Forums

Help › Forums

CC vs CC Event

Wed, Mar 14 2018 5:17 AM (977 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:13 AM

So I am starting this thread to try and get all the questions in one place so I can answer them as quick as possible.  I will be around most of the day to answer.

So a few things that I have noticed while testing that could be helpful.

- Any Member can start a clash.  I would highly recommend owners designate a couple of players to be the ones to start the clash.  Once a clash is started that is the only one that can be played until it is over.  Clashes can be started by going into the Game Client and then clicking on your Country Club.

- The CC vs CC Event will last for24 hours.  Each clash within that event will last for 6 hours.

- Use your super passes wisely!  You only have a specific number of them to use for a event.  These passes will give you double points for the clash.  So using the modified stableford system, a par would be 2 points.  Using the super pass will make that par worth 4 points.

- Your club will be matched up automatically with another club that has the similar participation.  They wanted to avoid a club with 40 active members playing against a club that has 200 active members. 

- Lastly, there will only be 1 Max CC putter given away per CC vs CC Event.  The Owner of the club will be the one who decides who gets the putter.  The owner can use what ever criteria they would like. 

That's about all I can think of right now. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:16 AM
    I really think that it should be owner and officers only to start these. There could be cases when a new member that doesn't understand these things starting one off when there are other events going on within the club.
  • alberich35
    858 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:22 AM

I suggest than the owner can decline offer the *** putter and so avoid divisive in CC that worked well before WGT put there nose.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:24 AM

courteneyfish:
    I really think that it should be owner and officers only to start these. There could be cases when a new member that doesn't understand these things starting one off when there are other events going on within the club.

There will only be a couple events a month and we will give a lot of warning about it starting.  So you can designate a couple players to be the one to enter it.  I see your point and I will bring it up to see if it is something that can be changed.  I know they had the thinking of clubs who's owner is missing or not really active.

- WGTdbloshoe

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:28 AM

alberich35:

I suggest than the owner can decline offer the *** putter and so avoid divisive in CC that worked well before WGT put there nose.

I would hope that other players in the club are happy for the player who receives the putter.  I would think that with a strong club with good relationships would rather pat the player on the back then become hostile.

- WGTdbloshoe

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:36 AM

Some quick questions:

1) Can a CC member enter all four clashes during an Event or are they limited to one?

2) Does a super pass carry over from one clash to another - say I got one for the first of the 4 events can I use it in all the individual clashes?

3) Does a super pass allow you to try again to better your score or is it one time use only?

4) How does WGT determine what an "active" member is -is it like plays daily or played sometime in the last month or???

Ed

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:38 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    - Any Member can start a clash.  I would highly recommend owners designate a couple of players to be the ones to start the clash.  Once a clash is started that is the only one that can be played until it is over.  Clashes can be started by going into the Game Client and then clicking on your Country Club.

Dealt with earlier this thread.  Big potential problem that needs to be resolved IMO.

WGTdbloshoe:
    - The CC vs CC Event will last for24 hours.  Each clash within that event will last for 6 hours.

So 4 clashes?  None the wiser, but guess will work out.

WGTdbloshoe:
    Use your super passes wisely!  You only have a specific number of them to use for a event.  These passes will give you double points for the clash.  So using the modified stableford system, a par would be 2 points.  Using the super pass will make that par worth 4 points.

Owner gets to decide who gets them?  Presumably with time to confer should they wish?

WGTdbloshoe:
    - Your club will be matched up automatically with another club that has the similar participation.  They wanted to avoid a club with 40 active members playing against a club that has 200 active members. 

Interested to see how this pans out.  The CC XP is just on XPs, not necessarily a good guide.  maybe as good a crude measure as will get though???

WGTdbloshoe:
    Lastly, there will only be 1 Max CC putter given away per CC vs CC Event.  The Owner of the club will be the one who decides who gets the putter.  The owner can use what ever criteria they would like. 

Hmmm..IMHO better for all mostly that it's a random thing out of any one's hands. Mind you down sides to that alternative too............Suck and see I guess.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:42 AM

EasyEdward:

Some quick questions:

1) Can a CC member enter all four clashes during an Event or are they limited to one?

2) Does a super pass carry over from one clash to another - say I got one for the first of the 4 events can I use it in all the individual clashes?

3) Does a super pass allow you to try again to better your score or is it one time use only?

4) How does WGT determine what an "active" member is -is it like plays daily or played sometime in the last month or???

Ed

1- A member can only enter a clash event by either using a CC pass or a Super Pass.  So if they are willing to buy passes they can enter all clashes.

2- No, a super pass is a one time only use for that event.  Which is why you want to use them wisely.

3 - No.

4 - I am not sure the exact formula, but it is based on rounds and XP earned for the club within a specific time period.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:48 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    1- A member can only enter a clash even tby either using a CC pass or a Super Pass.  So if they are willing to buy passes they can enter all clashes.

Can they enter all clashes more than once if they are willing to buy passes??  

Is it only their best round that counts or best score (points) gained at a hole from all their tries??

EDIT see you have rolled it out basically anyway, but would be nice to know before trying?? 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:50 AM

Jimbog1964:

WGTdbloshoe:
    1- A member can only enter a clash even tby either using a CC pass or a Super Pass.  So if they are willing to buy passes they can enter all clashes.

Can they enter all clashes more than once if they are willing to buy passes??  

Is it only their best round that counts or best score (points) gained at a hole from all their tries??

EDIT see you have rolled it out basically anyway, but would be nice to know before trying?? 

They can enter as many times as they have passes.  All the points count towards their club total.  So if they have 10 passes they can enter 1 clash 10 times or spread it out over the entire event.  Completely up to them.

- WGTdbloshoe

RSS