Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Hunt....Icn indulge me for a bit, lock as you see fit

Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:12 AM (147 replies)
  • skunkyone420
    173 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:41 PM

notonthis:

Want to offer something constructive to the cheat issue. You cannot demonstrate that every round is fair without 100% coverage, so this is my aim. Every round will be broadcast live on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/fmagnets until I get bored of it, or until the meter starts playing up. Each round is recorded too, so I can post any particularly decent ones on Youtube. First up, a solid 61 in the 500cr uEL at Bo4. Not as good as the 58 the other day, but would usually be good enough for a 3 or 4 shot win - loading on my profile page right now.

Every honest player could give this a go. Let's see who can really play.                                                                                                                                                                                      Good idea i tried that but aslong as someone says your a cheat then everyone believes it. So no matter how much you have helped someone or the numerous hours spent making videos or on skype trying to teach someone how to putt if someone says your a cheat then your a cheat.  Nice way to wake me up from a break though i was actually enjoying it and ty to all the ones that removed me because of what someone said but my blog says a little different and anyone else who believes it then plz feel free to remove me because none of you help raise my 3 girls so to be a virtual friend really doesn't mean that much to me. Enjoy the game guys.

SORRY MAN

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 3:45 PM

Elknoxious:

In my opinion, videos prove absolutely nothing unless you are recording your hand and using a standard mouse that doesn't feature macros. Just recording playing on twitch is just claptrap to prove your innocence. Anybody can slightly move the pointer near the ding on video to falsify hitting the mouse button.

Just play and have fun

(Not accusing anyone...just saying)

Can't help thinking the claptrap lies within this post. If some automated offscreen technology has been set up to autoding, this would stand out like a sore thumb on Twitch or a video - because every shot would be dinged. Real play has dings, slight misses either side, big misses either side, the works. So if your suggesting that a whole range of dings and misses has been preprogrammed, then you probably need your head seeing to, as all that would do is mimic normal play - in which case why bother, why not just play!?

The live Twitch broadcast is there for all to see. Watch it, don't watch it, up to you. Some people want to learn, some people want to see real play with occasionally good results, and the broadcast is for them.

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:11 PM

fmagnets:

Elknoxious:

In my opinion, videos prove absolutely nothing unless you are recording your hand and using a standard mouse that doesn't feature macros. Just recording playing on twitch is just claptrap to prove your innocence. Anybody can slightly move the pointer near the ding on video to falsify hitting the mouse button.

Just play and have fun

(Not accusing anyone...just saying)

Can't help thinking the claptrap lies within this post. If some automated offscreen technology has been set up to autoding, this would stand out like a sore thumb on Twitch or a video - because every shot would be dinged. Real play has dings, slight misses either side, big misses either side, the works. So if your suggesting that a whole range of dings and misses has been preprogrammed, then you probably need your head seeing to, as all that would do is mimic normal play - in which case why bother, why not just play!?

I can't really argue with you but in my mind you wouldn't necessarily hit the ding every time.

Because, sometimes the meter would glitch which may throw off the timing of the meter ever so slightly which would cause the macro to miss the ding.

Second, it would be tedious to assign macros for all ranges of power but for the most dedicated in the art of manipulating the game, this could easily be done by creating your own shot meter and assigning buttons based on power. The point is, the macro is set to trigger after a set interval. So if one were to take a shot at slightly less than full power, you're going to miss to the right of the ding. 

And sure, there may be times where one may not use it, such as on close approach shots. 

Again, not accusing anyone. It's a lose-lose battle and some folks will go to whatever lengths to manipulate the system. It is hard to prove and my point was that there are ways to be inconspicuous about it on video.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:18 PM

As already stated earlier in the thread,

Theres Golfers and there's gamers 

I know where I stand and having a calculator would be a chore.....

Maybe why I'll never be any good.

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:32 PM

Cheats suck,WGT sucks more for not dealing with them,which is inturn stealing from honest people.

Aslong as WGT does nothing there will be cheats,and aslong as WGT makes money out the cheats they won't ban them unless someone complains and has evidence because they will lose some revenue.

I myself can't be bothered doing any videos and anyone has the choice to call me what they like,i have 6000 rounds+ all mine good and bad

My high tech piece of cardboard meter stuck on screen with blue tack has done me well for 2 and half years and i won't upgrade it till the lines wear off.

The cheats here doesn't bother me in the slightest,i just ignore they exist.

WGT are the cheats here making more money out of them,if i ever find evidence of them ignoring cheats i'll report it to them so they can ban themselves

ROCKY 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:41 PM

Hell, I may be the world's biggest fool, but I'll gladly be thought a fool if that's a byproduct of defending the fundamental principle of presumed innocence.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:51 PM

mkg335:

Hell, I may be the world's biggest fool, but I'll gladly be thought a fool if that's a byproduct of defending the fundamental principle of presumed innocence.

+1

Anyone just naming who has  familiar spirit used to be good enough, but was ousted in legal parlance.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 5:47 PM

You know, they funny thing is.

All it would take is about 25K, a month or so of coding and debugging and the whole thing with the meter would gone. There really would be no way to cheat it, not effectively.

Those with gaming mice would have a slight advantage because of the DPI / polling rates of those mice. Running the raw input registry fix would help as well. 

So either WGT don't want the swing meter issues to go away, they're too cheap or the don't have people skilled enough to develop a decent swing meter, which might be related to the second point.

FMags has a good idea... see how that plays out.

Either way.... This is all just kinda boring as sh*t now...  I told Icon I'd stop coming in here. ;) 

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 6:14 PM

Golfers just want to play a fair game.

While Gamers just want to exploit any bug in the game.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 6:38 PM

My final post on the matter (yay!) and just a few points:

1. The presumption of innocence is fundamental to any free and fair society.

2. When cheating's possible, the weak will cheat in order to gain advantage.

3. Half-truths are usually more damaging than outright lies.

4. The burden of proof always lies on the accuser, not the accused.

5. This whole episode has served only to pit member against member and is counterproductive.

6. The responsibility for straightening out this mess and assuring members that they can play without fear of being bilked by cheaters lies squarely and solely on the shoulders of WGT.

7. The powers that be need to look at dedbunny's suggestions (and those of others) about how to derail cheating.  Sadly, the case can be made that WGT's first priority is generating income and they'll be reluctant to do anything that jeopardizes that, even though in the long run they'll show a bigger profit if they can assure members that they're playing a fair and honest game.

RSS