Forums

Help › Forums

New Average Scores

Sun, Sep 2 2018 5:54 PM (136 replies)
  • 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 5:11 PM

I'm playing the back nine of bpb 9 hole tourney a lot this week as it seems the best way to get points and as soon as I hit a bogey my chance of lowering my average is gone. So therefore I'm finishing out many rounds in a not care mode just to secure the precious level points. You know, don't aim, just hit what the caddy gives you full or maybe lay off some not really gauging the shot don't waste time on spin. The other unlimited tourney at 18 holes is also bpb can't they make at least one of the unlimited free tourneys an easy course? 4000 points now for me to level up, give me a break. This makes me want to play once a day only for the consecutive day bonus. By the time I get to level 80 for the 280 yard driver they will probably have a longer hitting one. 

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 7:21 AM

6packmike:
    I'm finishing out many rounds in a not care mode just to secure the precious level points.

I started to do the same thing ... now, if I don't want to concentrate on a proper round, I simply play a quick CTTP 9 to get the consecutive days points.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 6:58 PM

BigRedNewfie:

6packmike:
    I'm finishing out many rounds in a not care mode just to secure the precious level points.

I started to do the same thing ... now, if I don't want to concentrate on a proper round, I simply play a quick CTTP 9 to get the consecutive days points.

Meter Karma some days makes me do exactly the same thing. If in my first CTTH I see the meter is acting up, I just get the exp points. If it looks like it might be actually "working": (like today), then I will continue playing.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 2:23 PM

Okay then, I appreciate the input there. Now its 5 days later and my avg is still going up (on bad games). Any idea on how long it takes til it makes up its mind as to how much longer this will go on? 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 2:47 PM

TW-I think the average up and down is different in each tier. In the TM tier it goes down when you shoot your average or less but doesn't go up with the bad ones. Apparently this is not the case with the Master tier. That being said, you would need to at least shoot your average for it not to go up. Playing in CC tournaments, albeit ranked rounds, doesn't carry as much weight as say a RG or weekly would. Shoot your average in those and you'll see it go down. GL

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 2:51 PM

YankeeJim:

TW-I think the average up and down is different in each tier. In the TM tier it goes down when you shoot your average or less but doesn't go up with the bad ones. Apparently this is not the case with the Master tier. That being said, you would need to at least shoot your average for it not to go up. Playing in CC tournaments, albeit ranked rounds, doesn't carry as much weight as say a RG or weekly would. Shoot your average in those and you'll see it go down. GL

I am a master and I have days were my meter is all over the place. So a shoot I good mixture of good and bad rounds on all courses. Good rounds decrese my avg and bad rounds don't affect it at all. I don't know if there is a rating but I have found that three good rounds in succession have more of an effect than three isolated rounds. If you are a master and your avg is still fuctuating you simply have not played enough rounds as a master.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 2:59 PM

mohuyu:
    If you are a master and your avg is still fuctuating you simply have not played enough rounds as a master.

This makes sense because the average change is very consistent with each round at average or below with no affect by the higher ones. 

• Jimbo555
    158 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:00 PM

[

mohuyu:
    If you are a master and your avg is still fuctuating you simply have not played enough rounds as a master.

fluctuating...your word is in regard to your meter problems

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:13 AM

okay, thank you for the replies  :)

• MTMDK
    50 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:16 PM

Dont really see this as an improvement like eveyone else, why have a average at all if its only able to go down then eveyone will become legends, i know you need to play a number of stroke play games but still i could just see my self making a new chars as hack and would become legend as lvl 30 would pretty much ruin the fun unless you buy 700 more xp boost bottels maybe thats wgts aim make cash that way.

Would be much more fun if your rank moved up and down along with your average sure people will quit bad rounds but who cares about cheaters i play alot on wgtls and dont see anyone quiting there so it is possible to find none cheating sandbagers 99% of the time you play.

Grow up and make the game for real players and not for the sandbaggers.

RSS