Help › Forums

Re: The Hunt....Icn indulge me for a bit, lock as you see fit

Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:12 AM (147 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 18 2014 9:08 PM

fatdan:

I

I planned on starting to play in the RG's,?

Dan...my advice in RG's, look at the conditions,,can you play the?...start slow,,,pick your best courses, the ones you like...stay calm when the ding leaves you 15 feet from the hole...line it up and get it in.

It's a process  if you have it to compete, you will...don't be discouraged by a 31....ya know?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Oct 18 2014 9:29 PM
    Tell it like it is Baggy. You're as honest as the day is long.
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 18 2014 9:55 PM

courteneyfish:
    Tell it like it is Baggy. You're as honest as the day is long.

Wold love to chat about this Ms Fish....if you have the time...

Invite coming

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 1:26 AM

MBaggese:
    Hey, bottom line I was hurt...I wanted to rant...I did...was in no way (and should never be) construed ass a witch hunt.

Wasn't you Mike, it was the plonkers who came later with their torches ablaze ! 

The Holier than Thou Brigade has been in fine fettle this Month :))

Andy

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 1:54 AM

alcaucin:

MBaggese:
    Hey, bottom line I was hurt...I wanted to rant...I did...was in no way (and should never be) construed ass a witch hunt.

Wasn't you Mike, it was the plonkers who came later with their torches ablaze ! 

The Holier than Thou Brigade has been in fine fettle this Month :))

Andy

Exactly. With no proof whatsoever. Mike, you are honourable. So is Andrew. I know him VERY well and I know he would never cheat. If any of you accusers have had to go through in your personal life what Andrew has had to, you would know that. There's an unwritten statement there. Think about it.

If anyone has proof of cheating, please follow Icon's instructions, and send the information to WGT.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 2:13 AM

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:02 AM

MBaggese:

Dan...my advice in RG's, look at the conditions,,can you play the?...start slow,,,pick your best courses, the ones you like...stay calm when the ding leaves you 15 feet from the hole...line it up and get it in.

It's a process  if you have it to compete, you will...don't be discouraged by a 31....ya know?

This would be my advice on the RG's too Baggy.

I'm not a regular on the RG 'circuit' so to speak, but when the courses are right for the cost of buy in, then I figure I can compete to make a few creds.

I check the old leaderboards on the 50c & 100c comps and see who's regular and whether 30 is gonna at least break even ( I can shoot lower but it's not too often), and then play em as much as I can until they change the rota and I'm out of my league again, and I have to wait another month.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:44 AM

fatdan:

I would like to know what WGT's stance is on the evidence given in Mikes thread?

Circumstantial? Enough to do something? No big deal?

I planned on starting to play in the RG's, I don't care if I lose to honest players, but I won't give away credits to thieves is why I'm asking...it somewhat seems that WGT  just wants it to go away and everything goes on as it is by the witch hunt reference and I can't see that being acceptable personally....on the other hand I don't really think you can do anything about it knowing how it works...

Do you have a plan?

+1

From time to time what we all fail to remember - Cheaters are revenue. Some of these (Cheaters) generate A-LOT of money. So when you really think about it and as SAD as it is, cheaters will always be a part of  the WGT community. 

What is frustrating for a paying customers and the HONEST PLAYERS in the WGT community is this; if you suspect or have proof of someone cheating, please submit such proof to members@worldgolftour.com Point is-It is just disheartening not hearing-reading one post - NOT 1 reply from WGT expressing their concern and the effort they put forth to combat this on-going issue. As the honest "paying customers" we are entitled to know - how are you (WGT) combating these illegal actions from players using cheat programs? 

Dont you (WGT) have a Public Relations person on board? You need to hire one. Honestly. They are worth their weight in gold. A solid PR would come in here and clear this up with 2, maybe 3 post at the most.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 6:30 AM

Want to offer something constructive to the cheat issue. You cannot demonstrate that every round is fair without 100% coverage, so this is my aim. Every round will be broadcast live on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/fmagnets until I get bored of it, or until the meter starts playing up. Each round is recorded too, so I can post any particularly decent ones on Youtube. First up, a solid 61 in the 500cr uEL at Bo4. Not as good as the 58 the other day, but would usually be good enough for a 3 or 4 shot win - loading on my profile page right now.

Every honest player could give this a go. Let's see who can really play.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 7:43 AM

fmagnets:

Want to offer something constructive to the cheat issue. You cannot demonstrate that every round is fair without 100% coverage, so this is my aim. Every round will be broadcast live on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/fmagnets until I get bored of it, or until the meter starts playing up. Each round is recorded too, so I can post any particularly decent ones on Youtube. First up, a solid 61 in the 500cr uEL at Bo4. Not as good as the 58 the other day, but would usually be good enough for a 3 or 4 shot win - loading on my profile page right now.

Every honest player could give this a go. Let's see who can really play.

Ive done this a few times in my CC already,even broadcasting our weekly 3 hole comp.The downside is,that it shows that i can't play lol.

Russell

EDIT just thought i'd help ppl out with your link Mags.

http://www.twitch.tv/fmagnets

RSS