Forums

Help › Forums

Add Your Name if You want the CC v CC Clash Scrapped and Overall Better Value for Money From WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 25 2014 3:24 PM (31 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 11:18 PM

firetrucky:
    I am from a club of 50 members, we will never be more than 50 members because we like the small club and every one is pretty close.

Totally missed so far by the WGT rocket scientists putting all this together.  Maybe they think they can just watch everyone now set up 250 member clubs, do all that work then sit back whilst the majority spend their own cash to chase a, "gold putter" like the proverbial lemmings over a cliff...........Great idea...pfft.  Bath not able run be comes to mind!

A bit of humility saying got some things way wrong, and going to compensate (coughing now lol), and then what the plan is to build and where it's all aimed.  Sorry that's getting into real business plan territory which they don't bother with, just stick to smash and grabs....

The next CC V CC clash well even WGT must realise they shovelling shyte uphill getting an interest up for that.........

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 11:54 PM

Jimbog1964:
    The next CC V CC clash well even WGT must realise they shovelling shyte uphill getting an interest up for that.........

Spot on..

• stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 1:19 AM

Jimbog1964:

Unfortunately, I don't think they will.

If they set it up similar to the way they did this last one, vast numbers of people will find they are entered automatically , and their scores on the leaderboard, whether they intended to play the clash or not.

Once that happens, a great many will get caught up in it, and play it out - maybe not the majority of the people on this forum, but there are tens of thousands of others that will.

It's a bit like a mass mailing campaign - most people will chuck it straight in the bin, but enough won't, so it becomes profitable.

That said, I personally would like to see this form of competition consigned to the bin immediately, never to surface again.

Steve

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 2:43 AM

Yeah scrap it, anyway proper cc v cc clashes are what you good folk do between yourselves and with the use of ptrenters thread for easy contact. I run a fun comp named you cant drive on here girl, off red tees, no driver allowed and with starter balls. Its  strokeplay with another member of club and its a laugh. I have other ideas with using starters, but its not about making a statement, it just saves some creds and its a laugh into the bargain.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 5:01 AM

WGT's basic concept for the clashes is good. The first step of a system of play between counrtry clubs of somewhat equal size/activity is good. Now they must come up with a weighted scoring system that allows a club with a few active members to go head to head on the leaderboard with clubs that have 225 active members. This might mean calling for a minimum number of rounds played in each small clash, giving more credit to winning each individual clash, and then dividing the total points an undefeated club has accumulated by the number of rounds played.  The size of a club would then be set aside as a factor and the winner would be based on quality rounds. WGT seems to have a system that will match clubs of nearly equal activity in the small individual clashes but they did not get the overall winner category thought out. With all of our comments, I do hope that they will go back to their drawing board and fix the problems we have pointed out.

If they come up with a fairer way for clubs of all levels to compete, they might also think about a system for club owners and officers to manager their clubs play. With a few days lead time, an idea of events in the individual clashes, and a time duration, teams from the clubs could be established. The club I belong to has members from many different time zones. Our far East members could be prepared to play some events while our European members readied for other clashes. Those of us in the US and Canada could play in a later clash. The impact of our free passes every 12 hours could then be balanced among the clashes.

The system does need some work but it is fixable if the WGT listens to its members. 

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 5:41 AM

courteneyfish:
    What say we calm down and give it a chance. Hopefully WGT will learn from their mistakes and come back with a better product. There are too many headless chickens posting on these threads in my opinion.

That reads like a typical headless chicken comment.

CC v CC games are a  good idea, that's why I started the Time Zones Golf Club League, a competition with the emphasis on good craic and not winning credits, we did have small sponsored prizes donated by members. We were promised sleeves of balls by WGT for the winning team but unfortunately, The Men fell short on their promises.  

TopShelf2010:
    Granted Starter Balls have their pitfalls... but they are free. The whole concept is designed around NOT spending credits in any way shape or form for awhile. The only way to get the attention of the rich and powerful is to hit them where it hurts... in the bank account

Coincidentally, I posted this (Have You Got the Balls to Use 10 Centers?) free club tournament last week and close to 50% entered, but I've no idea how many used the cheap ball. I'll ask them.     leaderboard.aspx?id=a8065a2d3e2441908000a3b900eb68c1

Some people are missing the point, I'm not against good ideas to make this website more enjoyable, but the common denominator with VEM, the badly thought out CC v CC clash idea to name but two, is the maximisation of profit for WGT.  

Bottom line for me is that some time back, WGT crossed that red line called greedy and it has clouded their judgement in providing value for money for the members.

What I and I assume what many other members want, is a good craic, value for money golf game website.  This one,  -driven by 'The Man'-, seems to want something else.

• DakotaDog61
    115 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 6:39 AM

Well, I haven't been here long, (joined in July) but I have had and am having a great time.

I've met a lot of fine folk, found a home club, spent a sh**load of real money, (hence the awesome and awe-inspiring WGT flag icon!) and am having a great time.

The thing that really bothers me in the CC v CC clashes is the golden putter.

Why force the club owner to have to make that decision as to who gets it? Added pressure and potentially divisive as well. Why not have the putter go to the Club? Everyone in the club has access to it, however that may be decided. It sits in the club bank, as it were, and could be "rented" by club members. Maybe even limit the usage of said club to these very CC v CC clashes, (assuming they can work a system where people want to play in them....)

I think it would be better if the Golden clubs belong to the Country Club instead of one player. Just my 2 cents.

• xbritewood
    84 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 12:09 PM

I agreed

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 2:41 PM

firetrucky:
    In my opinion WGT has a good concept but it was poorly executed.

I agree & have said the same. They just rolled it out too quickly, IMO. I'd be upset if they didn't try fixing the issues & continuing them. ANYTHING like cc vs cc is good for the site & players I think.

I believe wgt's problem is being too focused on the $$$, when all they need do is get creative, add formats that encourage playing and are fair and done well, and the $$ will come. Just don't make the money the top priority. Get that thinking out of your heads wgt and focus on making players happy and you'll have all the income you need.

My offer to work for free on ideas for the site stands. Not saying I would definitely get the perfect solution, just that I think I can do a better job than what I have seen so far here. As could so many players here, as well.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 2:52 PM

cc vs cc was the wish from the players,  and wgt turned it into who will buy most passes , I think they got the concept of by miles and then some.

RSS