Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Hunt....Icn indulge me for a bit, lock as you see fit

Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:12 AM (147 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 9:21 AM

WGTicon:
    o, let's move on and enjoy the game and don't forget to tune it at 3pm PT today at http://www.twitch.tv/wgtgolf to watch me try to keep up with fmagnets.

That I would like to see!

Kids have Dental appts at 3:30, dang it...whack'em well gents!

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 9:28 AM

MBaggese:

He gave a farewell post quite some time ago...such a class act he was/is....one of the best players here, but never talked down to a question posted...went to great lengths to explain things for us newbies.

Classy guy for sure.

Indeed he (AvatarLee) was and I remember those days well, Baggs.

BolloxinBruges still is the man here...regardless of his frequency of play these days. I have been fortunate enough to play with him on several occasions and learned a lot from watching him during a game.

Priestess is another player that stands out in this game...she is an awesome player as well and went out of her way to play with us less fortunate players back in the day. The joke between my P (StrangeMagic) and I was, "If she lands the green..concede her putts because she won't miss."

There were/are so many great players here from the days of old that they are too many to name. They know every course so well, it boggles the mind.

- CS

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 10:18 AM

Yep have to agree with you CS, they were ,and still are tops ,it's a shame that they are not showing up as much as they use too.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 10:48 AM

Romax:

This whole thing was done wrong and was very poor judgement on my part. It was a knee jerk reaction based on a PM from a friend. I have ne excuse and no defense.I offer a humble apology to Icon and the community for all of it.

I brought this all on myself and I am prepared to suffer the consequences.

^^  That took backbone....

Welcome back amongst the vertebrates.

Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 11:01 AM

WGTicon:
    So, let's move on and enjoy the game and don't forget to tune it at 3pm PT today at http://www.twitch.tv/wgtgolf to watch me try to keep up with fmagnets.

Looking forward to it.

Been tuning in to Mags' stream occasionally for a few holes here and there..

Apart from the blank screen on 1 round, peppered with sniffs and snorts..

^^^^ Just a cold I hope F , no 'outside' products ? :-)))

You'll need to get ya golden gear a tad warmer tonight Icon

GL both

Andy

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 12:03 PM

alcaucin:

^^^^ Just a cold I hope F , no 'outside' products ? :-)))

Are honey and lemon strepsils considered performance enhancing drugs?

Cold clearing up a bit today though. Will maybe go in heavy with the Vick's Vaporub to try and minimise the sniffles for the live broadcast! Or time them for Icon's backswing......one or the other!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 12:48 PM

fmagnets:
    Will maybe go in heavy with the Vick's

LOL, that takes me back...love the smell and clears the pathways !

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 1:03 PM

LOL, Good old Mom, Vicks in a vaporizer, hot tea with honey and lemon, and all the orange juice and water the body could handle w/ 2 aspirins every 4 hrs...you had 2 days max to get better 'cause you were going to school regardless....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 1:08 PM

fatdan:

LOL, Good old Mom, Vicks in a vaporizer, hot tea with honey and lemon, and all the orange juice and water the body could handle w/ 2 aspirins every 4 hrs...you had 2 days max to get better 'cause you were going to school regardless....

You forgot the Castor Oil.  :-D

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 1:33 PM

Dear old Dad made a hot and I mean hot lemonade with a shot of rye whiskey. You drank it straight down went to bed with 3 blankets and sweat-ed like a stuck hog all night long. 

Your half dead a$$ was dragged  out of bed in the morning and off to school you went.   Haven't thought about that in a very long time...............  ;-))

RSS