Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Hunt....Icn indulge me for a bit, lock as you see fit

Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:12 AM (147 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 2:56 PM

notonthis:
    Good idea i tried that but aslong as someone says your a cheat then everyone believes it. So no matter how much you have helped someone or the numerous hours spent making videos or on skype trying to teach someone how to putt if someone says your a cheat then your a cheat.  Nice way to wake me up from a break though i was actually enjoying it and ty to all the ones that removed me because of what someone said but my blog says a little different and anyone else who believes it then plz feel free to remove me because none of you help raise my 3 girls so to be a virtual friend really doesn't mean that much to me. Enjoy the game guys.

LOL!!! Paaaa-LEASE man! You will get a few NAIVE players to be puled in by a statement such as this but for the most part the community knows the absolute truth.

What is really sad man is how you try and deflect the light off of you by posting that blog and put the light on one of your "former "friends. That is WRONG man.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:02 PM

.....using a standard mouse that doesn't feature macros

And therein lies the major defect with this game. The dreaded '3 state' swing meter. 

You can absolutely do what he suggests, hell I'm sure any of the 'gamers' here caught onto that pretty fast. It's a function built into gaming mice and keyboards. It's not circumventing anything in the game, nothing being written to defeat this particular game specifically. It's just automating mouse button clicks and inserting delays before executing the release state, byproduct of my $140.00 mouse.

Is it fair or ethical? In my mind no, not in this game, not the way they game is designed it's not. The flaw of the swing meter is so easily exploited, it's up to each player to play fairly. I don't know how many people are doing this, I'm sure there are some, obviously gamers that know how to write macro's, use the software. I don't, my scores will attest to that and I'm too lazy.

Of course it is kinda of limited, and somewhat a pain I would think if you were going to run it on each swing.

Like he says, unless you can see the person activating the various buttons on the mouse to run the macro needed for certain clubs and shots, you'd never know.

Also, as the deviation and VEM is applied evenly and fairly throughout the entire player base of WGT, hitting the ding every shot doesn't matter anyway. I mean guys like Lizard69 have more than proved that out in his videos. So why bother going to all that trouble? 

I still think it's a great idea, having top 2% players playing live via Twitch. I suspect it will be a thin lineup though. Maybe not though... 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:06 PM

Now we see firsthand what comes of a witch hunt.  Brandon (notonthis) has been accused and convicted based solely on the lies of another.

I hope the community sees the danger of jumping to conclusions and that Brandon's reputation as an upstanding and accomplished member of this community is restored.

I'm honored to count him as a friend.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:11 PM

mkg335:
    Now we see firsthand what comes of a witch hunt.  Brandon (notonthis) has been accused and convicted based solely on the lies of another.

Where do you get that from?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:16 PM

YankeeJim:

mkg335:

YJ, will pm you.  It concerns the guy who was a member of our cc for about five minutes and is related to a polecat.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:16 PM

YankeeJim:

It was in another post/thread.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:17 PM

mkg335:
    is related to a polecat.

LOL

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:25 PM

He's nothing but a punk. 

Oh, and take that finger and stick it up your ass

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:35 PM

Woodoworkery:

He's nothing but a punk. 

I did that right before i stuck it up can you see the brown on it?  We have had our words in the past and i left you alone so i'm not gonna argue with you hope all is well your way.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:36 PM

Woodoworkery:

+1

How could you expect anything less. Just typical man,,,,

RSS