Forums

Help › Forums

New Average Scores

Sun, Sep 2 2018 5:54 PM (136 replies)
  • Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 1:54 AM

all these changes are great for the future, but what about making changes that effect existing problems like that Legends that should still be tour master on this new formula and the main problem of LEGENDS not getting all the cubs they need

• BriRock
    148 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:29 AM

Deccy180:

all these changes are great for the future, but what about making changes that effect existing problems like that Legends that should still be tour master on this new formula and the main problem of LEGENDS not getting all the cubs they need

Sill haven't bought those virtual tissues from the pro shop yet i see...17 rounds is hardly enough to have even given yourself a chance to cope with the new challenges you are facing...

mikem77:

deccy180

he,s just a serial quitter must have quit 7 country clubs in 8 weeks ,bet he wishes he carded out all his scores now,youve made your bed now lie in it and get on with it

And if that has any truth ito it...then you really need to quiet down...According to your current level there are only a handful of clubs that you CAN'T buy...i suppose WGT should just give them to you out of pity "like legends not GETTING all the clubs they need"...Every other player that has ever become a legend has had to overcome what you are facing now...and EARN their new clubs...like i said earlier, you'll never get any better if you spend all your time making friends instead of playing rounds...which, btw is the only way to level up and get equipment...not sure if you know that or not.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:31 PM

mohuyu:

Unless you shoot under your avg, it won't change [...]

Not so. I just shot 66 on Kia and my average went from 65.44 to 65.42. Whatever the average calc formula is, it is based on X number of previous rounds and replaces a previous higher score with a newly shot lower one.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 4:16 AM
    ThreeSpot:

mohuyu:

Unless you shoot under your avg, it won't change [...]

Not so. I just shot 66 on Kia and my average went from 65.44 to 65.42. Whatever the average calc formula is, it is based on X number of previous rounds and replaces a previous higher score with a newly shot lower one.

I assumed if you had shot a large number of rounds - the X rounds used to calculate your average would be more or less around your average. As far as I am concerned this should be the case for most - good rounds generally reduce your avg and above avg generally have no effect.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 5:30 AM

ThreeSpot:
    Not so. I just shot 66 on Kia and my average went from 65.44 to 65.42.

Here's how it works as near as I can tell. A 33 drops your average .02 points. A 32 drops it .06  and a 31 drops it .10 points.  That's based on my own observations from my own scores and it is very consistent. I'm not sure how levels and # of ranked rounds factors in. I started watching this at a 66.8 average and it's down to 65.34.

Your 66 was in essence the same as a 33 so it works for you too.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 9:36 AM

YankeeJim:

Here's how it works as near as I can tell. A 33 drops your average .02 points. A 32 drops it .06  and a 31 drops it .10 points.  That's based on my own observations from my own scores and it is very consistent.

I haven't been tracking my rounds vs. average drop, but this certainly sounds close to what I have seen.

YankeeJim:

I'm not sure how levels and # of ranked rounds factors in. I started watching this at a 66.8 average and it's down to 65.34.

It might be possible to figure out the formula with enough data points. I'm probably not going to record score and avg change after every round, but I'd be interested to hear how it changes for you as your average decreases. Thanks YJ, good observations.

• NeilD1972
    26 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:46 AM

I had this problem at level 44 and 45...I hit level 46 and it updated...yours should update when your points reach level 33.

Neil

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:53 PM

Well add gas to the fire here....I just went from a 69.36 UP to 69.93!   So there is someone lying about your avg not going up. Had same thing happened yesterday in the low 70's range....my avg went up!   Not complaining just lending my info to the pot.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 12:00 AM

TeeWade:

Well add gas to the fire here....I just went from a 69.36 UP to 69.93!   So there is someone lying about your avg not going up. Had same thing happened yesterday in the low 70's range....my avg went up!   Not complaining just lending my info to the pot.

You just made master tier a few days ago. The average only takes into account the rounds played in your current tier. So your average will keep moving until you put in enough rounds.

• Hamp99a
    7 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 4:21 PM

thanks

• RSS