Sun, Oct 12 2014 1:20 PM

NOW THAT IS PRICELESS....

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 1:35 PM

sweetmiffy:

MichaelStroke:

This thread makes me horny.

I'm sure it does. And I'm equally certain it's not species-specific. You really try to be edgy.

epic fail.

And what a shock - you'd be wrong.

Thanks for playing though, skirt.

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 1:42 PM

MichaelStroke:

sweetmiffy:

MichaelStroke:

This thread makes me horny.

I'm sure it does. And I'm equally certain it's not species-specific. You really try to be edgy.

epic fail.

And what a shock - you'd be wrong.

Thanks for playing though, skirt.

Why don't both of you get back on topic rather than joust with each other?  Maybe call it a day if you have nothing more to say on the subject..  This has been a fiasco.  Perhaps you both can agree on that.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 2:02 PM

Some people are missing the point, I'm not against good ideas to make this website more enjoyable, but the common denominator with VEM and the badly thought out CC v CC clash idea to name but two, is the maximisation of profit for WGT.  

Bottom line for me is that some time back, WGT crossed that red line called greedy and it has clouded their judgement in providing value for money for the members.

What I,  and I assume what many other members want, is a good craic, value for money golf game website.  This one,  -driven by 'The Man'-, seems to want something else.

Add Your Name if You want the CC v CC Clash Scrapped and Overall Better Value for Money From WGT >>>    264348.aspx?PageIndex=2

• quelani
    219 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 2:39 PM

Did I fart?....indeed I did.....it was however LOUD and PROUD.

WGT's on the other hand was SILENT and VIOLENT and I guess the majority of us know just how much of a STINK those ones cause.

• alosso
    21,041 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 2:55 PM

DAZZA501:

What the "loop holers" have done is go against everything that the game of golf stands for and Wgt have made it worse by allowing it to happen.

Worst thing for me is that the company stated "It was according to the rules". This shows me that the rules are no rules - anything might happen! I might even win the Virtual Tour with zero credits earned in it.

The CC just has taken their chance opened by the game. They have the theoretical chance to clear their conscience by cashing in the putter (100,000 cr) and donor this to all players, e.g. in their own Twelve Days of Christmas. It might even give some sense to the "mockery" mentioned by their owner.

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 4:26 PM

I haven't read through all 65 pages of responses nor do I intend to.  I very rarely read the main forums and it's a lot more rare for me to post in them.

I don't have a problem with a company making a profit, I was a business owner for 32 years and there were many times I needed to come up with a new idea to make some dollars.  I also don't have a problem paying for something providing it's fair, honest and legitimate.

I really don't see this as having any of those qualities.  First, as many have said before me, the clubs with more members AND more time have a large advantage so being fair is tossed out. The people/clubs with more time to play have the big advantage due to being to play more rounds.

The honest part was gone as soon as the winning club used a loophole to win the top prize....actually, shame on them for doing so.  What a huge slap in the face to the whole CC due to a single member.

As far as being legitimate, nope, WGT admitted the winning CC used a loophole but that club was still paid off.  I'm wondering just how many pro's on tour have used a loophole to win a tournament?

I'm curious....since there is a price tag on the gold putter, is the recipient able to sell it back>  If it's been answered previously, sorry for asking again but like I said, I haven't read through all 65 pages.

• RyjaTybas
    5,142 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 4:26 PM

I wonder if this "golden putter" is sponsored by King Midas.

Fear ye who touch it.

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 4:45 PM

On a positive note, the CC v CC thing is a good idea.  Obviously there needs to be a lot of tweaking to make it more fair so as to give every CC a chance at the top prize which btw, I don't think it should be a golden putter.

Maybe people need to make some suggestions to help improve the idea?

Maybe have 3 divisions?  Div 1 for clubs up to 75 members.....Div 2 for 76 to 150 and Div 3 for clubs with 151 to 250 members or something like that. 

Each division will have a winning CC where they get XXXXXX amount of credits to divide up amongst the players.  Once there are 3 division champs, there can be a playoff for the top prize.....maybe 4 divisions would be better?

Just a couple of ideas......

the big issue is, no matter what, not everyone will be happy.

• bbqdog61
    430 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 4:54 PM

Would like to just see final results to see how the cc's finished up. To this point, has anyone received there rewards(lol) for pouring their credits into this money making monster. To this point, Have not seen any rewards to date and our CC finished top 10........Just wondering...

RSS