Forums

Help › Forums

Get It Off Your Chest.

Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:34 AM (42 replies)
  • DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 6:01 PM

One in seven people are a$$holes.*  If you have six friends that are all great guys... well....

And we had to get up and walk to the TV to change channels (Until they came out with the wired remote control with the 25 foot cord.)

* All statistical information in this post is the creation of the poster

Have a great night all,

Dave

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 8:50 PM

First thing early I take my cat to the Vet , thats a fun trip . 

Then go to help at the Not my inlaws house with old folks chores . Cut the grass , clean the gutters , get ready for winter . Bla Bla Bla 

Get home and find out my water tank took a dump ,  lucky home owner am I .   so lucky thats its in my basement . 

tear out , multi trips to said sand box store , clean up , cost of parts , cost of time , cost of calling in a favor from a friend who is a plumber that lives next door .

And of course none of the new stuff lines up so off to the sand box store once more .

all looks good and I am ready for a hot shower and dinner and a game , 

I sit down and spark up WGT .

Now then the cat comes up from the basement where the sand box and new water tank are , as Boo ( cats name ) walks across the wood floor I see wet paw prints .

one of them things that make you go Hmmmmm .

Sure enough , the old shut off valve said its my turn .

OPY

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 9:48 PM

I've been here only about 6 months now, but I enjoy the hell out of this forum/community.. Probably just as much as playing the game.

I've had good interactions for the most part. I think maybe 1 or 2 dickheads I've had to deal with.. but they're the same with anyone who's new to the forum, so I can look over that.

I do laugh my azz off, literally.. on occasion. I've also been on the receiving end of some much appreciated generosity (thnx Roger, Alan, Lily, J, Cowboy.. many others)..

I feel like unless WGT allows this thing to spiral downward, the community at large is in good hands for the future.

I tip my cap to you all..

ISH

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 11:50 AM

Many of us are a tight knit group. If there is any confusion, the ones who rain on our parade mean absolutely nothing to us. Just saying. My close friends are that and mean the world to me. The spoilers don't even get my attention. To my friends on WGT, Love you gals and guys and always will. Yes I put the gals first, they deserve it. Be a man and don't cry about that. LOL

Squirrel Nutz.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:38 AM

It doesn't help that the old school Vanguard have a significant population of sanctimonious jackasses who are terminally inflicted with groupthink.

If you're not one of them, you get collectively jumped on.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:49 PM

In my time on here (since May 2011) I have had only two totally distasteful incidents, one in a chat window when I first joined, which I must assume originated from a frustrated 10 year old with a five year old's mentality. And, one from a former CC owner of mine who considered my "ruler strip" at the bottom of my screen to be cheating of some sort. Aside from that, I would have to say my WGT experience has been very positive. Those who know me, know I try to interject a little humor whenever possible, have long since ceased moaning about WGT's shortcomings( didn't do any good an' prolly never will ), an' can't play worth a crap iffin' I been drinkin'( which is most of the time). I have no clue as to my percieved social standing in the forums. I try to diffuse potentially volatile forum postings whenever I can, but , when I can't, and a person appears hellbent on the continued harassment of other individuals, in direct violation of posting guidelines, I will ask that WGT do it's job. Other than that Renn, and providing WGT limits it's monumental failures to a couple a year, I don't see more negativity, but, maybe it's cuz I don't look for it.

Doc :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 3:45 PM

MichaelStroke:

It doesn't help that the old school Vanguard have a significant population of sanctimonious jackasses who are terminally inflicted with groupthink.

Well Mike, gosh, you should have seen the Forum about 5 years ago...no moderation... YIPEE !!! It was the Wild, Wild, West loaded with Gunslingers ! Some so drunk & high they became Big Game for the intelligent sharpshooter... Set the bait and BULLS-EYE !! It was a game in itself.  We got a moderater and I soon got put on a long time-out...I had to beg, plead, smooch the backside and apply generous butter to get back on. I'm older now, I behave, but at times I can feel temptation to pull out my trusty old acidulous acupuncture needles and proceed with the skillcraft.....but resist.   ;-}

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:21 PM

Renni,,

In head to head matches,,, golf is,,, and should always be a gentlemen's games... Maybe some silly trash talk among friends,,, but no swearing, insults or disrespect for others in your match...

However,,, do believe this set-up by WGT,,, should not be called golf or given the respect golf deserves... But,,, as a gentlemen's I save my discourse for the forum...

Two issues today,,, I have learned to save on balls in playing tournament events... By the 4th. or 5th. hole the game has already gave me a complete indication of weather or not my gaming skills will come into play... So I simply withdraw... What the use of beating a dead cat... When routine shots to the pins,,, give funky results,,, or when putts,,, from 3 to 12 feet,,, somehow break a little more,,, or less,,, come up a hair short,,, or the rimmed putts never fall,,, the blind pig is not going to find an acorn today... This funk,,, or carnival act become to obvious...

My scoring average keeps going down from below 69,,, yet I find myself playing tournament formats where I am constantly at plus 2 and above six holes into the game... Defies logic,,, But logic here can see you play miles away from trouble,,, hitting the sweet spot square and your ball takes that strange kick directly left,,, into the water... I have thousands of rounds here,,, what could be a superior game,,, is spoiled by simple funk... I deem to make this an issue because of WGT.s sucks money out of good people implying that better balls are the answer,,,, when in fact better balls will find the water 5 times better then free balls. TY

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:32 PM

SweetiePie:

MichaelStroke:

Well Mike, gosh, you should have seen the Forum about 5 years ago...no moderation... YIPEE !!! It was the Wild, Wild, West loaded with Gunslingers ! Some so drunk & high they became Big Game for the intelligent sharpshooter... Set the bait and BULLS-EYE !! It was a game in itself.  We got a moderater and I soon got put on a long time-out...I had to beg, plead, smooch the backside and apply generous butter to get back on. I'm older now, I behave, but at times I can feel temptation to pull out my trusty old acidulous acupuncture needles and proceed with the skillcraft.....but resist.   ;-}

I think I would've preferred that.  There are way, way too many idiots here who have neither decorum, nor the ability to identify it.  When I gave an opinion about programs that do the thinking for you, I explained how I felt about it in clear, rational, and respectable terms.  I even told the person that I hope her hand recovers soon, that it takes some intelligence to make a program like that, and charity to distribute it for free.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you what happened after that.  I had a difference of opinion, so every fool and moron had to come out and trash me.  This is why I like to rub their faces in it, and why I have no use to even attempt civility anymore.  If they don't like what I have to say, they can go self-fornicate.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 5:34 PM

I just wish we could all get along and have fun playing golf. I welcome any new friend and will play a round when I can, rank, average, status, level, means nothing. If I can help out I will. If you can give me some pointers, please do. No disregard to anyone here. We can rebuild this game. Let;s get the fun people back in place and let the chips fall where they may. Renni is not what I used to be, age and health is rearing it's ugly head. I am just trying to maintain and try to recoup some of the fun times. I didn't expect to go downhill this quick but it happened. All my fault. No regrets, but tough none the less.

Rich

RSS