Forums

Help › Forums

What is WGT doing to take measures against cheaters

Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:39 PM (131 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 7:19 AM

If you want to put everyone, well for the better part anyway, on an even 'skill based' field - Get rid of the '3 state swing meter'. Make it an 'interactive input 2-state drag and release' swing meter. Power based on accel/coords of mouse.

Want a better shot at shooting more accurately? Buy a gaming mouse, better DPI and polling rate, less lag.... etc. 

At that point anything to manipulate the game client environment becomes pretty well moot. 

One thing I've come to realize over the last month - This game is much more accurate than I originally gave credit to. While VEM is real and does exist and does create wtf shots now and then. For the most part bad shots are on you in some way or other. 

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 7:27 AM

justacowboy:

why complain about cheats ?????  WGT seems not to care !!! ..easy to fix ,, just don't play RG ,, MATCH FOR MONEY,,OR ANY  WGT TOURNAMENTS ....  just play with your friends and enjoy the game

The only post that makes the most sense thus far.  You go Cowboy.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 8:25 AM

spdemon:

CerinoDevoti:

spdemon:

MBaggese:
    I saw the video.

But they did get rid of that fella 

Unless someone who's seen the video reports the player and includes evidence, WGT isn't going to act. Message board threads don't do anything.

The video is still up but via private link but the guy in it is no longer on wgt (he was reported by the guy that made the thread but i don't remember who it was now )

So it's all cool then. Apologies to AB if I came across a little gruff. As long as the player in question has been reported, it's all any of us can do. Once that's done, WGT always looks into it. It's been my experience that WGT eventually remove the players I've reported in a timely manner.

BTW I've reported quite a few. I just never start threads about it.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 10:26 AM

CerinoDevoti:

So it's all cool then. Apologies to AB if I came across a little gruff. As long as the player in question has been reported, it's all any of us can do. Once that's done, WGT always looks into it. It's been my experience that WGT eventually remove the players I've reported in a timely manner.

Think you missed the point. It was never about reporting a player. I was trying to point out the lack on wgt's side in taking measures against cheating. I would hardly call wgt banning an account after being reported taking action as in taking a more proactive approach.

What I would like to see is for wgt to start taking initiative and being more proactive to prevent cheaters and I think it's in their best interest to. There are many players who will never be reported because they aren't dumb enough to screenshare their cheat with someone they barely know. And the fact someone this dumb has such a sophisticated cheat shows to me this is widespread. All this guy has to do is create another account. Wgt didnt stop this cheater.

Just to make it clear, I'm in no way saying players like dansamcam, poldi, bollox, fmagnets and more are cheating. It is very obvious they are not. They are just good, but there are some no names getting close to or winning that makes you wonder. I have no doubt this slower meter cheat has been circulated. I think more people use it than people think.

And make no mistake. In a pressure situation, getting a high percentage of dings would be a HUGE advantage.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 1:01 PM

AgentBrown123:

And make no mistake. In a pressure situation, getting a high percentage of dings would be a HUGE advantage.

Absolutely - the worst rounds I play are usually the US Open rounds where something "real" is at stake.  My decisions on club, aim, and putting don't change, but I sure can't seem to hit the ding as much when the pressure is on.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 1:21 PM

AgentBrown123:

CerinoDevoti:

Think you missed the point. It was never about reporting a player. I was trying to point out the lack on wgt's side in taking measures against cheating. I would hardly call wgt banning an account after being reported taking action as in taking a more proactive approach.

What I would like to see is for wgt to start taking initiative and being more proactive to prevent cheaters and I think it's in their best interest to. There are many players who will never be reported because they aren't dumb enough to screenshare their cheat with someone they barely know. And the fact someone this dumb has such a sophisticated cheat shows to me this is widespread. All this guy has to do is create another account. Wgt didnt stop this cheater.

Just to make it clear, I'm in no way saying players like dansamcam, poldi, bollox, fmagnets and more are cheating. It is very obvious they are not. They are just good, but there are some no names getting close to or winning that makes you wonder. I have no doubt this slower meter cheat has been circulated. I think more people use it than people think.

I've watched FM's and Bollox's videos for pointers... Does dan and poldi have similar videos?

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 1:40 PM

IRISHPUNK:

I've watched FM's and Bollox's videos for pointers... Does dan and poldi have similar videos?

I don't know about any videos from them. But I respect the fact that they don't give any out either. I think if you worked as hard as these two to get this good, they shouldn't be subject to showing a video spilling their secrets to prove they don't cheat. It's nice of fmags and bollox to do that yeah, but I wouldn't have.

From personal conversations and from seeing their performances. It's very apparent to me that they like the rest of us are affected by pressure just the same. The difference is that their misses are not as bad as the rest of us and their putting is stellar to make up for these mishaps. And sometimes not! You just look at the us open. For both of them, you can see how the nerves got to them in certain rounds.

Back to the topic though please. I just wanted to clarify that my complaints were not directed at these great legitimate players and I'm obviously not stating them all.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 2:00 PM

AgentBrown123:

IRISHPUNK:

I don't know about any videos from them. But I respect the fact that they don't give any out either. I think if you worked as hard as these two to get this good, they shouldn't be subject to showing a video spilling their secrets to prove they don't cheat. It's nice of fmags and bollox to do that yeah, but I wouldn't have.

From personal conversations and from seeing their performances. It's very apparent to me that they like the rest of us are affected by pressure just the same. The difference is that their misses are not as bad as the rest of us and their putting is stellar to make up for these mishaps. And sometimes not! You just look at the us open. For both of them, you can see how the nerves got to them in certain rounds.

Back to the topic though please. I just wanted to clarify that my complaints were not directed at these great legitimate players and I'm obviously not stating them all.

It sure is.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 12:05 AM

AgentBrown123:

CerinoDevoti:

As long as the player in question has been reported, it's all any of us can do. Once that's done, WGT always looks into it. It's been my experience that WGT eventually remove the players I've reported in a timely manner.

Even I (David)

Think you missed the point. It was never about reporting a player. I was trying to point out the lack on WGT's side in taking measures against cheating. 

John, the real point is that you are missing.

The definition of the cheater is very close to that of the multi accounter, so when someone told you that verified accounts are a step you should have figured it out.

You've been here since four years and you should know that the real error from WGT was to not make the actual management of credits from the outset. The verified account is required, period, regardless of whether you win or not credits.

For example, my neighbor is a cheater because use an autoding and with the money he win buy the equipment to continue to do, (instead) I will load the account every 15 days to do the same thing and one day I might even get tired. Making the verified account even closer to be eligible to win credits would be the second step. With little gender equality I think that no one would complain, but the effort made so far need not be sullied. 

Then comes the problem of cheat engine, but on this I got nothing to say. 

Check all accounts would be crazy, here comes the respect towards others and the morality of the individual, but we all know that behind every account they know to hide all (or almost all), let alone if the accounts are more than one.

Instead of criticizing it would be better to contribute as well as described by Cerino.

As mentioned WGT does not necessarily need to tell us what will be done to improve this situation, it would be like sending an invite for a surprise party directly to the birthday dude. 

John, did you ever someone called you cheater?

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 3:27 AM

Account verification is no good to stop cheaters ... it might stop multi-accounters but not software cheaters. I would think the cheater would want to cash out those credits. And not have to sell them on the black market.

I know of at least one cheater/hacker/multi-accounter ... whatever he was, banned and disabled right after the first round of the VUSO ... this cat was winning money hand over fist and was VERIFIED ...

It's no deterrent ...

RSS