Forums

Help › Forums

Get It Off Your Chest.

Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:34 AM (42 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:27 PM

MichaelStroke:
    When I gave an opinion about programs that do the thinking for you, I explained how I felt about it in clear, rational, and respectable terms.

What you said back then:

"If your math and basic problem solving skills suck so badly that you need something like this to compete, you're just plain pathetic"

Calling people who use such a tool pathetic is not what I consider to be rational or respectful.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but you are part of the problem on the forum, not part of the solution.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:23 AM

Hey Ren and the rest of you who I totally respect and admire ... I'm sorry for the following ...

MichaelStroke:
    When I gave an opinion about programs that do the thinking for you, I explained how I felt about it in clear, rational, and respectable terms.  I even told the person that I hope her hand recovers soon, that it takes some intelligence to make a program like that, and charity to distribute it for free.

Strokehappy ...

Let me be one to say you're full of BS, either that or just too stupid to realize you have totally and completely insulted someone.  You called me a cheat for writing such a program and everyone else that uses it idiots and cheats.

We all solve problems differently, Stroker.  I have a very strong math base.  Writing a computer program requires this.  So, when I am faced with a problem presented to me by a computer program, That gives me numbers like distance, elevation and wind power, I'm going to figure out what it's after by determining the equations it's using.   Far from "idiot status".

So, does having the advantage of knowing I'm playing a computer game that uses mathematics to determine the result make me a cheat, or merely smarter than you?  Does sharing my talents with others make me and those users idiots and cheats because we want to come up with the answer faster than one can using some other method?

One can cut a board using a hand saw or a power saw.  Is the person that used the power saw cheating, or merely using the most efficient tool to handle the job at hand?

Of course, in your alleged mind, you allegedly think the power saw user cheats, just like those that will use a program that will perform the same calculations one can run on a calculator or with a pencil and a sheet of paper a cheater.  Many will agree with you ... many won't. 

It's just your approach lacked any respectability towards me and those that use my program.  You were simply rude and attacked me and every user of my program personally. You're an effin' tool if you really (and allegedly) think you were respectful.

Like they say, opinions are like a-holes ... everyone's got one ... but in your mamma's case, she has at least two!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:52 AM

I used Kat's program awhile back and I think it's great. I had a problem with Cross winds on approach and it helped me to understand it a bit better.

I don't use it anymore, but I recommend it thoroughly for people to use and learn more or improve their game.

-Roger

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Oct 28 2014 4:40 AM

WOW !!

Mr. Stroke - 

I think Kat just called for close air support on your position...

BOOM !!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Oct 28 2014 7:35 AM

Awww come on people!

Mike did come up with a solution to the "Ebola" problem by shooting everyone who flew in from Africa!

Not one of you came up with anything!!!!

Just because it's against the laws, ethics, and morals of 99.999% of the rest of the world doesn't mean it won't work with a little tweaking here and there like shooting the 1st responders who pick up the bodies of the dead Africans too....

I got your back Stroke!!!!

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:48 AM

Geez, all this attention ... Michael must be getting hard.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:46 AM

What's the difference between light and hard?

Wait for it....

You can get to sleep with a light on.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:12 PM

Close this thing, too many trolls for me anymore. I have nothing else to add to the forums anymore. About done with the idiots. What a damn shame we have so many people who just don't understand common decency. -------------------------------------------------------????????

• spanishshark
    117 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:35 PM

393 Posts

Right on. Couldn't have said it better myself.  

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:53 PM

fatdan:

Mike did come up with a solution to the "Ebola" problem by shooting everyone who flew in from Africa!

Not one of you came up with anything!!!!

I got your back Stroke!!!!

RSS