who hate foreigners, foreigners who hate americans,

gamers and golfers, drinkers and non drinkers, dopers, kids, military

women, men looking for women, women who hate men...

different religions, atheist, gay, straight...

cheaters, ppl. who whine about everything, conspiracy theorist

ppl. who grow to 6'5" 280lbs  when they get behind a keyboard, and shrink back to 5'8" 135lbs as soon as they leave

southerners, east/west coast, people snowed in 6 months a year etc etc etc, and a whole bunch of really cool people, and all basically locked in the same room for years...

hmmmmm, somehow a little diccourse doesn't surprise me one bit...geeeeezus, my family disagrees/argues and there is only 4 of us here, 1 of them part time while she is at school...

I remember when I "HAD" to have one of those extended cords for my rotary phone too, it was the nuts, I could walk around instead of sitting in that f'n chair in the hallway and talk(ahhh, for some of you a "rotary phone is a phone that aaaaa, well lets just say it's not a cell phone), if your using one of those cords now ur in prison!!!! Sh!t changes, deal with or get run over by it, you will just be sitting around b!tching about it and you become the problem!

As far as how great the forums used to be, that's because there was a smaller group and it was run their way...I joined in '08 and some time later I came into the forum and asked a question, 1st post and I'm sure it was a stupid question...I was immediately told "use the search" along with a few smart @$$ comments by several members before someone answered...

now you can ask ANY question and 30 people will volunteer info with a few smart @$$es still hanging in there...

I personally like change, I like the diversity of opinions from around the world, I like hunting the cheaters, I like cell phones, F**K that rotary phone w/ the extended cord...

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 1:26 PM

Damn FD, the first time I talked on a phone it was a 2 digit party line, receiver weighed as much as I did. But I came from a village not a town. LOL. Change is good if it is for the best. Hit em straight my friend.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 1:32 PM

LOL, I was raised in the city and we had the good old party line too...single family lines were a luxury for the rich LOL

I tried to explain party lines, no a/c, window fans instead, 3 channels on TV that went off at midnite, all games were played at the school yard not on a console, to my youngest kids when they were in elementary school...

they thought my parents were being abusive lol, they can't even grasp it at that age...my baby girl almost had tears in her eyes, she even gave me a pity hug LOL

They don't realize we thought we had it great...

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 1:48 PM

I had to go outside in the snow with a pipe wrench to turn the pole holding the antennae to get the channel from Erie or Buffalo.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 2:01 PM

Funny you would say that...

My grandad lived in the country about an hour from St.Louis now, it was 3 1/2 hrs back then...

he worked in the lead mines but him and a friend opened a side business, on weekends they would build those old towers that were like 20ft higher than the house to put your TV antenna on top of for better reception....

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 3:54 PM

Well after reading your first post FD I feel as though I owe you a heartfelt apology.

I am sorry.

Let me make it clear if it already wasn't, I am also a hunter of types. Leave it at that.

I am younger than you both, not by too much but enough to know people that deserve respect for living when life was different and a boatload easier in some ways, not in others. Such as having your friends over to play without worrying about abductions or worse, or have dinner as adults. Or only needing 4 numbers to call a friend on the ROTARY  phone. I disliked when my family would walk in circles and wind up the f****** cord while talking on it.. My first pet peeve. All downhill from there. Head hanging low.

The computer age has taken more than people know, and has given just as much in return. It is up to us to decide what we do. We decide who we are by our actions. We are also defined by them from others. 

The SS FD has sank only to rise from the depths if not in reality, in one persons mind.

I hope you can accept my apology as it does not come so easy to those I have made the mistake of smiting. Very rare!  You are harsh. But that's damn ok. By me anyway. You've earned it.

Renn I asked MC to leave you a present of sorts also in the way of an apology for speaking harshly in your thread. I am pretty sure it will be accepted.

Best regards.

Look at the Skinny old guy driving.   ;) I think i might be older than him.

-------------<*{{{{{{-(

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 4:53 PM

Everything is fine with me, I take it in stride and let it go. If you get me upset now days you have to go way beyond what is humanly acceptable. Other than that it goes right by me. If you abuse folks, intentionally hurt a child or an animal then you have crossed my line. Then you will see a side of me that you wished you never saw. I truly believe in an eye for an eye. My kids and grand kids call me old school for a damn good reason. Color doesn't matter, race or anything else. Be less than a decent human being and you will not be a person that I want to be around, nor will you want to be around me. 

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 5:33 PM

renniw52:

I had to go outside in the snow with a pipe wrench to turn the pole holding the antennae to get the channel from Erie or Buffalo.

I didn't know they had TV in the Jurassic period, Rich...Lol !

Who remembers being able to leave your doors unlocked at night while the family slept? Would you do that nowadays? 

I remember the 3 channel televisions Dan...my father even had a remote control for it...ME...Lol !

WGT has grown from a village to a metropolis in our 4 years here, Rich, and will soon need it's own continent at the current rate of growth. The infiltration of "gamers" with their "if you're not cheating, you're not winning" mentality shows more and more everyday.

The "tin foil hat brigade" (the VEM crowd) has grown tenfold because they believe that WGT is out to get them and their money even though they use poor course management and even worse club selection. 

The days of the Ping G10 Master Irons and 112 credit GI-SD balls as the best equipment are over, even though they lent themselves to some interesting game play, to say the least.

The days of offering "tips" to players are over too, my friend...unless you want your head bitten off... Been there, done that..I have a detached head to prove it....Lol !

fatdan:
    now you can ask ANY question and 30 people will volunteer info with a few smart @$es still hanging in there...

I resemble the latter part of that comment, Dan..Lol !  I'm trying to catch our lovable prolific poster, Rich, with his 4447 posts..Lol !

.... just sayin'.....Lol !

RSS