Forums

Help › Forums

Get It Off Your Chest.

Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:34 AM (42 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 4:50 PM

Old Squirrel Nutz here. I have seen my favorite past time I ever found in my life going down the drain. I don't mean the game or anything against WGT, I mean the quality of players behavior. I have all but stopped playing because of the actions I see from people. I was introduced to this site by my son over 4 years ago. He said, "Dad you will like this". I did and I still do. However, not like the early days. I would sign on, play a few holes and then join a game. It didn't seem to matter what level, average or whatever, everyone would join and we would have fun. Playing golf and chatting it up. The better players would offer tips and do all they could to help you advance. What The Hell HAPPENED????????????. Now it has become a bashing site for several folks who have nothing better to do than call people out. The top players (legit) are really that good. They have spent countless hours playing and figuring it out. (No C word required). They are really that good. Many have circumvented the game and, yes I will say it, they CHEAT like hell. Now our beloved WGT has become a none stop moderated Face Book. People, let's get a life and get back to the original concept, golf with friends. Buy what you can, play free, or leave it be. If you want to talk $hit to someone, do it on another media, leave our golf alone. I just had to get this off my chest. Sorry.

Renni

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 5:09 PM

+1

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 5:39 PM

+ 100

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 6:48 PM

The game has changed Sir , Kind of like when the new guy moves in next door .

Some of us move in and respect our new friends and the guy next door . 

Or you might get someone that is jerk that never cuts his grass and has trash sitting on his tree lawn all week . ( does not want to stink up his own house so he puts it out side for all to see )  :  Bad OPY  or Riddle me that Bat Man .

The game has changed and that is sure .

But like any community it will grow and change .

Some of us are golfers and some want to learn , and then we have the gamers .

this was my 3rd post after I cleaned it up . 

Respect to winn25 .

OPY 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 7:11 PM

opyeuclid:

The game has changed Sir , Kind of like when the new guy moves in next door .

Some of us move in and respect our new friends and the guy next door . 

Or you might get someone that is jerk that never cuts his grass and has trash sitting on his tree lawn all week . ( does not want to stink up his own house so he puts it out side for all to see )  :  Bad OPY  or Riddle me that Bat Man .

The game has changed and that is sure .

But like any community it will grow and change .

Some of us are golfers and some want to learn , and then we have the gamers .

this was my 3rd post after I cleaned it up . 

Respect to winn25 .

OPY 

Respect for the game should still be used by all members.

This game was a gentlemans game, and should still be.

p.s But with all the lovely ladies included ! 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 7:34 PM

Renni-

Hang in there. Keep an eye on the section that you posted this in for the next few weeks, I think you'll find something that will help you remember what the community is really all about.

Stay tuned.

MC

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 12:50 AM

To be honest I do not think players behaviour has changed since I started playing. Players quit after hitting a bad shot back then, they still do, some players were abusive and rude back then, they still are - the list is endless.

I find good players still help newbies - provided they are willing to listen.

Perhaps players cheating has increased, but I play with friends, I do not play for money so if they do cheat, well so be it, but it does not really affect me.

The forums IMO have changed, probably for the worse with more personal attacks in the past but overall it is still a great community.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 3:02 AM

Well I think for the most part, and I've only been around a year, seems longer than that. Even I've noticed in that time a change especially in the forums, what is more evident than ever is the distrust along with the realization as to just how greedy and utterly crass wgt as business really is. 

They really do shoot themselves in the ass by the way they handle, or rather choose to not handle issues or a crisis as it arises with either something they've introduced as a tournament or a feature in the game. Their apparent attitude of "Shut up and play or leave" has, as it should, really started to rub people the wrong way. This game and business is only here because of one factor - Us, the players. Without us this place goes under in an instant. I think a lot of the time you see people come in here, totally annoyed at something within the game, they're pissed to begin with, then they see a thread or something posted that annoys them even more and add to it.

WGT really do give nothing back to the community as a whole, nothing. There is no defense because there is nothing to defend. Name anything, as far as any real worthwhile gesture they've given back to us the players? Giving someone a ball they'll never use is really, pretty useless. 

The latest example in my mind is the tournament setup in order to determine who gets to play Icon. I'm sorry but this is just, and I hate to keep using the word but it fits, this is just crass. So we as players are supposed to spend our money, as in using up balls, to play and see if we can win the privilege of playing against one of the admins? Someone who pays zero for their equipment and doesn't spend anything on the balls they use. Does no one see what's wrong with that? It's actually costing you money, to try and earn the privilege of playing against someone who has no financial stake in the game at all. And yes I get the whole 'community' aspect of this, and I don't think that it is a bad thing, great idea. What would make it a really good idea, and a genuine gesture from wgt's perspective is if they were to give everyone who played in the tournament a 'real' ball for their effort and participation. Good gawd man, put some effort or thought into your ideas.

This company has absolutely no idea how to work with, promote, manage and/or encourage the members, the people who keep them in business. This game has no foundation or spirit with respect to golf as a pastime or sport whatsoever, none.

They still haven't, as an organization come out and made any attempt to own the fact that they totally messed up the Clash event, made any attempt to try and come up with some type of gesture to compensate the players who spent lots of their own money for what was in the end - an act of futility. No respect, zero. All they had to do was simply say; "Yep, that was a mess, our bad." Give everyone 500 credits to cover some of the balls and cc passes and it would have been seen as something halfway worthwhile as far as a show of dealing in good faith. Instead they ignore the entire thing, and watch the whole place implode. This is good management, how? 

