What is WGT doing to take measures against cheaters

Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:39 PM (131 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 11:26 PM

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 2:27 AM

One thing definitely see us agree, the fact that there are members so stupid as to demonstrate to the whole community the fact of being cheaters simply uploading videos of their performances. This means being idiot and deny any form of respect to those who over the years trying to improve, even if it is just a game. 

Here WGT should be more present, and treading seriously. 

John, my question was simple. You are and you will remain one of the best players available on WGT and this not only because of the results but also for the fact that your growth has come over the years and without having to cheat, just.

Worry about who cheats is "duty" of mediocre players like me, players that probably suffer the most of their presence, it's just hard to play against which is already a Top Player, imagine having to deal with those who in the course of three months get my same level. This is the real cheat status and this pisses me off.

Personal thought.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 1:05 AM

Note to self.

Not actively participate in discussions that arise as a vent (but well known to the WGT community) and become final silences, sad and showing lack of interest in relation to that for which have been complain. Limited myself to read or watch.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 4:00 AM

Fraenkel:
    One thing definitely see us agree, the fact that there are members so stupid as to demonstrate to the whole community the fact of being cheaters simply uploading videos of their performances

This is the surprising bit to me, I assume it was being shown to people so that more would get the software. Were they maybe being paid to put out an advert for the company selling this?  Just showing off seems unlikely, their falsely low scores were doing that anyway. Suppose attention seeking sometimes knows no bounds, usually seen to that extent in those under 10yo though.

• dave290163
    218 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 6:00 AM

hi

if u know of a cheat program send it to wgt simple.

wgt will have to do something coz ur buying credits just like all gaming sites they are responcible for ur money and have got to prove ur not bein cheated or robbed its against the law .

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 1:09 AM

The makers of this tool have become so brazen that they are commenting on mine and others youtube video's and adding a direct link to the site offering this "ding tool", remarkably enough in the video they use to "tempt" folks to use the tool, the person hit 2 dings and missed 2 by miles lol

What truly made me laugh was the negative comment on my one video with the statement along the lines of "ALL shots in WGT it is crucial to hit the ding", my ding rate is rarely higher than 35% in any of my videos so that disproves their theory totally..

I have informed Icon and emailed WGT and the people have been reported to youtube.

Cant do too much more except hope folks stay away from these things..

Peace,

Liz

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 1:41 AM

Lizard69:
    The makers of this tool have become so brazen that they are commenting on mine and others youtube video's and adding a direct link to the site offering this "ding tool", remarkably enough in the video they use to "tempt" folks to use the tool, the person hit 2 dings and missed 2 by miles lol

That is really sad and full credit for taking the action you have - and I would urge others to do exactly the same.

You are a truly great player, and you really help the community in many ways, including helping players with advice and via your videos.

Nothing more to say but Kudos to you A.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 4:41 AM

Agree with Alan, plus one for Liz indeed.

The only way to prevent cheaters is to have verified accounts by at least 75% of the members and go to exclude those not audited by major prizes or awards in anyway by credits above, a certain threshold. I believe that the same condition is the same as betting sites or where the real money is handled by members.

Perhaps it's this little detail that is not understood, or pretends not to understand: this is not for the glory but for trying to be the best without external support and this status may help to prevent cheaters.

Support by the community is crucial, even at the cost of being mistaken for "cops" as happened previously. Basically everyone invests their money hoping to be supervised by the competent bodies in an appropriate manner.

Imagine if you were been robbed of your wallet, call the police or wait for a patrol crossing accidentally by you. Report anything that may seem "fishy" is a customer personal right, WGT will be responsible for determining whether and how what is reported and could harm the interests of the community. 

All this regardless of what the uninterested could think.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 6:42 AM

Lizard69:
    I have informed Icon and emailed WGT and the people have been reported to youtube.

Thats all we can do Liz, just keep reporting . Like I said WGT will find a solution to this and then they will be gone , then we will see how cocky they are.

It's just a matter of time. To all you cheats out there ,you better watch out ,you never know when the update will have the defense against  your programs, oh and maybe they will be able to even see what accounts have be using them.

Something to think about

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 6:45 AM

My question is , are these programs that figure the wind for u considered a cheat? 

RSS