Help › Forums

Re: The Hunt....Icn indulge me for a bit, lock as you see fit

Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:12 AM (147 replies)
  • br1b3
    91 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:08 PM

Romax:

wow. what an interesting accusation... 

only person that I am aware of  who match that is me... and I can tell you right now, no matter what screenshots you bring out, it's not true...

not only did I never use a CE, but even if I could, I wouldn't.. I am just too lazy to run all these things.......

if anyone doubting me, then there is nothing I can do, but you have my statement :)

-wgticon

p.s should you be moderated for spreading misinformation? 

There is no need to point out your laziness to the community. That characteristic is painfully obvious to us all, and now to your superiors as well. Busted.!
    I do however, wonder how anyone who has never had any experience with a CE could possibly know how much "work" it is to run it.??. I have no clue if it takes 2 minutes, 2 hours or 2 days to set it up and have no intention of finding out.

I know how to use CE does not mean i use it.

Really i can't see point why people do use it for this game,where is the fun in it?

I can understand people trying to save money to suffice ball cost,but some of these big money earners just use for their artificial egos and playing inabilities,which is kind of laughable.

A decent player should have the skill needed to cover costs,without need for cheating.

As far as employees using CE why would they need to in all seriousness if they want good score they would just type in  a good score without even playing the round,think about it? Where is the logic in a employee needing to use CE?

Another point though,why does wgt not have protection against use of CE?

There is many programs that can be installed on gaming websites that scan memory to find users,using these programs disable accounts and even ban accounts.Maybe something wgt should look into? Yes sometimes false positives are given,but a account that gets disabled over and over,might have to give a explanation why this is the case.

Prevention first seems like the key,think about it WGT these cheats are effecting your income flow @ WGT in many ways.

1.They never spend money

2.Legit users get tired of this and leave you site

3.These users are selling credits at cheaper prices then wgt,so there is more profit loss.

I think the wgt community just wants a fair game for all!!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:36 PM

br1b3:

Well said there.

Now I know Icon doesn't need back up from me on this, but have seen him in action twice...once when he hosted BiB and Avlees match at SA a few years ago...we got to see everything Icon did,,,

Next was a skins game, lights out and fast he is.

If he cheats, I'll eat my 9 dollar mouse!

Edit:

Actually a 3rd time in AS match he hosted...poor Icon, stuck with Shoe as a partner;)

• br1b3
    91 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:44 PM

MBaggese:

br1b3:

Well said there.

Now I know Icon doesn't need back up from me on this, but have seen him in action twice...once when he hosted BiB and Avlees match at SA a few years ago...we got to see everything Icon did,,,

Next was a skins game, lights out and fast he is.

If he cheats, I'll eat my 9 dollar mouse!

Yes i've seen some of the streams with lee,bib,sck,icon among others from back in day very entertaining.Those where the days where players had real Talent,with alot harder equipment ;)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:57 PM

br1b3:
    Those where the days where players had real Talent,with alot harder equipment ;)

Yep...back when BiB ruled WGT with G10's...Icon was a master (retired to WGT employee status around then) with his Raptures...not dabbling into anything else, but recall how exciting it was to make the green on BPB 5..with WGT balls?

Mercy a putt?...now what to do!

Decent clubs were out when I started here, but the real players learned this game with the inferior equipment (as opposed to what we have now).

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:49 PM

alanti:
    It is still a great game, played by IMHO, mostly honest players and in my case, I fund my own play and do not play credit games bar the odd CC game. If I win or lose, it does not matter - for me it is about trying to set personal targets, nothing more. To play with friends, having fun is what the game should be about, not averages, scores or career earnings.

Well Said.

I might have the odd game (very odd scores...lol) in a R/Go now. Not as many as I once did. No chance of getting anything from them now.

Just CC Comps, a few Wgt Free comps and Multi player games and I agree all that is still fun.

Does Wgt have Anti Cheat programs running?

I think if they do, then they should turn em off for all free comps and use em only for Credit or Major Tournaments.

-Roger

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:54 PM

MBaggese:

Decent clubs were out when I started here, but the real players learned this game with the inferior equipment (as opposed to what we have now).

Yeah, the game was better back then.  Well, not so much the game itself, more the spirit of the place.  Scores were more realistic and you knew the players hitting low ones were really earning them.  I don't refer to cheating when I say that, rather they needed great course management skills and needed to know the greens inside out as you couldn't stop a ball dead from 200 yards, you had to know how it would roll after landing. 

When I started Bollox was the really big name, I think I just missed the Avatar Lee days.  Sadly he seems to be in semi retirement, it'll be a sad day for WGT when he hangs up his mouse.

Damn, I'm rambling here.  I'm be moaning about the price of petrol next.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:59 PM

mantis0014:
    Does Wgt have Anti Cheat programs running?

Somebody mentioned a long time ago about this, in order for this to happen, something(program) would have to be downloaded to the computer you're playing on...since WGT can be played anywhere you at...say at work...the "work" may not allow down load of such a program (I'm guessing some .exe file...dunno...

As was mentioned before,,,and i think in this thread, gamers will do what it takes to win or be on top...those are the ones who are more likely to use a CE...those of us who found this game because we ply(ed) golf, just won't do it (use a CE)

Now I'm not saying every gamer uses a CE, far from it, but I hope any Golfer IRL would not.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 11:33 PM

I am abandoning this mission. I've come to realize there is no point to it . Wgt is for Wgt and that is the bottom line.There is zero communication on issues that members are upset about, but instant responses to anything that doesn't quite fit WGThieves vision of suitable. Friends have advised me to leave this issue alone, so I will. The corruption, dishonesty and deception can just carry on as normal for all to endure or enjoy. 

I don't play for credits, so its all irrelevant to me, but cheating is still cheating whether it effects me or not. My time here on WGT has been a blast, but its not the fun it once was. If not for some darn good friends here, I'd have been gone long ago.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 11:41 PM

Romax:

I am abandoning this mission. I've come to realize there is no point to it . Wgt is for Wgt and that is the bottom line.There is zero communication on issues that members are upset about, but instant responses to anything that doesn't quite fit WGThieves vision of suitable. Friends have advised me to leave this issue alone, so I will. The corruption, dishonesty and deception can just carry on as normal for all to endure or enjoy. 

I don't play for credits, so its all irrelevant to me, but cheating is still cheating whether it effects me or not. My time here on WGT has been a blast, but its not the fun it once was. If not for some darn good friends here, I'd have been gone long ago.

That's certainly a cop out.

You brought up your "mission"

You set a 2 day time limit

Now Icon say's put up or shut up...and you bail.

Your credibility is zero.

I really am surprised, you never gave me the impression that you were an attention seeker, but I guess you are.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 11:52 PM

MainzMan:
    I think I just missed the Avatar Lee days.  Sadly he seems to be in semi retirement, it'll be a sad day for WGT when he hangs up his mouse.

He gave a farewell post quite some time ago...such a class act he was/is....one of the best players here, but never talked down to a question posted...went to great lengths to explain things for us newbies.

Classy guy for sure.

RSS