It's too bad really, I like the game, ya it can be annoying, yep there are cheaters a plenty. Does that mean you can't play or place well? No, learn to play better. 

I really does seem like this place is almost at a tipping point, where a great number of players are sort of waiting to see what's happening, If nothing major happens here, if wgt just takes the 'business as usual' position, I think you'll see a lot of players, long standing players as well, start to play less and less, well a lot are even now. 

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 10:22 AM

renniw52:
    What The Hell HAPPENED????????????.

alanti:
    To be honest I do not think players behaviour has changed since I started playing. Players quit after hitting a bad shot back then, they still do, some players were abusive and rude back then, they still are - the list is endless.

This from 4 years and 3 months of playing. I would say he is speaking from experience.

I wrote similar words on my profile page when I hit the tour pro tier. Amazing!

Here is your answer plain and simple. 

2 other things have not changed since the 2 periods I have been here. 6/13- 12/13 then recently 6/14 to date. A little less than a year. These 2 things are what is bringing your gentleman's game into the sewer.

There is a hierarchy in here. That just can not exist in an internet game scenario. The average age in here is 65 + and that comes with a sense of dignity and sincerity from experience as well. Friendships forged from the beginning blah, blah. Then a newer younger type of player enters.

The fire still burns in some. They also have a code of respect. It is 180 degrees different than yours. The frauds on the internet are all targets to the younger of the players as truth is asked for, some see right through it. We all know the end result of what just happened to one person calling another out and the other answering.  One had support, one did not. The later had the truth and facts to back it up, but not one of the hierarchy wanted to hear it. Some older players did see through the haze and then the gates of self destruction opened.

That is where the calling out on a personal basis comes in. I can not speak of the money whining in here (cheats) as I am smart enough not to play. That is not kicking anyone that does. I just don't know enough of this game to even think of playing for money. However that statement I just made would make a certain number of people want to call me out for saying it. Mostly the elder gang. People can no longer take the written word for it's intended meaning. Each individual has the right of interpretation. I see all too much, misinterpretation. Post's finished with "just saying" things as that. Because there are WAY too many people in here that want to pick apart individuals thoughts because they are not in line with their own. Before ending posts people must show that they are being nice with such an ending because there are the people that watch every thing in every post in here. Looking for a new toy. Buzzards sitting on a limb waiting for their next smash and grab.

This brings me to the second part of the problem with your once pristine game.

The aforementioned buzzards that cause strife in the forums. They want with all their fiber to be WGT mods. Well what they really are, are a maladjusted malignant pack of the same people that have something to say about every subject in here. They must be heard. They must have their thoughts be recognized as to see their own self worth in here.

Now there are many posters in here that post 1000s that do it just to be helpful or humorous. They are not the buzzards I am speaking of. If it wasn't for them this place would have gone bankrupt long ago. Personally I think a certain Canadian and British pair are the reason this place is still in business with a few other very noteworthy people.

I have a very heavy background in psychology that has been in use for 35 years. I am no smarter per say than anyone in here. That is not what I am saying. I do however see maladjusted behavior over the top in here by the same long term players to the point where all they want to do is take someone out by talking in PM's between themselves about who is their next victim in here to get booted out.

That would be me. I speak the type of truth no one wants to listen to. I don't sugar coat it.

All because of intolerance of other people wanting to interject another thought. I was lucky enough to be a part of something in here that I thought was a benevolent thing. Then I watched it go right into the sewer because of a few comments that were purposefully construed into hate speech. When benevolence is being portrayed, by definition you can not refuse. You either are, or not. So I suggest you don't try to be benevolent. Make something else up. It will almost look the same. Or, change some attitudes. I will not be holding my breath on the attitude changes.

The game will never return to the beginnings you wish Renniw because of the reasons above. When the allowance of all people to have their say and to have it respected is adopted, then and only then will you begin to go back to the way of a gentleman's game.

Response to the intellect or lack of, in another person's beliefs can come in two forms.

Acceptance or rejection.

Which do you see more of lately?

When people disrespect each other it only grows ill will, until they understand what they are doing to each other and resolve it with each other. The buzzards jumping in escalate the situation for distraction and sport. One sided support is given to one of the individuals. By the buzzards. The repair that was going to take place will not due to peer pressure.

There are your answers. When you as a long timer stop pleading with the buzzards and start teaching them Renniw (clip their wings) this will change the game back to the path of decency.

Some have put in writing that some of them will not change. The proof keeps coming like a freight train, every week. 

Good luck with your wish. I hope the people that have the power within, will grant you your wish. 

If it is one thing I know in here. It is you are the kindest man in here. That's the fact JACK!

People will only do to you, what you allow them to do to you.

I stand for the truth and that is why I am not liked. People can't stand to see their own truth so they come here and pretend to be someone they are not. Not all. But a fair amount.

Just so you all know. My grass it cut.

Just saying,lol :),;), & all the others.

Carry on your discourse. Please have the courtesy and good grace to let me know of my check out time in advance please. I shall be moving to the "Hotel California" soon and need some advance notice for travel plans.

This has proven to be an excellent study in psychology. I must say I know most of you better than you know yourselves. No need to be on a friends (HAH) list.

-------------------------<*{{{{{{-(

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 11:04 AM

ithurtswnipee:

I'm trying to figure out the long gap at the end of your post, after the fishy thingy. I messes with my browser and seems to expand and takes more and more space in the window. 

Nice post by the way.... ;) 

RSS